Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Sorry but I am not very tech savvy and I realise that some of you guys out there are wizards and I wonder if I can get some advice. I have a laptop with some installed programmes but no discs.

I would like to get rid of one to give me a bit more space and was wondering if its possible to place this on a DVD or an external hard drive? I would like to hang onto the programme for another day (or a new computer). As a matter of interest the programme is Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.

Sorry but I am not very tech savvy and I realise that some of you guys out there are wizards and I wonder if I can get some advice. I have a laptop with some installed programmes but no discs.

I would like to get rid of one to give me a bit more space and was wondering if its possible to place this on a DVD or an external hard drive? I would like to hang onto the programme for another day (or a new computer). As a matter of interest the programme is Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.

Copying 'programs' is a bit awkward.... there are complications to removing it and re-installing it unless the program came with a disk or utility already.

Extra space can be achieved by removing photos, (copying to a disk or external drive) for example, stuff normally found under 'Users/Username' Personal music is another possibility. Also try a disk cleanup (Computer, Right-click on C Drive, Properties, Disc Cleanup ....)

Edited by jacko

If the software that you have (Photoshop Elements 9) is a legal copy then you are permitted to seek out and obtain a copy. Lots of places like Piratebay and the like supply 'torrents' which will allow you to obtain copies of the software so you can re-install it later.

If your copy is not legal then you are not entitled to copy the software and you would be committing a copyright infringement by doing so (along with the millions of other people who do it each day).

The other alternative is to copy the files from the 'Program Files' directory and any other directory used solely by 'Elements' onto a separate drive, You must however be cautious to NOT change any registry entries or run any registry cleanup / general cleanup software(anti-virus is OK) or it will not function when you put it back. You cannot use this method to transfer the software to another machine, only to store it elsewhere to free up space.

Cheers :gulp: Admiral Ken

PS This advice is to aid you in your situation NOT to recommend or condone the use of pirated software. Having said that I'm not sure about recent IP legislation in the 'land of the long white cloud'. You could also ask whoever installed it for a copy of the software

Edited by 2 slices short

Mac or PC?

What Operating System?

You can't copy it anywhere, and use it. Once that program is installed, that's it. The only way to put it elsewhere or use it another day, is to get the original and install it all over again.

If you are going to take Elements 9 off your machine, then that copy of it is gone forever. You're better off just simply un-installing it completely and reclaiming ALL the disk space and living without it. The bottom line is that you cannot do what you want to do, it's not possible.

All that said. First, if you are going to take this program off "for a while" then you don't NEED this program, right? So dump it and don't look back. Look to getting a really small alternative - there are loads of them around. Try Irfanview, free, small and pretty good. Or just use Picasa.

Then. Elements 9 doesn't use that much disk space, as programs go these days - about 3 gigabytes. If you are down to the point where you really, Really, REALLY need 3GB of disk space, then you're in pretty bad space problems anyhow, and you need to look at a different solution - a new hard drive, an external hard drive to store all your data, a new computer something along that line. In today's Internet world with different browsers and streaming video and all - 3GB is chump change - hardly get you through a light day of work. I wouldn't dream of having less than 150GB free space when I go to work in the morning. But if you have less than 10GB, and you're on the Internet, you're gasping for air, computer-wise.

OK Ok guys. You have convinced me that I really dont need this programme. I appreciate all the feed back and help. As a matter of interest I was using Picasa on my PC and then I started getting the blue screen of death every time I used it and in the end had to un-install it. No more issues and I now use a programme called FastStone which I quite like. I will however contact the original owner of the laptop to see if he can supply me with a copy of the programme.

Once again, thanks.

JMO, that FastStone is an excellent choice for light photo work - as is Irfanview and several others. But really, you need to do something about your space problem or you are going to be doing something like this every few days.

One solution: Get an account "in the cloud" and move all your sometimes-used data like movies and photos there. They are off your disk, but you can get to them when needed on the Internet. There are lots of services that will give you between two and 10 gigs for free for this purpose. Google is your friend in finding them.

Of course, also consider: Do I really *need* this movie?

OK Ok guys. You have convinced me that I really dont need this programme. I appreciate all the feed back and help. As a matter of interest I was using Picasa on my PC and then I started getting the blue screen of death every time I used it and in the end had to un-install it. No more issues and I now use a programme called FastStone which I quite like. I will however contact the original owner of the laptop to see if he can supply me with a copy of the programme.

I have had different experiences to the above posters when copying programs.

Recently our daughter wanted Photoshop 3 for some school work, I nipped round to a mates laptop went to program files right clicked the Photoshop 3 program, selected send to (this just copies the files), chose my pen drive, let it send, then came home explored the files that had been copied, found the .exe install file and bob's your uncle. Fully working copy of Photoshop 3 on our computer in no time at all. I presume I could just have easily selected the CD drive and made a copy for future use.

Anyway, just thought I would let you know my experience, I am certainly no whizz when it comes to computers that's for sure.

Regards

Normally you install a program and get rid of the install file. Most people would simply delete it *in order to* save disk space.

But yes, if you have an install program, you can install the program.

Why not just use the backup facility in windows? just select the adobe photo elements program alone.

Secondly if you are here in Thailand just buy another copy from TUK COM....

Why not just use the backup facility in windows? just select the adobe photo elements program alone.

Because the backup facility only copies it and renders it useless as above posts point out.

Secondly if you are here in Thailand just buy another copy from TUK COM....

He wants the program off his disk to save space.