Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Some of my favorite watering holes have no music at all. But you're right, most of the customers are us old farts. The younger crowd appreciates noise that quivers your gizzard. I usually go to a bar to talk, especially with pretty ladies. If all I wanted to do is drink, I could sit on the steps of a 7-11. I very seldom drink at home but make up for it when I have someone to bullshit with.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I normally don't frequent Go Go bars because of the loud and usually obnoxious loud noise they call music. Any of that rap shit will see me quickly headed for the front door. As far as the other bars,

You may as well try this in the Agogos as well.   A girl will sit with you for quite a while waiting for you to buy her a drink. This seems acceptable to the greedy Mamasans but as soon as you buy t

Why so many people trying to describe Pattaya agogos situation far worse that it really is ? I don't have exact statistics but they is still a big number of agogos with price on their walls or mirr

Posted Images

Last night i went to Spanky's (Bangkok) for the first time....what can i say i had an amazing time!!! THe girls were super hot and the music just the way i like it!!!

I know the owner usually reads this site and just want to say a big THANK YOU and job well done!! Heading back again tonight to indulge in all the lovelies.........

I will slip a 100 baht note in her skivvies and cut the bar's lady drinks totally out of the picture.

You may as well try this in the Agogos as well.

A girl will sit with you for quite a while waiting for you to buy her a drink. This seems acceptable to the greedy Mamasans but as soon as you buy them a drink, they fuck off to go dance.

I will admit that I haven't bought one Ladydrink in any Agogo the past month that I have been here. I have slipped many girls a 100 note and they've been more than happy with that.

Every girl I asked, which you want? I give you tip or I buy you LD? They say give me tip. Not one has asked me how much tip you give me? They are happy when they see it's a 100 note and give me a Wai.

Going into an Agogo nowadays is like stumbling through a minefield. I have no idea what I am expected to pay for anything.

Remember the good old days when you could look at the mirror on the wall and it would clearly state barfine 500, Ladydrink 100.

Can you imagine them trying to do that nowadays with all the different prices? You wouldn't be able to see yourself in the mirror!

BTW I went to Spankys once and enjoyed it but I was wasted so don't know what I paid for anything. Will have to go back again but I will only be window shopping because I wont pay more than 600 barfine for an Agogo girl.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Remember the good old days when you could look at the mirror on the wall and it would clearly state barfine 500, Ladydrink 100.

Can you imagine them trying to do that nowadays with all the different prices? You wouldn't be able to see yourself in the mirror!

Why so many people trying to describe Pattaya agogos situation far worse that it really is ? :huh:

I don't have exact statistics but they is still a big number of agogos with price on their walls or mirrors, :nod

And multiple prices is not the rule: Good agogos like Happy, Baccara,... have one unique price for BF and LD. B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well Spankys was closed for a week and we lost some staff, but we have been building back up the last 3 weeks we have been back open and things are getting better hope you will come by Spankys and say hello and check out some of our new staff.. Scott is in the bar every night now and hopefully he will start posting soon .. We are trying to make this bar the best it can possibly be a place you can relax not get pushed for Lady drinks and have a great time where the girls are smiling! Please let me know any suggestions you have as our customers make it happen.... All the best, Marc

Hi Marc,

Why not try something total out there like

For the remainder of the month make the following prices

LD - 100 Baht (reduce the girls take to 40baht)

BF - 500 Baht

All beers - 100 baht

All soft drinks, OJ etc - 75 baht

All whiskeys - 100 baht except top shelf 130 baht

Happy Hour 8pm - 10pm

Draught beer 59 baht

Thai whisky 59 baht

bottled beer 79 baht

Interesting to see what effect on increased traffic and turnover the bar will have

cheers

Rodney

• Upvote 1

Hi there Marc. I did look in but the times that I have the place has been a bit quiet. I also have an issue with the fact that the place has no draft beer as its what I prefer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why so many people trying to describe Pattaya agogos situation far worse that it really is ? :huh:

I don't have exact statistics but they is still a big number of agogos with price on their walls or mirrors, :nod

And multiple prices is not the rule: Good agogos like Happy, Baccara,... have one unique price for BF and LD. B)

Not all agogos have the prices clearly displayed because they don't want to advertise the high prices for fear of customers walking out before they even buy a drink.

Haven't seen any mirrors with 1500 Barfine written on them.

Have you?

• Upvote 1

Hey guys,

Actually I personally prefer rock to gogo music, but until you've seen those girls trip over their own feet trying to dance to a Led Zeppelein tune you can't fully appreciate the need to keep a simple boom boom boom dance song going in the bar :) I do try to keep the decibals down a bit so people can talk without yelling, but you need to keep the energy up too. Also, no hip hop in Spankys, that stuff drives me crazy too ;) Come on in soon and let me buy you a drink, and Gary, if you come find me I'll personally make sure your beer is one degree away from icing over!

Cheers!

Scott

Interesting thread.

About 9 years ago I worked for 2 years as a business development consultant. We did many types of consultancies,, many in retail situations.

One thing I can say is there is no "golden formula"

Another dominant theme is the difference between being the owner of a biz and being a customer.

You will hear from customers things like- I wish they would sell things cheaper, they should do this, that. If I owned this place I would do >>>>>>>>, they are so bzy here they must be making a fortune, I dont go there its too expensive, I dont go there I dont like the owner/staff/service.

The recurring theme from owners goes something like this- I can't make any money if I do that, I'm not making any money, my costs are too high i need to cut costs, I have this to pay that to pay, my staff are crap.I cant find decent staff, the customers are tightarses they wont pay for quality,Im not making any money, I cant afford to do that, thats the way WE do it, we have been doing it that way for years, thats the way the boss wants it,and did I mentiom- we are not making any money?

We would always ask this ? early on- who are your customers? Why are they your customers? What are you doing about getting new customers? Various answers ensued. If the business was not doing well { thats why they engaged us} we would then ask- do you think these customers are worth having? If you had a choice would you pursue this style of customer?

At this point most clients would slump into the chair, some would start to cry as the realizeation that running the business was not about how much the costs of running the business are BUT about how much the customers are spending,at what margin and how many of them there are.

Its incredible , yet understandable how many owners have forgotten about customers because they are obsessing about costs.

One of our more successful methods was to classify customers.Estimate their ANNUAL spend, the margin and the number to give a result.

I'll give a pattayaised example

group A- expats

group B- mongers

group c- non sex tourists

group d- 2 week millionaires

group e-race based or interest based { ie brits/aussies/russions Or darts/soccer/ sports whatever.

then estimate how much each would spend based on usage .

estimate the margin

get a result

multiple that by a "success probability- that is 100% is virtually certain, 50% not that likely

after you get a result take away your likely costs.Get an answer.

This is not a concrete formula but merely a way to make an owner focus on what he is doing.

This helps a business clarify which group of customers to pursue.You have to be realistic.If you are surrounded by russian occuped hotels, russian themed restaurants etc its not a good idea to pursue americans.

Likewise you may chose Indians as your target customer because there are lots of them- however their spend would be far too low per seat.

One other factor stood out- many many businesses concentrated on cutting prices but did not have the logistics to cope with increased business, Ie not enough seats/stock. checkouts. There is no doubt cutting prices makes the volume of customers rise but this often results in the business going out the back door as staff costs rise disprportionatly due to little economy of scale advantages. Bigger businesses gain more from this strategy generally.

At the other end of the scale were business that charged high but delivered low.These businesses did not survive.

Of course once you select your target customers you need to ask_ what does this customer like/want.

eg- its fairly clear that expats are more price sensitive to drink prices, would suggest 2 week millionaires , less so. So if you want to ignore expats but want the big spenders ,I would suggest that cutting prices should not form part of your strategy.

This method from MM is a brilliant stategy

At FLB, for example (and Cherry Bar that I know of), we have multiple commission rates depending on the drink. The girls know which drinks have the highest commissions, and they tend to order those. Those drinks with the highest commission also are the lower priced drinks to the customer, or the easiest to prepare, so the customer can buy more drinks, the girl can make more money. They can order an expensive beer or cocktail, but their commission is lower on those drinks, since they cost more to the customer. Credit to Hammer for coming up with the idea.

Its a great example of a business owner dissecting his business and structuring it accordingly.

• Upvote 1

Very interesting observations Zaris and thanks for the insight. I'd love it if you dropped into the bar sometime and shared more of that business consulting knowledge (I'll buy the pints :-)). We've certainly had our share of ups and downs already in the few months we've been open at Spankys, but things are looking up and tomorrow we finally get to turn on the outside lights again as we've had to have them off for the last 30 days. We're going to have a little party and even a bit of food, so all of you out there reading this, please stop by have a bite and find me and I'll buy you a pint too!

Cheers,

Scott

Sorry of someone has already posted, on I phone and struggling to read through.

Attentive, good attitude, polite staff and on an on is what attracts customers. Not the 4 Million refit, not the Bangkok models, not the ice blue solid cut marble bar but plain old customer service with a smile.

Even in these hard times there are plain old beer bars with a few 5 out of 10 bar girls pulling close to what some of the quieter walking street bars are!

Don't get me wrong I like a nicely decorated bar/go go but at the end of the day it's atmosphere that sells beer and lady's.

Paul

• Upvote 1

Hey Paul,

That's exactly what me and Marc are trying our best to do at Spankys. Hope you come in and let me buy you a beer and tell me what you think. We're giving it everything we have to make this one of the best bars in Pattaya and your opinion is important to us as it's our customers that will make or break the bar. Yeah, I think the bar looks pretty good, but it's the attitude of the dancers and the quality of the service staff that I focus on every night in the bar. Come in and let me know how you think I'm doing.

Cheers,

Scott

Hey Paul,

That's exactly what me and Marc are trying our best to do at Spankys. Hope you come in and let me buy you a beer and tell me what you think. We're giving it everything we have to make this one of the best bars in Pattaya and your opinion is important to us as it's our customers that will make or break the bar. Yeah, I think the bar looks pretty good, but it's the attitude of the dancers and the quality of the service staff that I focus on every night in the bar. Come in and let me know how you think I'm doing.

Cheers,

Scott

Will do some time...

Cheers

Paul

Hi Marc,

Why not try something total out there like

For the remainder of the month make the following prices

LD - 100 Baht (reduce the girls take to 40baht)

BF - 500 Baht

All beers - 100 baht

All soft drinks, OJ etc - 75 baht

All whiskeys - 100 baht except top shelf 130 baht

Happy Hour 8pm - 10pm

Draught beer 59 baht

Thai whisky 59 baht

bottled beer 79 baht

Interesting to see what effect on increased traffic and turnover the bar will have

cheers

Rodney

Marc... it seems you missed this sober post....

Hey Gabor,

Well how bout this? We have 65 baht beer now (Chan or Leo) so come on down and have a cold one. Better yet ask for me and I'll give you a drink of your choice on the house. Also we are having a little party tonight, we'll have a little food around 8:30 and a great time all night long. We really appreciate the feedback and hope to see everyone down at Spankys tonight!

Cheers,

Scott

Hey Gabor,

Well how bout this? We have 65 baht beer now (Chan or Leo) so come on down and have a cold one. Better yet ask for me and I'll give you a drink of your choice on the house. Also we are having a little party tonight, we'll have a little food around 8:30 and a great time all night long. We really appreciate the feedback and hope to see everyone down at Spankys tonight!

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your customer friendly reply.... I hate the bottled beers, make me too quick drunk, the draught makes me hold the level of my intoxication at the same level....However I will give an other try... if the girls and the demanded prices ( BF, girls ) are okay I may forget the nice try to get me drunk... :thumbup

Edited by Gabor

Visited Spankys' for the first time last night and met Scott. Very good atmosphere and enthusiastic lady's, all very friendly and they even have shows! Scott is very friendly and is generally on hand for any questions you may have. There were 1 or 2 girls that I would have BF if I had time. Will return soon.

Cheers Scott

PAul

Hey Gabor, well we are going to start cheap draft tonight for 60 baht and keep the permanent price for Leo at 85 baht. How's that for an even better effort to get you drunk? Haha! Paul, thanks for the kind words, it was great meeting you. Already got a few more girls since you dropped in and our hottest girls were already out when you came by, so come back by soon and I'll buy you another one while you check out the crew!

Cheers,

Scott

thanks scott66. I will drop in next time I'm in town.

Would be interesting to hear if your 60 baht draft buyers lift the bottom line.

Best of luck with any experiment your try.

Thanks for your support Zaris, come find me when you drop by. We've also got DJ Anthony from Nikki Beach in tonight to keep the house rocking, so between him and the draft and cheap Leo (85 baht) we should have a really fun night. And as usual anyone reading this who comes by should ask for me and I'll get you a drink on the house.

Cheers,

Scott

We had a really great night last night guys, getting better every day. Thanks again to you guys that dropped by, it was fun meeting you and hope to see you all again real soon. We're getting a few more girls in every day and we're also giving out buy one get one free coupons for mixed drinks as well as the cheap draft and Leo bottles.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Can you repeat since I must have missed the post with the barfine prices and if there was different levels of that ? Also if there are different barfines prices if they are easily identifiable ?

I WILL go in and say hi though :)

I was in Bangkok on Monday and Tuesday evenings and I have to say my favourite gogo in Cowboy and Nana combined was Spanky's. This is despite a group of about 10 guys from (I think) the Netherlands which got into Spanky's on both evenings which included a few annoying prats - in particular one guy who was in the shower cubicle completely stripped off on Monday evening, and stripping off on the main stage until completely starkers on Tuesday evening. Frankly, I can do without these male exhbitionists.

Now the negative. I went to Spanky's Soi Diamond this evening. Just no comparison with Nana. Not enough customers, not enough girls. It's easy to spot the effort going into the place but sad to see it's not really succeeding. Good (value) draught beer though.