Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Which ATM's give out the most cash?

Plan on useing my ATM card more this trip as my bank now refunds ATM charges. In previous trips I found some ATM's only give out a max of 10K per transaction and 10/20K per day (like the ones outside of 7-11's) and others will give out more.

I like to get about 15K tb at a time and don't like having to do 2 transactions to get it.

Do the bank ATM's (Red-Yellow) all give out the same amounts? Does it matter where the ATM is?

thanks

rb

Just noticed the yellow one on Soi Khow Noi today gives the option to take 30k... I thought the physical limit was 20 bills (20k) at all ATMs... but apparently they are getting newer hardware.

Just noticed the yellow one on Soi Khow Noi today gives the option to take 30k... I thought the physical limit was 20 bills (20k) at all ATMs... but apparently they are getting newer hardware.

Is that a Bank Of Ayuthaya ( now KrungSri) bank ATM?

74284_172790039399652_138795489465774_597598_8099823_n.jpg

I thought it all depended on your card account ?/ Ie £500 max withdrawal a day would be around 25000bht.

Two different problems, and not related. ATMs, the actual machines, for mechanical and policy reasons, have limits on the number of banknotes they can physically dispense per transaction. That's entirely separate from your agreement with your bank over the *amount of money* you can have, which has little to do with the number of banknotes you may get.

And note a major key difference: per transaction (ATM) versus per day (your bank).

MM - "KrungSri" is a service/marketing description for a consumer part of Bank of Ayudhya. Like Bangkok Bank's Bualuang, for example -

Edited by joekicker

Two different problems, and not related. ATMs, the actual machines, for mechanical and policy reasons, have limits on the number of banknotes they can physically dispense per transaction. That's entirely separate from your agreement with your bank over the *amount of money* you can have, which has little to do with the number of banknotes you may get.

And note a major key difference: per transaction (ATM) versus per day (your bank).

MM - "KrungSri" is a service/marketing description for a consumer part of Bank of Ayudhya. Like Bangkok Bank's Bualuang, for example -

You are correct Joe;

I have a daily limit of $800 USD on one card and $500 USD on the other two cards, Im not sure what my limit is on my Mastercard but I've never used it and would'nt because of the high fees and "instant interest" the charge unless it was an emergency.

Like I implied I'd like to withdrawl 15-20,000 tb per transaction ($5-700USD) and would like to know where I can do it without starting a transaction and then finding out there's a limit of 10Ktb or less.

Was hoping someone has actually withdrawn sums of 15-20K at one time from a particular ATM, like say "at the bank inside the Royal Garden Plaza I was able to get 20K out of the ATM inside" or "The ATM outside behind the money changes just prior to entering walking street would only give me 10K tb"

chers

rb

I have found that the TMB in Royal Garden Mall (outside the door of their branch towards the front) will spit out 20K every time. I've had trouble will all others in that area.

thanks 4 the info

chers

rb

I was told by a bank back in August that the max amount permitted to be withdrawn from an ATM is 20,000baht.

I had no problem in the bank withdrawing 50,000baht from my card.

cheers

Rodney

You are correct Joe;

I have a daily limit of $800 USD on one card and $500 USD on the other two cards, Im not sure what my limit is on my Mastercard but I've never used it and would'nt because of the high fees and "instant interest" the charge unless it was an emergency.

Like I implied I'd like to withdrawl 15-20,000 tb per transaction ($5-700USD) and would like to know where I can do it without starting a transaction and then finding out there's a limit of 10Ktb or less.

Was hoping someone has actually withdrawn sums of 15-20K at one time from a particular ATM, like say "at the bank inside the Royal Garden Plaza I was able to get 20K out of the ATM inside" or "The ATM outside behind the money changes just prior to entering walking street would only give me 10K tb"

chers

rb

Virtually every ATM will give you 20,000 baht if they have 1000b notes, and if it's within your daily withdrawal limit.

I'd be very interested in which ATMs or bank ATMs give more than 20 notes on withdrawal.

Yes MM, it is.

My bank daily limit is only $400, so I can't take advantage of that.. but wish I could, considering the 150 baht per transaction fee.

Frosty as you live there, do you get your money u need by withdrawing from ATMs or do you transfer money other ways? Just curious on what some ex-pats do.

Edited by davebuczek

Frosty as you live there, do you get your money u need by withdrawing from ATMs or do you transfer money other ways? Just curious on what some ex-pats do.

Expats should have a local account and transfer money into it. A way to avoid the 150 baht charge.

Then there is never a problem getting 20k... and I believe one can and I have got 25k.

If I use my foreign ATM card, 15k is my limit, but I only use the Aeon machines, to avoid the 150 baht charge.

As above all ATMs will spit out 20 notes per dip (If there's sufficient 1K notes in it - there almost invariably is - you can have 20K)

There are a few (a very few) new machines that will give in excess of 20 notes per transaction

If you're using a foreign (non Thai) card then you will be hamstrung by restrictive 'Daily Limits'. Cards drawing on Thai banks can (usually needs raising via call center from the basic amount) draw 200K per day though you have to pump all those 20K squirts out of the ATM ;) (and if you're an SCB customer be ready for the security check phone call before you've finished the withdrawals)

I use two different Ayuddhya bank ( yellow ) ATM in Jomtien with my farang debit card and I can withdraw 30.000 / transaction.

About the only way I ever get baht cash is ATM for walking-around money, or into the bank and into line for larger amounts. I'm probably not typical, because I generally send baht out of Thailand (mostly by bank transfer), not bring foreign currency in.

As above all ATMs will spit out 20 notes per dip (If there's sufficient 1K notes in it - there almost invariably is - you can have 20K)

And near as I can figure, not having researched it, this 20-bill limit is universal in ATMs.

HOWEVER. I have actually noticed recently on brand-new, fancy-shmancy ATMs in the US that there is a 30-item limit, in or out of the ATM. The new ATMs take deposits, and you can only put in 30 pieces of paper per transaction, including banknotes and cheques - and you can only get 30 banknotes out.

So it seems to me that the 20-note (old) and 30-note (new) limits are very, very hard-wired and probably a world standard.

Edited by joekicker

ALL Bangkok Bank ATMs will give their customers 25,000 per withdrawal.

When I opened my account I had to choose a daily limit and set it at 50,000.

I have tried for more than 25,000 but that seems to be the machine's limit.

Edited by The_Fat_Controller

I have found that the TMB in Royal Garden Mall (outside the door of their branch towards the front) will spit out 20K every time. I've had trouble will all others in that area.

I am always of the opinion that its best to use an ATM at a branch outlet. At least if it gets swallowed there is some chance of getting it back.

I am always of the opinion that its best to use an ATM at a branch outlet. At least if it gets swallowed there is some chance of getting it back.

Me too....and less chance of rogue gadgetry and cameras too. I have taken to using my left hand for cover as I tap out my pin.

Me too....and less chance of rogue gadgetry and cameras too. I have taken to using my left hand for cover as I tap out my pin.

Yes, I dont know if its the same in Thailand as at home but if your card is swallowed at a random ATM the card is destroyed as the machines are serviced by contractors. This compares to using an ATM at a bank where they are stored for pick up.

The bank inside the Royal Garden Shopping Center ate my card. I was able to get it back within a few minutes. God only knows how long it would take to get it back from a ATM outside of 7-11? FWIW I carry a spare ATM card with me.

Not according to international banking agreements.

If the card goes adios, you're faced with contacting your bank for a new card.

always a good idea to have a back up or alternative card. Even a power outage could cause grief.

Big d may have been a lucky exception but that's not how the plan's supposed to work.

"The bank inside the Royal Garden Shopping Center ate my card. I was able to get it back within a few minutes. God only knows how long it would take to get it back from a ATM outside of 7-11? FWIW I carry a spare ATM card with me. "

• add.png
  • delete.png

Edited by 9cisco999

Not according to international banking agreements.

One of the (many) great things about Thailand is that they tell your international banking agreement folks to eff off and take the horse they rode in on with them.

If you lose your ATM card at a machine that is at a bank in Thailand, you will almost certainly be able to go in and talk to the *nice* people in the bank who will get it back for you, and laugh at your international banking agreements and the horrible, ridiculous and stunningly anti-consumer policies they represent.

One of the (many) great things about Thailand is that they tell your international banking agreement folks to eff off and take the horse they rode in on with them.

If you lose your ATM card at a machine that is at a bank in Thailand, you will almost certainly be able to go in and talk to the *nice* people in the bank who will get it back for you, and laugh at your international banking agreements and the horrible, ridiculous and stunningly anti-consumer policies they represent.

I have often wondered... to get an ATM card back from a hungry machine, by chatting to the lovely ladies inside, are you required to prove identity or anything? I actually have an ATM card where my name is not on the card... it works, I just keep using it.