Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

So the England managers job is up again and we've no captain. Great!

I agree with 'Postman Pat' .....sacking Terry without it seems even consulting or informing the manager isn't right. In their understandable rush towards the safety of PC thought the FA has ignored Terry's human rights of being innocent until proven guilty. They also ignored their manager. Far dues to Capello and Terry must have a case with ECHR. My advice to Terry is to grow a long beard and convert to Islam then you can do and say whatever you like in the UK.

As for the current situation....A new manager and a new captain.... depending who they are, might actually help England.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

Wrecking the national teams chances at the Euros , and two men's careers on the word on Anton Ferdinand , who's brother Terry's was chosen ahead of, is obviously wrong. I can't believe the Police getting involved in name calling episodes in sport. There was a guy who was almost in tears against Liverpool. and people said he handled it well. What. Crying like a little girl at getting called names from opposing supporters? Man up FFS. Don't cry at some neanderthals giving you verbal abuse.

And I can't believe they keep calling it a serious offence. imho, rape and murder , robbing old folk, stabbing etc are serious offences. Not name calling.

Having said that, racist name calling is obviously wrong. I'm not sure how they should deal with it. Maybe banning fans from the ground, and players from the next match. Although evidence would be hard to gather.

So it could be Redknapp..........He would be a good choice.

Ironically, on current FA standards, Harry should have been removed from his club managers role at Tottenham while his case for tax evasion was outstanding.

'Guilty until proved innocent'

Edited by atlas2

I washed my hands of the national side after their exit from the last World Cup and can proudly say I haven't watched a single game since then. This is just another in a whole list of farces that involve the FA and the national side, I'd be interested to know what his pay off will be. An absolute joke what they have paid Capello and Eriksson when the money could instead be invested into nurturing younger players that don't get a look in because of the amount of foreigners playing in England, which is the root cause of the problem if you ask me and the reason why we will never be able to compete with the big guns of world football.

I really couldn't give a flying fuck who takes over the mangers job as they haven't got a hope in hells chance of winning the European Championships, I am sick to death of everybody, particularly the press building the national side up before a big tournament with the belief that they can win it, when the reality is they are just not good enough to compete with the best in either European or world football. They will be lucky to qualify out of their group and I certainly won't be watching it, I'm going to save myself the disappointment that you invariably get at every major tournament. Pathetic.

Edited by Siam Sam
  • Upvote 1

I washed my hands of the national side after their exit from the last World Cup and can proudly say I haven't watched a single game since then. This is just another in a whole list of farces that involve the FA and the national side, I'd be interested to know what his pay off will be. An absolute joke what they have paid Capello and Eriksson when the money could instead be invested into nurturing younger players that don't get a look in because of the amount of foreigners playing in England, which is the root cause of the problem if you ask me and the reason why we will never be able to compete with the big guns of world football.

I really couldn't give a flying fuck who takes over the mangers job as they haven't got a hope in hells chance of winning the European Championships, I am sick to death of everybody, particularly the press building the national side up before a big tournament with the belief that they can win it, when the reality is they are just not good enough to compete with the best in either European or world football. They will be lucky to qualify out of their group and I certainly won't be watching it, I'm going to save myself the disappointment that you invariably get at every major tournament. Pathetic.

+1

Your comments are bang on. A situation created by idiots who couldn't manage a 2 car funeral. Now they are going to see who they can sucker into coaching a squad that lacks the talent to go very far. Of course the lunatic amounts of money these amateurs lash around will attract some-one to take over. Maybe they should get Tony Mowbray....he was a standout at Celtic.

+1

Your comments are bang on. A situation created by idiots who couldn't manage a 2 car funeral. Now they are going to see who they can sucker into coaching a squad that lacks the talent to go very far. Of course the lunatic amounts of money these amateurs lash around will attract some-one to take over. Maybe they should get Tony Mowbray....he was a standout at Celtic.

Sad times for football in this country when the FA are convinced that a foreigner is going to inspire and motivate the players in the national side as much as a real English manager could do. We need to get back to basics and make playing for your country more of an honour again. Most of the senior members of the squad are on such obscenely high wages with their club sides they probably don't play for their country with the same enthusiasm and commitment. I don't really blame Capello at all, he's just a victim of all the madness going on at Wembley and he's under such scrutiny from the press that the side is more or less spoon fed by them because he's too scared to deal with the flak that will come when, and if he ever decides to sack one of our "stars." I do however think that being able to speak the same language as the players is a prerequisite for being the manager but maybe I'm just old fashioned. :huh:

Far too many players that play for the national side for years putting in lacklustre performances time and time again, yet they get picked whenever they are fit. I'd hope that whoever they pick to be the manager has a completely different approach to things and gets rid of all the dead wood in the side, I'd rather they played a team of youngsters that had only a few caps between them and see how they got on. We have nothing to lose, we've used the same tactics for years now and it obviously doesn't work so it's time for a change. We need to concentrate on the youth and nurturing are own players because there just doesn't seem to be any real talent coming through these days. We have been awful in tournaments for the last ten years and that just isn't good enough when we reckon that we have such great players. The reality is that on a global level we don't.

Would love to see Redknapp get the job, he's very shrewd and more of a stand up guy than all the other names of potential candidates I have heard but I fear the hypocrites at the FA wouldn't give him the job due to all the headlines over the years about tapping up players, bungs and financial irregularities. The national side will have to go a long way before they get my interest again, that's for sure. :soapbox:

Edited by Siam Sam

Sad times for football in this country when the FA are convinced that a foreigner is going to inspire and motivate the players in the national side as much as a real English manager could do.

You mean like Steve McLaren did ? :llaugh

You mean like Steve McLaren did ? :llaugh

Yes but there's English managers and then there's English managers, everyone knew he wasn't the right man for the job. So you're telling me that Capello was a success and we need another foreign manager again?

Yes but there's English managers and then there's English managers, everyone knew he wasn't the right man for the job.

Not so....the pro English manager brigade were only too happy to see McLaren appointed. All the negative stuff came out when things started to go wrong.

So you're telling me that Capello was a success and we need another foreign manager again?

Capello : Qualified for World Cup, Qualified for Euro Championship, Decent win Ratio, Improved the coaching standards, Left a much better squad in place than what he inherited. Yep..that's a success in my book.

I'm saying the FA should appoint the best man available for the job. Whether he's English or not is irrelevant.

I'd be quite happy to see Gus Hiddink in charge if Harry Redknapp doesn't want it.

Edited by InCider

I fear the hypocrites at the FA wouldn't give him the job due to all the headlines over the years about tapping up players, bungs and financial irregularities.

Hi,

Harry has the right profile to manage the collection of scallies and toerags who make up the England side.

Not so....the pro English manager brigade were only too happy to see McLaren appointed. All the negative stuff came out when things started to go wrong.

Well I certainly wasn't one of them and neither were many of the people that I spoke to about it at the time. McClaren was never the right man for the job.

Capello : Qualified for World Cup, Qualified for Euro Championship, Decent win Ratio, Improved the coaching standards,

So we now base whether an England manager is successful by whether or not we qualify for tournaments? Christ, no wonder we're so awful at football on a global level. If we can't qualify for competitions that the likes of Algeria can qualify for we may as well give up. :rolleyes: I'd be interested to know how Capello improved the coaching standards as well? Do you know something I don't?

Left a much better squad in place than what he inherited. Yep..that's a success in my book.

This was the team that played against Germany in November 2008 in the game before Capello took over:

David James Portsmouth Matthew Upson West Ham United John Terry Chelsea Wayne Bridge Chelsea Glen Johnson Portsmouth Gareth Barry Aston Villa Michael Carrick Manchester United Stewart Downing Middlesbrough Shaun Wright-Phillips Manchester City Jermaine Defoe Portsmouth Gabriel Agbonlahor Aston Villa Scott Carson West Bromwich Albion Darren Bent Tottenham Hotspur Ashley Young Aston Villa Peter Crouch Portsmouth Joleon Lescott Everton James Bullard Fulham Scott Parker West Ham United Paul Robinson Blackburn Rovers Curtis Davies Aston Villa Michael Mancienne Wolverhampton Wanderers (on loan from Chelsea) Micah Richards

This was the England team for our last game against Sweden before Capello resigned:

Joseph Hart Manchester City Kyle Walker Tottenham Hotspur Gary Cahill Bolton Wanderers John Terry Chelsea Leighton Baines Everton Jack Rodwell Everton Philip Jones Manchester United Gareth Barry Manchester City Theo Walcott Arsenal Robert Zamora Fulham Stewart Downing Liverpool Scott Carson Bursapor James Milner Manchester City Daniel Sturridge Chelsea Darren Bent Aston Villa Glen Johnson Liverpool Ashley Cole Chelsea Joleon Lescott Manchester City Scott Parker Tottenham Hotspur Frank Lampard Chelsea Adam Johnson Liverpool David Stockdale Ipswich Town

That's an improvement on the team he inherited is it? :clueless I don't think so, but each to their own.

I'm saying the FA should appoint the best man available for the job. Whether he's English or not is irrelevant.

I agree. However we have had two foreign managers now and they haven't got us any further than the team that made it to the semi finals of the World Cup in 1990. Do you think we should gamble on another? I don't, and thankfully neither do the FA as it seems they have appointed Redknapp.