Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

British style bars in Bangkok.

I have British bars all year round, fuck them and there over taxed beer and £1.10 packs of pork scratching. The fat barmaids who think there supermodels, the punters who are in the main brain dead twats. Why would I travel 6000 miles to experience the same? :clueless

I have British bars all year round, fuck them and there over taxed beer and £1.10 packs of pork scratching. The fat barmaids who think there supermodels, the punters who are in the main brain dead twats. Why would I travel 6000 miles to experience the same? :clueless

It`s a good point, but only if the bars are shite where you live. Move to a better area.

I used to go to the Londoner every time I had a chance when in BKK. They had some great meal specials, well prepared, and reasonably priced.

I gather from your praise that it's still good. I'm happy to hear that.

I used to go to the Londoner every time I had a chance when in BKK. They had some great meal specials, well prepared, and reasonably priced.

I gather from your praise that it's still good. I'm happy to hear that.

They have good live bands as well, you might enjoy that...

• Upvote 1

They have good live bands as well, you might enjoy that...

That's new. I preferred to go on a night when they were quiet...once I made the mistake of going on quiz night, and it was awful.

• Upvote 1

The Londoner has good food. Just don't make the mistake of thinking that the iced tea comes with free refills. That's common in the USA. I was eating there one afternoon and had some iced tea instead of a beer. Every time I finished my tea, the girl asked me if I wanted more, so I said "sure." I think I had three or four refills at 90 baht each. An expensive lunch.

The Londoner has good food. Just don't make the mistake of thinking that the iced tea comes with free refills. That's common in the USA. I was eating there one afternoon and had some iced tea instead of a beer. Every time I finished my tea, the girl asked me if I wanted more, so I said "sure." I think I had three or four refills at 90 baht each. An expensive lunch.

Common problem for Seppos, thinking the whole world runs the way they want.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that re-fill thing is fairly common in Bangkok. I made the same mistake for breakfast at the Bus Stop. 4 crappy instant "coffees" later, the 115 baht brakfast became a 250 baht event.

Doesn't break the bank but it is one of those things it takes some getting used to and just leaves you with a bad taste about the place ... and most of the Bus Stop meals and deals are pretty good for Bangkok.

• Downvote 1

You don't need to start that shit here do you?

It`s a good point, but only if the bars are shite where you live. Move to a better area.

Bit difficult as I live in Britain so if I move to another area I would still be in Britain . As I have a good job with no commute decent wages and minimal work I think I will pass on your life style advice.

I wasn`t complaining about paying for a refill. Don`t get your knickers in a twist, it`s only a giraffe.

Don't be dense. You know damned well what I meant.

I don't necessarily "want" the world to run in any particular way. I learned a lesson, that's all. Now that I know, no problem.

Yeah, that re-fill thing is fairly common in Bangkok. I made the same mistake for breakfast at the Bus Stop. 4 crappy instant "coffees" later, the 115 baht brakfast became a 250 baht event.

Doesn't break the bank but it is one of those things it takes some getting used to and just leaves you with a bad taste about the place ... and most of the Bus Stop meals and deals are pretty good for Bangkok.

Did they advertise it as free refills ??

I suggest looking out of the window before agreeing to a refill.

If people are driving on the right, go ahead.

If they are driving on the left, refills are not free.

If they are driving in both directions, you are in Pattaya so stop drinking soppy drinks like iced tea and start to enjoy yourself. :D

• Upvote 2

I suggest looking out of the window before agreeing to a refill.

If people are driving on the right, go ahead.

If they are driving on the left, refills are not free.

If they are driving in both directions, you are in Pattaya so stop drinking soppy drinks like iced tea and start to enjoy yourself. :D

I was completely pissed off this morning before reading this....

Classic... :thumbup