Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hello all thanks for coming to the bar crawl monday night and checking out our newest bar.. The 3rd of next month will be 2 motnths that we have been open now and we are getting better every day!

We are still not at the level of the bangkok club due to us being so new and still training the girls, but we have some really fun and hot girls inside especailly since we are a new bar..

We have started the shows every 20 min starting at 10:00 all beer and mixed drinks are 125 baht..

Were following the same formula that has made Spankys Bangkok such a success.. Hot girls lots of fun and smiles and a bar you can relax, have some fun, and never get pushed to buy lady drinks by the girls!

I hope to see you and Spankys soi Diamond and please leave any comments, it helps me to make this bar the best it can be!

All the best, Marc

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I normally don't frequent Go Go bars because of the loud and usually obnoxious loud noise they call music. Any of that rap shit will see me quickly headed for the front door. As far as the other bars,

You may as well try this in the Agogos as well.   A girl will sit with you for quite a while waiting for you to buy her a drink. This seems acceptable to the greedy Mamasans but as soon as you buy t

Why so many people trying to describe Pattaya agogos situation far worse that it really is ? I don't have exact statistics but they is still a big number of agogos with price on their walls or mirr

Posted Images

I have to agree with steamer. The day i have to pay 125 baht for a beer is the same day that I stop drinking beer. I paid 140 baht for a beer at Midnight in Soi Cowboy Bangkok (one beer) and gave my beautiful little companion a hundred baht tip rather than a 215 baht lady drink. I have NOT been back. Tourists may pay stupid prices but expats will not, at least not this expat.

Edited by Gary

125 baht is on the high end of "normal" for walking street now. 120 is the norm for the majority of the gogos... If I remember right it was 140... same as bkk... but after some feedback he dropped the price.

If he has a good lineup, its worth it IMHO.

125 baht is on the high end of "normal" for walking street now. 120 is the norm for the majority of the gogos... If I remember right it was 140... same as bkk... but after some feedback he dropped the price.

If he has a good lineup, its worth it IMHO.

To their credit, the management of Spanky's took some local advice and dropped their ladydrink prices to Pattaya levels, rather than keeping them at Bangkok prices. Yes, they are still in the high average range, but at least it's not so high that it's a red flag and a "one-visit gogo".

I have to agree with steamer. The day i have to pay 125 baht for a beer is the same day that I stop drinking beer. I paid 140 baht for a beer at Midnight in Soi Cowboy Bangkok (one beer) and gave my beautiful little companion a hundred baht tip rather than a 215 baht lady drink. I have NOT been back. Tourists may pay stupid prices but expats will not, at least not this expat.

Was in Patts is Sept and was on a bit of a tight budget.

I went to all the new gogo's and the first thing I did was ask for a price list wherever I went. Many of them had small drafts @ fair prices so that's what I ordered even tho it's not my drink of choice. This last trip was my cheapest yet(

In defense of the bar owners and the high drink and lady drink prices-----everyone seems to agree getting decent talent to work in a bar in this age of social networking, smart phones, and internet access is getting more difficult by the day. My guesstimate is the salaries for top talent have more than doubled in the last 10 years. The cost of utilities has gone up nearly 40%, product by 30% and hey, not to often the landlords are reducing rents at end of terms....so really guys what do you expect? Do you really think bar owners are going to go through all the hassles to lose money or decrease their margins by 80% or more.

If you are an expat and think we are still living in 2002 versus 2012 and all things including drink prices should remain the same, well than that is your choice. But before you complain about lack of good talent etc...wake up and smell the coffee. Or maybe just sharpen up your math and business acumen skills.

Stargazer, if any bar were giving the staff more than the industry standard 50 baht commission on ladydrinks, I'd agree with you that it would help to secure better talent. I've no information that indicates the higher LD prices do more than increase the bar's margins and nothing to do with rewarding staff more ( at the customer's expense).

Stargazer, if any bar were giving the staff more than the industry standard 50 baht commission on ladydrinks, I'd agree with you that it would help to secure better talent. I've no information that indicates the higher LD prices do more than increase the bar's margins and nothing to do with rewarding staff more ( at the customer's expense).

MM...yes the margins on the higher priced lady drinks would be higher for the bar if the commish remains at 50 bht....but than again that girl getting the 50 baht commission girl is getting a salary in some cases more than double what it was a few years back, so yes indeed the GBO's are spending a share of the margins on the girls, albeit not in a direct commish payout.

10 years ago bars didn't need the investment in fit out, ffe, to compete in today's market. The fixed operating costs were nothing like they are today.That is the ultimate double edge sword in free market capitalism....competition breeds the necessity of putting out a better product, the better product usually costs more to put out, and ultimately the consumer foots the bill. But in the macro sense, that is what the consumer wanted,...a better product.

Seems like a lot of the Thailand version expats seem to think that a better product should cost the same as the old crappier product. And compounding alot of the problem is many bar owners are taking a very short sighted approach and getting into price wars, cannibalizing there own business and the industry as a whole. A real catch -22.

Fact is, if you step back and take a look, and bear in mind I am not talking about flash in the pans, but solid industry business that have real legs and longevity, pay there staff more (assuming they get better performance), spend more on fit out, and yes have higher prices to the end user. For sure this case can be made in Nana,...the busiest go gos have the best looking girls, the most capital invested in the start up, continued reinvestment in plant and equipment, and.....HIGHER DRINK PRICES.

Maybe think of it this way....who do you think has a higher avg occupancy in Pattaya? The 20 room guest house, or the 4 to 5 star hotel? They both serve the same bottle of Heineken, but at the guest house you are going to pay 25% less minimum than you would say at the Hard Rock, or the Marriott? I would venture to say CITY WIDE, the 4-5 star hotels who charge upwards of 800% more for a room than the guest houses, never mind the bottle of Heineken have a higher annual occupancy.

The sex industry on your side of Sukhumvit in Pattaya did not come into existence to service an EX PAT to start with. But it seems as times go by more and more owners are letting the very loud minority (expats) dictate the terms of their existence via margin cannibalization, and like I said earlier, those that are, are doing nothing more than cannibalizing their own business.

BTW...my initial post was not meant to be specific to lady drink prices, just prices in general. Of course they are going up and will continue to do so for the successful places who can afford to attract the top talent through higher salaries and better working conditions. But those places are becoming fewer and farther between. Seems some owners are jacking prices, paying higher salaries, but accepting munters , pole huggers, and starfish with zero personality. And yes, to those places...I agree with the general ex pat consensus...a rip off!

Edited by STARGAZER

Stargazer, if any bar were giving the staff more than the industry standard 50 baht commission on ladydrinks, I'd agree with you that it would help to secure better talent.

Ummm... maybe better talents, yes, but we already find ladies who "specialize" in LD and are not interested in being BFed. A higher commission would lead more girls to act like that and it's often not really what we want... :rolleyes:

I can understand the manager increasing LD in an always full place (rare) but for other places I am unsure: lower LD means more LD, customers staying longer and buying more drinks... :huh:

• Upvote 1

Ummm... maybe better talents, yes, but we already find ladies who "specialize" in LD and are not interested in being BFed. A higher commission would lead more girls to act like that and it's often not really what we want... :rolleyes:

I can understand the manager increasing LD in an always full place (rare) but for other places I am unsure: lower LD means more LD, customers staying longer and buying more drinks... :huh:

No doubt about that. Higher commissions would tend to lead to more aggressive LD pressure. But, it would also tend to increase the desirability of the venue as a workplace, so the owner would have a larger pool of better looking girls to choose from.

Whether they would then be inclined to go with customers would be another issue altogether.

But, we were talking (STARGAZER and my reply) about getting better talent in the bars...that's usually based on looks for the most part...at least for the establishments that rely heavily on tourist visitors.

Drink commissions are just one of the job benefits that can attract good talent. High salaries (as advertised, not necessarily as delivered) are another.

I've yet to encounter a gogo that pays out more than 50b per LD in commission, but then I haven't done in depth universal research. If anyone knows of such a place, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

At FLB, for example (and Cherry Bar that I know of), we have multiple commission rates depending on the drink. The girls know which drinks have the highest commissions, and they tend to order those. Those drinks with the highest commission also are the lower priced drinks to the customer, or the easiest to prepare, so the customer can buy more drinks, the girl can make more money. They can order an expensive beer or cocktail, but their commission is lower on those drinks, since they cost more to the customer. Credit to Hammer for coming up with the idea.

At FLB // Those drinks with the highest commission also are the lower priced drinks to the customer, or the easiest to prepare, so the customer can buy more drinks, the girl can make more money. ..

Ok MM. Seems a good way. Didn't know about that. I must admit I didn't go to FLB for a loooong time. :unsure:

And to come back to your "about getting better talent in the bar", I would happily accept to pay more in a bar to have plenty of lovely ladies/hostess to look at and/or chat with, even if many of them "don't go". It's not for me a problem as long as it's clearly said before tens of LD... The red/green badge come in mind. ;)

Ok MM. Seems a good way. Didn't know about that. I must admit I didn't go to FLB for a loooong time. :unsure:

And to come back to your "about getting better talent in the bar", I would happily accept to pay more in a bar to have plenty of lovely ladies/hostess to look at and/or chat with, even if many of them "don't go". It's not for me a problem as long as it's clearly said before tens of LD... The red/green badge come in mind. ;)

The two places with the most agency girls that I have been going to lately, Sapphire and Bada Bing, seem to have a badge system that at least tells you which are the high bar fine girls. Whether they go with customers, is another issue altogether. I've not yet been turned down, because I haven't asked once I know their barfine is 1000+!

On the other hand, they can be fun to sit with and buy drinks for. Both venues seem to have the same prices for LDs, whether coyote or regular staff, which is good. Some places are adding a surcharge for buying an agency coyote a drink, and that is something I find unacceptable.

BTW, Bada Bing, last time I bought a LD there has 115b lady drinks, quite reasonable. In fact, I can't think of another gogo on WS that has such inexpensive LDs.

BTW, Bada Bing, last time I bought a LD there has 115b lady drinks, quite reasonable.

In fact, I can't think of another gogo on WS that has such inexpensive LDs.

Really?

Cen be wrong for some but:

The Happy group: 115 baht too; my last bill at Baccara was 180 baht; 65 happy-hours + 115 LD.

Casnovy, NLD1, HotGirls, ToyZ, Beach Club were 110 or 115 too not long ago I think.

Stars, The Sea, Playgirls & Noi's are still 110

Diamonds was less than 100 (95?) at Christmas, Sweetheart's too.

and probably a few others I don't know or remember...

PS: I pay a lot of more LD than I pay drinks for me ;)

Really?

Cen be wrong for some but:

The Happy group: 115 baht too; my last bill at Baccara was 180 baht; 65 happy-hours + 115 LD.

Casnovy, NLD1, HotGirls, ToyZ, Beach Club were 110 or 115 too not long ago I think.

Stars, The Sea, Playgirls & Noi's are still 110

Diamonds was less than 100 (95?) at Christmas, Sweetheart's too.

and probably a few others I don't know or remember...

PS: I pay a lot of more LD than I pay drinks for me ;)

So do I!

Re those other places pricing...I'm not generally looking carefully at the prices, though I know when I've been gut punched on LD costs, but I am pretty sure the Sea is 120 for LDs. Most of my bins are just multiples of 120b...easy to figure.

As for Happy group, I thought they'd moved to 120 or 125 LD pricing...need to look again. Also, these prices change sometimes too...as the bar seeks its balance between cost and volume of sales.

Still, 115 is a low average gogo price (as opposed to 125/135 high average). Showcase is now 145, and that's in my red zone, do not buy, range now. I'm not sure about Whats Up, Iron, Airport and Moon, since I tend not to go to them.

I've not had the "pleasure" of Star, Nuis, Playgirl, for years. I should put them on my visit list for at least a drink.

Sorry, Spankys, for the thread fucking, but since you haven't logged in since making your post, we've gone on to other things :P

The two places with the most agency girls that I have been going to lately, Sapphire and Bada Bing, seem to have a badge system that at least tells you which are the high bar fine girls. Whether they go with customers, is another issue altogether. I've not yet been turned down, because I haven't asked once I know their barfine is 1000+!

On the other hand, they can be fun to sit with and buy drinks for. Both venues seem to have the same prices for LDs, whether coyote or regular staff, which is good. Some places are adding a surcharge for buying an agency coyote a drink, and that is something I find unacceptable.

BTW, Bada Bing, last time I bought a LD there has 115b lady drinks, quite reasonable. In fact, I can't think of another gogo on WS that has such inexpensive LDs.

Got caught out by that trick in DollsHouse buying the only decent girl in the place - while I was there - a drink.

170B for a Coyotee LD!

Got caught out by that trick in DollsHouse buying the only decent girl in the place - while I was there - a drink.

170B for a Coyotee LD!

Don't complain too much, or they will do away with the 'cheaper' regular LDs!

Sorry for the delay in response I have to say I go on many sites and this one rocks! I just recently joined as you can see and when I logged on this morning I was happy to see alll the response to the thread pretty cool as it really helps me to see what people are thinking and helps me to improve!

What I can say about Pattaya is the girls salarys are much much more then Bangkok the costs of running things, paying girls, and all that running a bar intails has gone up just like the price of a loaf of bread in 7-11 things are not as cheap as they used to be!

I am in agreement when you go some place like soi cowboy and a drink is 180 baht or 210 baht for some of these coyotes I think is just a rip off, I dont want to ever be a rip off place....... A lady drink in Spankys is 135 baht the girl gets 50 baht which means after the cost of beer the bar is making about 53 baht if you just add in electic at 30000 baht a month I have to sell 20 beers just to break even on the day with only electric........ forget salarys, water, rent, key money and everything else involved.. Did you know in Thailand you even have to pay building insurance for the building you dont even own! On top of all this there is ++++ for things I wont mention but you can only guess... Guys I am doing my best to make this a fun bar where you can relax look at some pretty girls and not get pushed to buy lady drinks as I hate nothing more then going in a bar and getting attacked for lady drinks! Buy me a drink! Buy my friend a drink buy mamasun a drink blah blah blah nothing makes me leave faster!

I dont want to be high priced at all I feel its fair... We are working really hard every day to get more hotties inside make it a fun bar and a destination! Greed is my least favorite sin! Lust being my favorite! :-) Thanks for the comments and I welcome them all good or bad because it helps to make this bar the best it can be... I dont even pretend to think I can think of everything! Thanks again and I hope to see you at Spankys soi diamond! Oh tonight we have a rock and roll band playing upstairs just to try something different so if you about tonight stop by ! All the best, Marc

post-28168-0-69351800-1328326303.gif

I normally don't frequent Go Go bars because of the loud and usually obnoxious loud noise they call music. Any of that rap shit will see me quickly headed for the front door. As far as the other bars, I will likely buy several lady drinks at 100 baht each but not a single lady drink at 140 baht each. Beer bars that charge more than 100 baht for a small glass of Coke they call a lady drink are as far as I am concerned a rip off. If I happen to like a girl at a rip off bar, I will slip a 100 baht note in her skivvies and cut the bar's lady drinks totally out of the picture.

• Upvote 2

I normally don't frequent Go Go bars because of the loud and usually obnoxious loud noise they call music. Any of that rap shit will see me quickly headed for the front door. As far as the other bars, I will likely buy several lady drinks at 100 baht each but not a single lady drink at 140 baht each...

So you mean that you will probably never pay LD, right?, because places with LD at 100 baht max will be very hard to find nowadays...

And I don't talk only of agogos. Many bars have LD a lot higher than most agogos. 140 or 160 LD is now frequent in a beer bar :(

About noise you are wrong too. Not all agogos have loud music. In many places its at good level so you have no problem to chat with ladies. If you want loud music go to discos, or try Soi 7 with its the-louder-bar-win competition and cacophony!

So you mean that you will probably never pay LD, right?, because places with LD at 100 baht max will be very hard to find nowadays...

And I don't talk only of agogos. Many bars have LD a lot higher than most agogos. 140 or 160 LD is now frequent in a beer bar :(

About noise you are wrong too. Not all agogos have loud music. In many places its at good level so you have no problem to chat with ladies. If you want loud music go to discos, or try Soi 7 with its the-louder-bar-win competition and cacophony!

Yes, it's entirely possible that I will never buy another lady drink. Keep in mind that in my opinion air conditioned bars are in a different league from hole in the wall beer bars. There is also a considerable distance between 100 baht and 140 baht. I can't remember a single Go Go bar that kept their music at a reasonable level. You are correct that some beer bars do their best to drown out the next beer bar. I don't frequent those places either. If I'm not mistaken the FLB uses a decibel meter to monitor sound levels even when they have a band. That may not be appreciated by all the customers, but I appreciate it and I'm not the type of drinking customer who nurses a bottle of beer for an hour.

ADDED - I also hate bars who serve warm beer. I don't use a glass and I appreciate having my beer bottle in a foam cooler. I probably drink faster than most because I DON"T like warm beer.

Edited by Gary

I can't remember a single Go Go bar that kept their music at a reasonable level.

I can't think of one either.....

I carry earplugs...... every now and again the record monkey feels he is being ignored and ups the volume. I also get annoyed when they mix 2 records together as they take too long to fade one out and another track in. Rap and some other shit mixed together. But let us face it Gary...a place that played the music we like at a volume we appreciate is likely to be empty! Seems like the busier places are poorer at keeping the brews cold too.