Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

What is more expensive in Pattaya

I built my own desktop, high end and cost me about £200.

On this point Baht you clearly have a biased definition of "high end PC".

For me today a "high end PC" should use at least a processor Intel core i7

and this processor alone cost more than 200 £... :unsure:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't understand why dairy products ( cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese.... not the TESCO plastic made fruit flavoured yoghurts ) are so expensive .... maybe the milk brands import only milk powd

Sour cream, cottage cheese, honey, pickles are local products made for farangs... interesting to see the high prices of the russian meals, where the ingredients are really cheap... a funny trick.... t

So... my question still have no answers... I can only guess, maybe because the products are targetted the LDOP farangs... just like the wonton soup ( 25 baht ) vs. the wontons served without the so

Posted Images

Yeah you claimed to have built a high end PC for "about" 200 quid, what assumption do you think I and other's would make from your claims ?

Working on your theory I also built a high end machine, it only cost me 1200 baht (needed to buy some fittings for the GPU radiator), the rest was left overs from other builds.

seems at 200 quid you got stooged........Dumbass.

You are not a very friendly person. All your posts seem to be sneering and insulting. No wonder you got bottled in LK Metro.

Edited by Baht
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On this point Baht you clearly have a biased definition of "high end PC".

For me today a "high end PC" should use at least a processor Intel core i7

and this processor alone cost more than 200 £... :unsure:

I would have found it difficult to wedge an Intel i7 into my AMD mother board

I would have found it difficult to wedge an Intel i7 into my AMD mother board

Nah, you could do it. It wouldn't work but you could force it in. 200 for a high end machine does seem a bit, shall we say, low. Did you salvage some parts from another machine? I'd be interested in hearing what you wound putting in the box and how it ran when you finally hit the on button.

Nah, you could do it. It wouldn't work but you could force it in. 200 for a high end machine does seem a bit, shall we say, low. Did you salvage some parts from another machine? I'd be interested in hearing what you wound putting in the box and how it ran when you finally hit the on button.

I got given some parts,I got some parts very very cheap from a family member in the business and I had a few bits and pieces lying around.

geez some of you guys have it good it seems.

so many things in thailand cheaper than here in australia.

here we are highly taxed, low levels of competition, many levels of govt fees and charges. We have the most expensive groceries in the world it seems.

In thailand all toiletries are cheaper, many significantly- toothpaste, deod, shampoo,listerine, tootbrushes etc all cheaper.

Shop bought alchohol is way cheaper, particualrly spirits.

Shoes way cheaper. Many clothes cheaper even though we import from china.

our petrol is about 50 bt a litre

All kinds of fresh food are much cheaper, of course excepting imported foods.

Many lines of confectionary cheaper by far. "mentos " is about $1.50 a roll here and from memory less than 50cents in thai. Pringles chips far less in thai.

Bottled water can be bought around 10 bt or less a litre in thai, here its a minimum of 30/35 bt for equivalent quality.

Soft drink much cheaper in thai but the quality is much better here for the same brands.

Accomodation { hotel } much cheaper in thai.I just spent a few nights in canberra in a typical 4 star hotel room cost about 4300 bt a night

Milk.....Can you even buy 2% cow's milk by the gallon?

I really doubt that, since they use metric measures in Thailand.

Lots of milk is available though.

I really doubt that, since they use metric measures in Thailand.

Lots of milk is available though.

I can't understand why dairy products ( cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese.... not the TESCO plastic made fruit flavoured yoghurts ) are so expensive .... maybe the milk brands import only milk powder unable to create pickled dairy products ? However... me and many of my mates were thinking, there are no cows in thailand to milking ??? ( still many beef foods )

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

how much is milk anyway?

In Canada (govt regulated boards) cheap milk is about 140 baht for 4 litres (a gallon approx)

expensive milk is easily 50% more and smaller amounts are even marked up at an even higher %.

I can't understand why dairy products ( cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese.... not the TESCO plastic made fruit flavoured yoghurts ) are so expensive .... maybe the milk brands import only milk powder unable to create pickled dairy products ? However... me and many of my mates were thinking, there are no cows in thailand to milking ??? ( still many beef foods )

Of course there are milking cows in Thailand.....

how much is milk anyway?

Around 5 Baht/100 ml. The bigger the container, the cheaper it becomes. I believe that milk and yoghurt are now subject to government price controls anyway.

Around 5 Baht/100 ml. The bigger the container, the cheaper it becomes. I believe that milk and yoghurt are now subject to government price controls anyway.

So less than half of what I pay in Canada.

(price controls in the other direction)

Of course there are milking cows in Thailand.....

So... my question still have no answers... I can only guess, maybe because the products are targetted the LDOP farangs... just like the wonton soup ( 25 baht ) vs. the wontons served without the soup on a plate with a small piece of dill on the top as decoration and called pelmeni ( a russian, similar food ) for 130 baht... and the cretin farangs ( russkies ) swallows the trick...

• Downvote 2

gabor dude, is hungary that cheap??? Where do you live there?

Than i will deffinitely give it a visit in a few months

I don't know where Gabor buys his stuff but when I was in Budapest last time, everything was more expensive than is the US except of course some food items. They also have a habit to put a nice % of tax on everything, I believe their sales tax is 20 %. Don't know about deodorant but brand names like Nike, Adidas, Reebok and the likes are nearly double as in the US. Defo not a cheap place only if you buy counterfeit at the market.

So... my question still have no answers... I can only guess, maybe because the products are targetted the LDOP farangs... just like the wonton soup ( 25 baht ) vs. the wontons served without the soup on a plate with a small piece of dill on the top as decoration and called pelmeni ( a russian, similar food ) for 130 baht... and the cretin farangs ( russkies ) swallows the trick...

Quite possibly...but there seems to be so much milk on every shelf of every supermarket and convenience store that I would never consider it a falang only item. Truly my TGF doesn't use much of it at all... preferring that vile sweetened soy crap.....!

Quite possibly...but there seems to be so much milk on every shelf of every supermarket and convenience store that I would never consider it a falang only item. Truly my TGF doesn't use much of it at all... preferring that vile sweetened soy crap.....!

LOL, My thai missus hates milk but will happily eat a loaf of bread with nothing but butter and carnation milk as a topping.

I had visions of the staff of some 7-11 out in remotest Nakhon Nowhere waiting patiently for months on end for a busload of Russian tourists to stop by and buy up the entire contents of its chilled-foods display-cabinet. :ninja:

Edited by CheshireTom

I don't know where Gabor buys his stuff but when I was in Budapest last time, everything was more expensive than is the US except of course some food items. They also have a habit to put a nice % of tax on everything, I believe their sales tax is 20 %. Don't know about deodorant but brand names like Nike, Adidas, Reebok and the likes are nearly double as in the US. Defo not a cheap place only if you buy counterfeit at the market.

I don't know the USA prices, can compare only with the thai prices.... the mentioned deodorants costs in HU 2-4 USD....and yes, you are right, recently we have a crazy 27% VAT....

I have never been able to locate real whole cow's milk anywhere, yes they do have bottled milk but from what I can tell it's either not the same or made from soy or powder. If you know where it's available i would appreciate the tip.

Milk.....Can you even buy 2% cow's milk by the gallon?

agreed, milk is on the pricey side for someone such as myself. When living alone, I'd buy14 gallons of milk every two weeks. Took up most of the space in the garage refer.

MIlk is now easily obtained for $3.50 a gallon or less in large super markets in California.

There seems to be some kind of price control on it in LOS. From 7-11 to Big C, the price stays the same. Doesn't matter if it's bought in Bangkok. Patts, Chang Mai, or Phuket. Seems to be the same price.

Not sure about the 2% by the gallon here in LOS. I'll look for that although I buy non fat because of the amount I drink.