Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+1   Learn to give directions in Thai   And especially if you're packing a bit of luggage   the the rank is the way to go, no muss no fuss, out the door insist on one of the larger taxis (with l

Posted Images

I just cant see why anyone would pay 1500 baht for a metered cab whos driver may not even know Pattaya rather than ordering a Mr T (or similar) for 1000B and who's guys know the place.

I just cant see why anyone would pay 1500 baht for a metered cab whos driver may not even know Pattaya rather than ordering a Mr T (or similar) for 1000B and who's guys know the place.

Well I sort of agree, but I have turned up without my Toom booking, and as I know my way around town that also is not an issue.

There was a thread or two in the past discussing this matter and the mention of having insurance was cited as a reason for the legit taxis.

A couple of missed or near missed connections at BKK with Mr. T's drivers, where I either was expected to wait for the driver to show up or wander around looking for him, and I became a metered taxi fan. I leave customs, go to the taxi stand, say "Pattaya", and I'm on my way.

I have no problem with a taxi driver not knowing Pattaya, nor do I think many of the readers here do either. My arrival is about 24 hours after my departure from my lodgings in California, so the extra 500b is gladly traded for time and convenience.

A couple of missed or near missed connections at BKK with Mr. T's drivers, where I either was expected to wait for the driver to show up or wander around looking for him, and I became a metered taxi fan. I leave customs, go to the taxi stand, say "Pattaya", and I'm on my way.

I have no problem with a taxi driver not knowing Pattaya, nor do I think many of the readers here do either. My arrival is about 24 hours after my departure from my lodgings in California, so the extra 500b is gladly traded for time and convenience.

just haggle them down to 1000. they will balk for about 1 minute and then accept it. BTW, many Patts taxis will go to Swampy fer 800 so if ya add in an airport terminal fee there is no reason a metered taxi wouldn't do it for 1000 all in.

I was advised that Mr T's cabs were kept up to date on late and early flight arrivals by computer. Whatever I have been both late and early and have had no issues. And for the boardie that does not think its important for the driver to know his way around. This is OK if you know, but for a newbie it could be a nightmare. Take the Eastiny or Sabai groups with a lot of places spread out. I have met Pattaya cabbies that screwed this lot up and I didnt have cases to hump around.

I was advised that Mr T's cabs were kept up to date on late and early flight arrivals by computer. Whatever I have been both late and early and have had no issues. And for the boardie that does not think its important for the driver to know his way around. This is OK if you know, but for a newbie it could be a nightmare. Take the Eastiny or Sabai groups with a lot of places spread out. I have met Pattaya cabbies that screwed this lot up and I didnt have cases to hump around.

In my experience, I'm not referring to late or early arrivals of the flights. I am referring to rides that did not show or were difficult to locate. This has happened twice out of 3 dozen bookings, but after the last one, I stopped using Mr. T for arrival and only use him for departure from Thailand.

I cannot give a blanket endorsement for Mr. T or any scheduled pickup, simply because the convenience of going to the taxi stand outweighs my personal dislike of trying to locate the driver and schlepping my luggage through the hot parking lot (even though the driver does do the schlepping).

• 1 month later...

Along time ago when you first said this we started using the the Taxi rank if our arrival time was outside of Bus times. Last trip we got this taxi the temperature of the cab was perfect, the music was enjoyable and not to loud, he didn't speed or weave in out of traffic. He didn't stop at the shop or for petrol, we were thinking great we will get his number might be able to use him again. But when we got to Pattaya he had know idea! we even gave him the address in Thai and told him we knew how to get there but he still stoped and asked for direction twice. We will still use the Taxi rank it was just a bit of a let down after such a nice drive.

Along time ago when you first said this we started using the the Taxi rank if our arrival time was outside of Bus times. Last trip we got this taxi the temperature of the cab was perfect, the music was enjoyable and not to loud, he didn't speed or weave in out of traffic. He didn't stop at the shop or for petrol, we were thinking great we will get his number might be able to use him again. But when we got to Pattaya he had know idea! we even gave him the address in Thai and told him we knew how to get there but he still stoped and asked for direction twice. We will still use the Taxi rank it was just a bit of a let down after such a nice drive.

I have to agree here, with the cab drivers getting lost in Pattaya, i learn't how to say - Si = Left and Kwa = Right. I dont have the problem anymore lol

+1

Learn to give directions in Thai

And especially if you're packing a bit of luggage

the the rank is the way to go, no muss no fuss, out the door insist on one of the larger taxis (with luggage space in the back - not just a frikken LPG tank).

wanking around trying to hook up with some sub contracted driver who will be about somewhere doubtless equipped with a dopey little Civic or whatever wanting you to trek around car parks and cuddle up with your luggage for two hours, just doesn't figure in my equation

• Upvote 1

wanking around trying to hook up with some sub contracted driver who will be about somewhere doubtless equipped with a dopey little Civic or whatever wanting you to trek around car parks and cuddle up with your luggage for two hours, just doesn't figure in my equation

It isn't all that bad, and I will probably continue booking (Toom) until he lets me down. Always been there as I exited the airport... and the driver helps me with the case/cart, normally having to drag my weary ass to the car park. No more annoying than dragging myself to the taxi rank and standing in line sweating and wondering if the price will be fixed 'this time' or I will get some asshole. I have done both and find the 500 baht saved useful.

Only thing that would swing it is if I had the TGF with me and needed the larger vehicles for suitcases. But mostly I come in alone.

Your link just takes me to Yahoo home page

I would be curious to know if she is insured to take fare paying passengers? Nothing worse than getting into an accident in a car in another country and your holiday insurance wont pay up because you choose a taxi that is not registered and therefore wont be insured

The Limo Pattaya is my favorite....their website is the same name.

Have used them exclusively for the past 5 years...nice cars, good drivers and not one screwup yet. Highly recommended.

In my experience, I'm not referring to late or early arrivals of the flights. I am referring to rides that did not show or were difficult to locate. This has happened twice out of 3 dozen bookings, but after the last one, I stopped using Mr. T for arrival and only use him for departure from Thailand.

I cannot give a blanket endorsement for Mr. T or any scheduled pickup, simply because the convenience of going to the taxi stand outweighs my personal dislike of trying to locate the driver and schlepping my luggage through the hot parking lot (even though the driver does do the schlepping).

must have used mr t 30 or more times,always waiting at airport even when flight is late.and pickup at right time from hotel.only taxi i will use now.

Well IMHO the answer is to book a 1000 baht taxi with T or Toom and if he/she is not there go to the cab rank. Nothing to lose and 500 baht to gain.I have had so few issues with T or Toom and others that I believe it is worth the time, and when I say time I mean one minute!

Your link just takes me to Yahoo home page

I would be curious to know if she is insured to take fare paying passengers? Nothing worse than getting into an accident in a car in another country and your holiday insurance wont pay up because you choose a taxi that is not registered and therefore wont be insured

the link works

• 2 months later...

P.T.TAXI SERVICE PATTAYA

340/11 3rd pattaya chonburi

mobile 0863921240, 0854449035

emil p.t.taxi@hotmail.com

www.pttaxiservice.com

Used the above last 3/4 times always been there usually replies to e-mails within a day

Have used this service over the past few years for myself, my brother & friends without any problems.

Cars in very good nick with good drivers.

Be Nice

Moby69

I’ll push my favourite again always been there never a let down although it was funny the last time as the girl couldn’t find her way out of Don Muang arrivals to the lift for the car park. Was new for her she had only picked up at the Swamp before. But once on the road a very pleasant journey.

http://www.thelimopattaya.com/

I’ll push my favourite again always been there never a let down although it was funny the last time as the girl couldn’t find her way out of Don Muang arrivals to the lift for the car park. Was new for her she had only picked up at the Swamp before. But once on the road a very pleasant journey.

http://www.thelimopattaya.com/

What was the cost of a taxi/driver from Don Muang colin, looks like we will have to be travelling from there after oct 1.

What was the cost of a taxi/driver from Don Muang colin, looks like we will have to be travelling from there after oct 1.

1400thb, 200 more than there Swamp service. But more tolls and further.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Can the cars take 3 Adult's and 1 child age 9 plus all the luggage or should i look for something bigger.

most cars boots are taken up by a LPG tank. Better check in advance or take something larger than standard.