Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

What is more expensive in Pattaya

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't understand why dairy products ( cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese.... not the TESCO plastic made fruit flavoured yoghurts ) are so expensive .... maybe the milk brands import only milk powd

Sour cream, cottage cheese, honey, pickles are local products made for farangs... interesting to see the high prices of the russian meals, where the ingredients are really cheap... a funny trick.... t

So... my question still have no answers... I can only guess, maybe because the products are targetted the LDOP farangs... just like the wonton soup ( 25 baht ) vs. the wontons served without the so

Posted Images

I'll give you a hand. Corn Flakes. Wine. Apples. All beef from medium quality up. Rolex watches. Lamborghinis.

Or, to be short: Pretty well anything that's imported.

Electronics, cars, gasoline.

Gasoline... for the U.S. yes, for most other places, no. Thai gasoline today is $1.22 a litre, or $4.62 per U.S. gallon, a lot cheaper than Yurp for example. England today is roughly $2.15 per litre or $8.15 a gallon, in Germany $7.73 per U.S. gallong. Seems to be about $5.60 in Australia per gallon.

Edited by joekicker

Double or more....

Cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, salami, sausages, pickles, honey, deodorants, shower gel, perfume, cosmetics...

Double or more....

Are you talking about imported products?

I think so, because to me local products are still cheap or rather cheap here.

And about previous posts:

- Gasoline is way cheaper than in Europe

- Electronics is slightly less expensive because of lower tax

- Hospital is way cheaper, even BPH

- BBQs ? Which ones ? charcoal fire or bbq cost nearly nothing.

- Russian women ? not sure if available in my country... Can't compare

Imported products and mainly imported food are logically more expensive,

but do you really need them here? no.

Are you talking about imported products?

I think so, because to me local products are still cheap or rather cheap here.

And about previous posts:

- Gasoline is way cheaper than in Europe

- Electronics is slightly less expensive because of lower tax

- Hospital is way cheaper, even BPH

- BBQs ? Which ones ? charcoal fire or bbq cost nearly nothing.

- Russian women ? not sure if available in my country... Can't compare

Imported products and mainly imported food are logically more expensive,

but do you really need them here? no.

Sour cream, cottage cheese, honey, pickles are local products made for farangs... interesting to see the high prices of the russian meals, where the ingredients are really cheap... a funny trick.... there is the wonton soup you can buy for 25 baht.... they take out the dumplings, put a few drop of sour cream on it and sell it as the russian meal "pelmeni" for 130 baht...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't know for Russian food. Don't even know where you find it; not in the street I think,

and food in a restaurant is always more expensive that street-food.

About honey, in France its about 6 €/kg (240 baht) if you buy at the farm and over 10 € (400 baht) in supermarket.

At Pattaya you buy a big bottle (~ 1 liter? ~1 kg?) for 120 baht at the market. Again cheaper here for me.

Don't know for Russian food. Don't even know where you find it; not in the street I think,

and food in a restaurant is always more expensive that street-food.

About honey, in France its about 6 €/kg (240 baht) if you buy at the farm and over 10 € (400 baht) in supermarket.

At Pattaya you buy a big bottle (~ 1 liter? ~1 kg?) for 120 baht at the market. Again cheaper here for me.

Wonton:

img_7282.jpg

Pelmeni:

5493484048_bc6fcd28e1.jpg

The difference is the drop sour cream.... BTW both prices are from the Festival Center restaurant complex....

The market honey is actually not real honey, nothing to do with it... ( as the thais explained me cooked sugar with some sugar canes ) The cheapest real (?) honey

1_20110511144812.jpg

costs 360gr 120 baht.... it means cca 350 baht / kilo... in Hungary the various honeys costs 120-180 baht / kilo...

Double or more....

Cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, salami, sausages, pickles, honey, deodorants, shower gel, perfume, cosmetics...

I haven't found deodorants and other similar imported products like toothpaste and hair colouring etc. to be more expensive in the LoS for identical goods.

Watching US tv during the NFL season, I noticed ads for Burger King and other fast food outfits.

It seems fast food in US style outlets is a lot more expensive in Thailand...by a factor of 2 or 3.

Starbucks is more expensive in Thailand than the USA too.

I don't patronize these places often...why would anyone?

Watching US tv during the NFL season, I noticed ads for Burger King and other fast food outfits.

It seems fast food in US style outlets is a lot more expensive in Thailand...by a factor of 2 or 3.

McDonald's is cheaper. Dunno about Starbucks.

mcdonald_01.jpg

Edited by steamer

I haven't found deodorants and other similar imported products like toothpaste and hair colouring etc. to be more expensive in the LoS for identical goods.

A NIVEA deodorant here 150-160 baht, in Hungary 60-80 baht.. My recent perfume ( BlackXS - Paco Rabanne ) costs me 8-1100 baht at home, here 3-4000 baht... ( I mean the original )

I was shocked to see the 250-350 baht double whooper menu in the Burger King... it is about 150 baht at home...

McDonald's is cheaper. Dunno about Starbucks.

mcdonald_01.jpg

From what I gather, the McChicken is on the "dollar menu" at McD's. The McChicken "set" (fries, coke) is $2.55 USD.

Anyone from the USA (or Canada) able to provide a price for a McChicken with fries and soda?

From what I gather, the McChicken is on the "dollar menu" at McD's. The McChicken "set" (fries, coke) is $2.55 USD.

Anyone from the USA (or Canada) able to provide a price for a McChicken with fries and soda?

Funny, eating a Big Mac in Thailand got me back to visit Raunchy Ronnie's a couple of times. Once was in Chicago where a Big Mac set was about $6.50 (195 baht) and in Toronto it was about $7.50 (225 baht) all in. If memory serves it is 119 baht in the LoS.

Sorry, no up to date McChicken prices.