Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

In preparing for my trip I am going to need a good computer setup, 4 monitors and a computer that will be able to handle that. Anyone know of a place in pattaya that rents computers and monitors? Also the prices... any pointers would be appreciated, cheers

Jeez, are you sure you are going for a holiday?

4 monitors on a single computer?

Would it be worth considering buying them from a second hand shop?

Jeez, are you sure you are going for a holiday?

4 monitors on a single computer?

Would it be worth considering buying them from a second hand shop?

Im trying to get the best from both worlds, life style of thailand and freedom to work online... I will be trading.. you havent heard of anyone renting, maybe your right second hand might be the way to go, but then its only for 3 months, maybe I could store them somewhere?

Yeah can't say ive seen any places renting PC's let alone one cabable of running 4 monitors, the monitors display seperatly or just one huge display resolution ?

Might be easiest to buy a cheapie built PC, add 2 vid cards and 4 monitors, should be able to sort that lot for under Bt.20,000 (depending on screen sizes).

Edited by Fondles

Im trying to get the best from both worlds, life style of thailand and freedom to work online... I will be trading.. you havent heard of anyone renting, maybe your right second hand might be the way to go, but then its only for 3 months, maybe I could store them somewhere?

Further to your post yesterday and my PM was it your intention to run 4 open trading windows from the Dongle connection ??

I would add that whilst I found the Edge connection excellent for Spreads, as soon as I opened for example Pattaya 105fm than the speed was not steady.....

I normally keep Reuters financials open at home with broadband but found that as it constantly updates I was losing speed via Edge. Just a question of balance I guess.

When trading I just kept a single tab open ?? If you get a decent landline set up though, shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by chatkeow

What about 4 Firefox browser profiles running on a single large screen, Iam using a 32" HD LCD TV as a monitor and it has plenty of real estate to support 4 "browsers". HD LCD TV's make for cheap large monitors for general internet duties.

Consider getting a 3G unlimited data plan as a backup.

Who's offering unlimited 3G data? All the packages I've seen have limits on the 3G component and the unlimited aspect refers to EDGE or WIFI only. 3G is active in my area at home with a decent signal and I can pick it up all the way to Koh Larn on the top deck (so adding an antenna would even improve that) but AIS and True move packages dont have unlimited 3G.

Your suggestion is good, if it exists, and I'll be onto it myself if it does.

Cheers :gulp: Admiral Ken

Who's offering unlimited 3G data? All the packages I've seen have limits on the 3G component and the unlimited aspect refers to EDGE or WIFI only. 3G is active in my area at home with a decent signal and I can pick it up all the way to Koh Larn on the top deck (so adding an antenna would even improve that) but AIS and True move packages dont have unlimited 3G.

Your suggestion is good, if it exists, and I'll be onto it myself if it does.

Cheers : Admiral Ken

I have DTAC unlimited 3G and a TRUE unlimited package, both post paid. TRUE is 899/mo, as I recall with lots of minutes and SMS. DTAC is 799 just for the internet, and I pay more for calling and SMS.

I might be off on the monthly rates, but not by far.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yes True for 3G unlimited, without a doubt.

Mr Monkey, rentals is not a big thing in Thailand, I'd be surprised if you found what you want anywhere, let alone have a choice. Go along to Tuk.com and ask at some of the shops, I can't think of any better advice.