Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

There has not been any recent reviews on the taxi scene. What happening out there?

Whilst I usually use Mr T, I have also used Go but if I recall rightly their web site was hi-jacked a while ago and this caused some disquiet.

Who has used what of recent times, what did they pay and who are you currently recommending?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+1   Learn to give directions in Thai   And especially if you're packing a bit of luggage   the the rank is the way to go, no muss no fuss, out the door insist on one of the larger taxis (with l

Posted Images

There has not been any recent reviews on the taxi scene. What happening out there?

Whilst I usually use Mr T, I have also used Go but if I recall rightly their web site was hi-jacked a while ago and this caused some disquiet.

Who has used what of recent times, what did they pay and who are you currently recommending?

Mr T still doing business, best ways to contatct him are via email or just call him (phone)

Have booked him for friends about 10 times in the last few months and everyone was happy with his service.

Cheers :gulp: Admiral Ken

Mr Dream is a very reliable driver. I've used him on numerous occasions to and from the airport as well as other destinations and he has never disappointed. He also speaks better English than most drivers.

As a side note - I had to make a sudden trip into Swampy a few months ago and Mr Dream wasn't available. I tried one of the sidewalk taxi brokers on 2nd Road near Soi 14. She arranged a car for me immediately - good car, good driver, 900 baht all in.

Evil

:devil

If you have a Facebook account make a search for Mr Yo... reliable for good prices, always reply within a few hours, so the emergency calls also works... I used him 7 times in my recent trip ( me and my mates ) and always was good...

used mr Toom twice after seeing many recommendations.

He's a nice enough guy, price was fine and you can talk to him in person but....

he just hires guys with their own cars (my exp anyway)

they were typical Thai drivers who got lost, drove like maniacs and we also had a breakdown on the way to the airport.

I have used Mr T about a dozen times in the last couple of years with very good service.

Like MM said, 1,000 baht all in from the airport to Pattaya and 900 baht for the return trip.

I email him about 2 weeks before my schedule arrival and confirm a few day before I arrive. Alway there with a sign with my name. For my return, I just stop in his office on Soi Dianne across from the Areca Lodge to arrange and give him my hotel information and time to be picked up.

LeoTex

As a side note - I had to make a sudden trip into Swampy a few months ago and Mr Dream wasn't available. I tried one of the sidewalk taxi brokers on 2nd Road near Soi 14. She arranged a car for me immediately - good car, good driver, 900 baht all in.

Evil

I have also done the sidewalk thing a few times with varied results. They seem to be Bangkok taxi's needing gas money back after a trip from the airport.

Several times it became obvious they did not know their way around Pattaya. I have had to have them talk to reception at the Residence garden just to find the place. One time I had a driver cruising past the dolphin roundabout and heading way north before finding the main road. Another time I fell asleep on the backseat and woke up on the floor when the driver made a sudden stop and turn.

After those trips, I have spent the extra 100-200 baht to get a local driver.

One wonders how when he doesn't answer any of his phones?

:wanker

Haven't had cause to call him for a while. Once when I did he didn't answer as you say, but his driver called me moments later.
  • 1 month later...

I use the meter taxi's as a last resort, too many bad experiences with crazy drivers and crap cars. I use Mr T about 8-10 times a year and never much of a problem except for somtimes a misconnect at the airport which was usually due to long immigration lines. Most of them are medium paced drivers except I find some can go a bit fast from swampy to pattaya, maybe they are used to punters telling them to go fast as they want to get to Pattaya ASAP.

I have also done the sidewalk thing a few times with varied results. They seem to be Bangkok taxi's needing gas money back after a trip from the airport.

Several times it became obvious they did not know their way around Pattaya. I have had to have them talk to reception at the Residence garden just to find the place. One time I had a driver cruising past the dolphin roundabout and heading way north before finding the main road. Another time I fell asleep on the backseat and woke up on the floor when the driver made a sudden stop and turn.

After those trips, I have spent the extra 100-200 baht to get a local driver.

Just to clarify - I didn't get a Bangkok metered taxi when I used the sidewalk broker. It was a local driver with the customary sedan car.

Evil