Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Last flew with Singapore in November Melbourne/Bangkok/Melbourne.

IMHO their standards are still very good but not so their reservation system.

The Bkk/Singapore leg flight was cancelled (I believe because of low occupancy as this was at the time of the floods and there were few passengers wanting to go to Bangkok at that time) and the flight they put me on arrived in Singapore one hour after the scheduled departure of the Singapore/Melbourne leg. As it turned out the flight to Melbourne was an hour late departing but it was my first flight on the A380 so did not really mind.

I would not hesitate flying with them again.

Cheers

I think the main thing to bear in mind with SQ is that their intercontinental services are a bit better than their regional services and their A380 and B777 aircraft are a bit better than their B747s. My opinion is, if you're going to be doing a stop en-route, Changi would be my choice.

Excellent biz class on long haul flights, but unfortunately you really pay for it! Double the price 9f Etihad out of Manchester.

Yes, I just did a price check myself on a flight originating from BKK.

Singapore soon got tossed, Etihad cheapest.

Edited by jacko
  • 3 weeks later...

Singapore Airlines is rated # 1 by many and no doubt their service is of excellent quality. If you are flying from Europe to Bangkok the flight first goes to Singapore where you change planes to fly back to BKK. The flight passes BKK on the way to Singapore. You then have to change planes and fly back to BKK. This will cost you around an extra 5 hours counting the time between flights, the extra time lost in flying by BKK on the way to Singapore and then the flight from Singapore to BKK.

• 1 month later...

Flying tomorrow Manchester-Munich-Singapore, change Singapore to Bangkok.... 19 hours....unfortunately but £270 cheaper than the next cheapest flight....

Hopefully it won't make me too much of a LDOP.

Flying tomorrow Manchester-Munich-Singapore, change Singapore to Bangkok.... 19 hours....unfortunately but £270 cheaper than the next cheapest flight....

Hopefully it won't make me too much of a LDOP.

How much did you pay then ?? Or is that differential in Biz ??

How much did you pay then ?? Or is that differential in Biz ??

SQ in Biz would be a substantial difference than a lot of other carriers.

I think it is over £3500..... whereas Qatar and Etihad will get you there faster for about £2000 in Biz.