Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

So far, cross my fingers, I have never needed the services of a GP. Its more luck than good management as I have had some decent cuts.

I was however wondering who was recommended in Pattaya and who wasnt. I do understand that a number of boardies have suggested that the hospitals are good.

Are they suggesting that if you want to make a visit to a GP that you use A & E or whatever in Pattaya?

I do see GP's advertising in some of the local rags and wonder if anyone has experience of them? I guess that I am concerned that if I loss, spoil or run out of prescription medicine that I would like a place to turn to. I also have an issue with being allergic to Pennicillin and therefore I would not self dose from a pharmacy in case I got the wrong thing.

Any advice appreciated.

• Downvote 1

So far, cross my fingers, I have never needed the services of a GP. Its more luck than good management as I have had some decent cuts.

I was however wondering who was recommended in Pattaya and who wasnt. I do understand that a number of boardies have suggested that the hospitals are good.

Are they suggesting that if you want to make a visit to a GP that you use A & E or whatever in Pattaya?

I do see GP's advertising in some of the local rags and wonder if anyone has experience of them? I guess that I am concerned that if I loss, spoil or run out of prescription medicine that I would like a place to turn to. I also have an issue with being allergic to Pennicillin and therefore I would not self dose from a pharmacy in case I got the wrong thing.

Any advice appreciated.

If your bothered about prescription medicine take a copy of your prescription with you, my experience is that you will have no problem getting replacements from a pharmacy. If for some reason the pharmacists want a prescription written by a thai doctor, pop into one of the clinics.

For other minor medical matters most of the clinics will be able to deal with your problem adequately. If you're not happy with the advice or treatment given, or the problem is more serious then try one of the hospitals. One advantage the international hospitals have over the clinics is that the doctors are likely to speak better English which means you will get a better explanation of your problem.

Hope this helps

TG

I use one thats on Naklua road just past the Windmill plaza.. forget the name, but its a big place and sign says they have XRAY (one of the only clinics I know of that has their own Xray machine).

The Doc is very good... good english, and very knowledgeable. Have gone there a dozen times in the last 5 years... usually between 200-500 baht (including medicine), and even when I needed 3 shots it was only 600 baht. Very reasonable, and always professional.

Without doubt, the most popular doctor GP used by the expats is Dr Olivier, he is in soi day night, just past the day night hotel. He is the only foreign doctor to have passed the exams in Thailand and can read,speak and write fluent Thai, English, French, German and Swiss. His clinic is very european and not like the Thai clinics, he has a nurse theer and can take care of most problems and he is very reasonable.

If you are coming into town along south pattaya rd, turn left just passed Tuk Com and he is about 200 yds along the soi on the left

• Upvote 2

Without doubt, the most popular doctor GP used by the expats is Dr Olivier, he is in soi day night, just past the day night hotel. He is the only foreign doctor to have passed the exams in Thailand and can read,speak and write fluent Thai, English, French, German and Swiss. His clinic is very european and not like the Thai clinics, he has a nurse theer and can take care of most problems and he is very reasonable.

If you are coming into town along south pattaya rd, turn left just passed Tuk Com and he is about 200 yds along the soi on the left

Absolutely bloody useless....!!

I developed some fever in 2004 really bad out at our house in Soi Nernplabwan......Despite advertising home visits when my wife at the time spoke to him, he complained that Soi Nernplabwan was too far away, and just to go to the hospital.....

In the end she called an ambulance ( just 200 baht !) from the Pattaya Inter and stayed there one night...

Absolutely bloody useless....!!

I developed some fever in 2004 really bad out at our house in Soi Nernplabwan......Despite advertising home visits when my wife at the time spoke to him, he complained that Soi Nernplabwan was too far away, and just to go to the hospital.....

In the end she called an ambulance ( just 200 baht !) from the Pattaya Inter and stayed there one night...

Seems a bit harsh since he simply didn't want to do a home visit, out in the darkside.

His failing was not to recommend what your wife actually did.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

Seems a bit harsh since he simply didn't want to do a home visit, out in the darkside.

His failing was not to recommend what your wife actually did.

Not harsh Jacko...

He's advertised for years and years with his blurb that he will visit patients at home.......The Darkside is not that far ??

Not harsh Jacko...

He's advertised for years and years with his blurb that he will visit patients at home.......The Darkside is not that far ??

Well I am not sure how far up Nerm plink-plonk-plan we are talking here. But he would need to come all the way down Pattaya Tai... a road I refuse to use when in my truck. What time of day are we talking too..... those roads towards the darkside really back up early evenings?

I am not sure he is absolutely useless because of that though.

I agree.

In a car, assuming he drove a car, it would take more than a hour of driving to get to your place and back if traffic was moderate. If heavy, it could take longer. Can't fault him for that, especially if he was having a busy day.

I agree.

In a car, assuming he drove a car, it would take more than a hour\

If he had a motorhome though, he could get the nurse to drive and examine a dozen or so to and fro. Maybe even drop them off near their homes enroute.

Edited by ricktoronto