Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Entending A Tourist Visa

Hi, a question about extending my Multiple entry tourist visa, which I got in UK before coming here. I got the Mutiple entry as I wasn't sure how long I wanted to stay.

I first entered Thailand on the first entry of the 60 day tourist visa in December allowing me to stay until 18th February. I will return to UK on 22nd April.

I really need to be in Pattaya between 15th - 19th February, so would I be right in saying I have the following choices......

1) Do the border run before 15th Feb to give me 60 days and then do another border run about 15th April?

2) Extend my visa by 30 days before 18th Feb at Jomtien then do a border run before 18th March giving me another 60 days ?

3) Do the border run before 15th Feb to give me 60 days and then about 15th April extend by 30 days ?

Obviously I want to keep my border runs and costs to a minimum, I know how much border runs costs, but not sure on Immigration costs.

If possible I would prefer to go for number 2.

Any thoughts you have or alternatives would be appreciated as would details of immigtarion costs for extensions.

Thanks

4) Or do a trip to another country 18th Feb and stay there 4-5 days!

The cost of a visa run is about that of the extension option, option 3 would be my choice.... BUT, beware immigration being closed for Songkran!

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think if you do a border run by land you only get a 2 week visa when you come back into Thailand. If you enter the country by air they give you a 30 day visa on arrival. Better check that out.

• 2 weeks later...

If you enter the country by air they give you a 30 day visa on arrival.

No, they give you a 30 day authorization of stay.

Visa on arrival is something very different for people of a few special countries only.

the OP states he has a multiple-entry tourist visa, so he gets 60 days on entry regardless by land or air.

He must have a double-entry tourist visa; multiple-entry does not exist for tourist visa.

BTW I went to Jomtien Immigration this Thursday morning. More than 1h30 to get a Tourism Visa extension !!! mad.gif It use to take 15-20 mn but today the lady in charge of giving back our passport was only at her post about 2 or 3 minutes every 15 mn, and nobody to replace her dry.gif . There was a pile of maybe 30 passports waiting to be collected when I got mine. sad.gif . Luckily it should be my last Tourist Visa Extension...

He must have a double-entry tourist visa; multiple-entry does not exist for tourist visa.

Strictly speaking yes, but double is not the only 'multiple' option. I had a triple once, you pay for each entry. I agree it is often referred to as a 'double'.