Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

What is cheaper in Pattaya?

Lunch today at Fuji..140 baht. Cheap or not?

uploadfromtaptalk1328697902461.jpg

Edit in:

That was the pork tonkatsu set. Very nice.

The iced coffee was extra, and they added VAT, so the total was 198 ($6.44 USD). Outrageous :P

Edited by MM
Added edit in postscript
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Traffic tickets and bribes

I didn't realise you were using the McThai website. The Big Mac is on there, 78 baht:     .

"Backwards" is my old normal. Not now. GIYF. Go to google and type, for example 1.5 sterling in baht or 74 baht in sterling   for example.

Posted Images

I don't think they are updating their figures correctly.

A Big Mac Set right now is 128b...over $4 USD.

I can't find pricing for an a la carte Big Mac.Still I can't recall having to spend $4.15 or so for a Big Mac with fries and a drink...

As it is, my overall impression, without delving into the individual menus of the US originated fast food joints, is that they are not generally cheaper.

Maybe they are.

But, it'd take specific menu items from the vendors in Thailand vs USA to convince me.

In the meantime, I'll stick to non-franchised food.

He said Big Mac, you said Big Mac set. In the states right now, add $2.99 for the meal, or set.

You also mentioned car insurance, but also health insurance. I got a years health insurance for less than one month of my COBRA insurance at home. Paying off the cops is a biggie. Pattaya 400 baht for driving with out a license, in my state its $500 and they will tow the car which will cost just as much to have released from impound. Running a red light 400 baht, in my state $235 Thai food is much cheaper. I took jane to a Thai dinner tonight, she ordered two dishes at $9.99 each plus $6 for rice. She has the same meal for under 100 baht in Pattaya. Clothing like T-shirts and cargo shorts are cheaper in Pattaya. Things for the house like dishes, pans, broom and such are much cheaper in Pattaya. A can of soda 1/2 of what I pay at home, yet it's more in a bar or some restraunts. In the states refills are free, so I count that. A hair cut is a deal in Pattaya, as is a massage. Most drugs are cheaper in Pattaya, and if you add in having to see a doctor to get some of them at home, that makes them even more of a deal. Speaking of a doctor, I can see a doctor and get a shot with some antibiotics for 30% less than just the doctors appointment at home, and I don't even need an appointment in Pattaya, just walk right in. Having yard work done, or a house cleaner is way cheaper in Pattaya. Having work done on the motorbile is just outright cheap compaired to $75 an hour plus parts at home. Seeing a movie is about 1/2 the home price. There is no place in America that I can find the same value as Soi 6, not even close.

• Downvote 1

Edit in:

The iced coffee was extra, and they added VAT, so the total was 198 ($6.44 USD). Outrageous :P

You could get the same in Holland for 5 Euro. Here's the menu of a place I frequent because they do good Asian fast food

http://www.friendshouse.nl/menu.html

The prices you see are for dinner servings, the lunch servings are about 50 - 60 % of the price.

You could get the same in Holland for 5 Euro. Here's the menu of a place I frequent because they do good Asian fast food

http://www.friendshouse.nl/menu.html

The prices you see are for dinner servings, the lunch servings are about 50 - 60 % of the price.

It's cheaper than the Japanese places I frequented in California though..

uploadfromtaptalk1328697902461.jpg

Edit in:

A small piece of dip fried meat, some rice and a few leafs...sauce and a miniature piece of the marinated ginger.... you can find it much cheaper in Pattaya....

You can find a Cordon Blue with french fries and salad for 70 baht in the Tops supermarket.... true, a poor and sad environment... Talking about the food, you overpaid... talking about the experience probably not....

Edited by Gabor

A small piece of dip fried meat, some rice and a few leafs...sauce and a miniature piece of the marinated ginger.... you can find it much cheaper in Pattaya....

You can find a Cordon Blue with french fries and salad for 70 baht in the Tops supermarket.... true, a poor and sad environment... Talking about the food, you overpaid... talking about the experience probably not....

It made me understand why the Japanese never look very happy!

A couple of comments due. First,a cordon blue is not Japanese food. I'm sure I could get cheaper food regardless of ethnic origin elsewhere. Not the point at all.

The point is that Japanese food, served in a nicely appointed Japanese restaurant is cheaper in Pattaya than my point of origin...USA west coast.

But if I ever get the urge to eat at Tops :yikes , I'll give your suggestion a go.

To compare with my country it isn't.... 4 night for cca 7000 baht in a 4 star spa hotel incl. the services...

I have been planning to go to your country for a while but i'll wait for it to have more pleasant temperatures. Instead i went to rome and (my luck) they had the coldest weather in this time of the year for 20 years when i arrived lol

Edited by aras

I have been planning to go to your country for a while but i'll wait for it to have more pleasant temperatures. Instead i went to rome and (my luck) they had the coldest weather in this time of the year for 20 years when i arrived lol

The country is nice between may and october.... the rest is terrible...

I don't think they are updating their figures correctly.

A Big Mac Set right now is 128b...over $4 USD.

I think prices must vary at different McDonalds in Pattaya.

I bought a Big Mac set meal the other night for 151 Baht (Second Road near Soi 6).

Hope I'm not fucking up the Big Mac scene paying that price :)

The chicken and cheese snack bun at McD's 29 baht.

Austraiya, $2.90 = about 90 baht.

Bottled water.

Toothpaste.

deodorant.

Dentist.

imodium,

etc

Here's the lunch I had in the USA a little while ago. Spring Rolls: $2.50; Pho: $6.75, all plus tax and tip. I guess that would be about 375 baht. I'm sure in Pattaya it would be much much cheaper.

IMGP1113.png

IMGP1114.png

Supercuts has coupons, $6.95 US for a haircut. Thats as cheap as you can get outside of a barber school.

An English pint (bigger tha a US pint) in my local English bar is $8.

I can hire a handyman (Mexican) for $20 for 2 hours work.

5 miles in a cab is $12.