Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Has anyone tried OrthoSmile Dental Clinic on Soi 6/1?

Yeah I had a crown done there.

Not cheap! But a modern clinic with good facilities. Dentist was a pleasant young woman and they had a Philipina receptionist that could speak good English.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have had extensive dental work (8 crowns and three tripple bridges) done in Pattaya over the years at a 1/4 of the price it would have cost in Australia. I have never had any problems with any of t

Don't get any implant work done in a foreign country. It takes some time to do it right. Crowns , root canals, filings etc they can all provide here as well. But if you shorten the ossification time

Just to add a bit of info so I can generate some useful information:   I am planning on doing the implant part in March...when I return in Oct for 5 months, I will then have the tooth (crown, whatev

Yeah I had a crown done there.

Not cheap! But a modern clinic with good facilities. Dentist was a pleasant young woman and they had a Philipina receptionist that could speak good English.

Ah, that explains why her name is Charice. I got an eMail reply back from them and have an appointment.

I'm sure they're cheaper than the gouging dentists in North America.

Ah, that explains why her name is Charice. I got an eMail reply back from them and have an appointment.

I'm sure they're cheaper than the gouging dentists in North America.

Almost certainly.

My regular dentist said they overcharged me by fitting an unnecessary precious metal crown.

But she likes to sell me cosmetic things too.....

I can't believe what people pay for dental work in the West. It would be cheaper to fly to the LOS and have it done.

A few years ago I had a 20+ year old bridge fail. For reasons not relevant to the discussion here, I could not install a new bridge and thus needed two new implants. Due to the lack of teeth in this spot for 20+ years I also needed bone augmentation surgery prior to implant surgery. So my overall implant procedure was a bit complicated and I did a lot of research before proceeding.

I found that drilling a hole for an implant is far more complex than drilling for cavities. They will be drilling near nerves and if they hit a nerve you may have problems in your jaw or mouth for the rest of your life. The hole and implant need to be located just right or you will have an artificial tooth that does not match with the rest of your mouth and you will have discomfort for the rest of the life of the implant. And it is not that unusual for the initial procedure to be done poorly, the implants are not solidly anchored and they have to be done over.

My regular dentist was smart enough to know he did not have the expertise to do my implants and he referred me to a so-called expert. This expert was going to install 2 implants without bone augmentation surgery and with just some simple x-rays to locate the implants. I knew this was wrong and fired this expert as well as my dentist who referrred me to this joker.

Fortunately I had a good friend who is an excellent dentist and despite the distance I went to him with my problem. He referred me to a periodontist who had developed an especially strong expertise in implants. He put me through the necessary bone augmentation surgery, went through a very thorough process to locate the holes for the implants including making a precise template to guide the drilling.

My conclusions from my research and experience is that having a regular dentist do your implants is much like DIY electrical work or plumbing work on your home. It often times works out fine, but do you really want to take that chance with your teeth? Be very careful who you use for implants. It is far more complex than taking care of cavities, performing a root canal and installing a crown and most dentists really do not have the proper training and experience to meet my demands for a safe and proper crown installment.

• Upvote 1

It is far more complex than taking care of cavities, performing a root canal and installing a crown and most dentists really do not have the proper training and experience to meet my demands for a safe and proper crown installment.

Just realized the mistake made in the final sentence of my above post. I can't edit the post at this point. Here is how it should read:

It is far more complex than taking care of cavities, performing a root canal and installing a crown and most dentists really do not have the proper training and experience to meet my demands for a safe and proper crown implant installment.

• 4 weeks later...

I have always used Dr. Aree in Pattaya International Hospital, wouldn't think of going anywhere else!

Why not....

I have used a few and found them all much of a sameness, friends seem to swear by their own, all different.

I use a small one that runs between Klang and Soi 7. Seems okay although there is always a sense of trying to make as much money as she can.

You might want to think about since she retired.

Jack

I have always used Dr. Aree in Pattaya International Hospital, wouldn't think of going anywhere else!

Why not....

I have used a few and found them all much of a sameness, friends seem to swear by their own, all different.

I use a small one that runs between Klang and Soi 7. Seems okay although there is always a sense of trying to make as much money as she can.

Isn't that the way of the world Jacko....!

P.S I watched a documentary about the botch up jobs that Thai dentists perform on western punters , it was jaw dropping to say the least , be careful out there..... :thumbup

Isn't that the way of the world Jacko....!

P.S I watched a documentary about the botch up jobs that Thai dentists perform on western punters , it was jaw dropping [so to speak] to say the least , be careful out there..... :thumbup

Do you have a link or can you at least point us in the general direction?

There does seem to be an inordinate number of places advertising that they do implants which, I gather, is a pretty complex procedure.

My limited experience with dental care in Thailand--two crowns and a root canal--has been good so far.

Do you have a link or can you at least point us in the general direction?

There does seem to be an inordinate number of places advertising that they do implants which, I gather, is a pretty complex procedure.

My limited experience with dental care in Thailand--two crowns and a root canal--has been good so far.

I can not link it because channel 4 in UK block it as unauthorised , but it was about dental implants being done in Bangkok at several different practitioners for very cheap money , and the after affects when they start to fall out after about a month and the poor fuckers who had it done are living in agony until they can get the money together to put it right , frightening stuff.....

Doctor Aree left PIH over 12 months ago, I was told she went back home to look after her mother and would not be returning.

Doctor Aree left PIH over 12 months ago, I was told she went back home to look after her mother and would not be returning.

Whilst I appreciate her sense of duty to family, this does seem a waste of education, skill and experience.

She told me also that she is on leave to take care of her mother. She did not mention not coming back.

I think it depends on how close you are to someone if it is a waste or not.

Many would find it well worth it to ease the last month of a parent.

Sent from my TAC-70061 using Tapatalk 2

She told me also that she is on leave to take care of her mother. She did not mention not coming back.

I think it depends on how close you are to someone if it is a waste or not.

Many would find it well worth it to ease the last month of a parent.

It often falls on a youngest daughter to help out, or perhaps an only daughter.

I based my comment on the 'would not be returning' statement above.

I am quite convinced she WILL return to being a dentist once the situation with her mother is resolved. I don't know if it will be in PIH again of somewhere else.

• 1 month later...

I am a LDOP too then, just paid 1200 for the standard clean.

It did include a 'gum massage' too, quite bizarre.

Had a few old type fillings replaced too at 800-900 each.

Here.

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaning runs about 800-1000 baht wherever I go. LDOP!

Well, someone in my family got the same treatment at home and it cost nearly $100.

Almost certainly.

My regular dentist said they overcharged me by fitting an unnecessary precious metal crown.

But she likes to sell me cosmetic things too.....

That must be the reason why you still look like a fresh faced young lad, looking half your age. These days I hate it when I look in the mirror in the morning to have a shave. Maybe some of your cosmetics might help a bit. :clueless