Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just done a search for “Food Wave”, the food court on the top floor of Royal Garden Plaza – no results.

I have found it OK if you want some food sharp-ish. Particularly useful mid-afternoon or if you are out mob-handed so each person can have a different cuisine.

Must admit I usually have the Pad Thai, which is pretty good.

It must seat about five hundred, so I’m guessing some other BMs must have been there. What did you think of the place?

Just done a search for "Food Wave", the food court on the top floor of Royal Garden Plaza – no results.

I have found it OK if you want some food sharp-ish. Particularly useful mid-afternoon or if you are out mob-handed so each person can have a different cuisine.

Must admit I usually have the Pad Thai, which is pretty good.

It must seat about five hundred, so I'm guessing some other BMs must have been there. What did you think of the place?

The first time I was there was about five years ago. After that, it seemed to go downhill a bit, with not so many food stalls. It's still OK, I guess. The outside tables are nice for the view.

Guest Fatboyfat

I can never work out why so many people eat at Burger King, McDonalds and KFC on the ground floor, when they could have something so much nicer or the top floor.

Might have something to do with why those 3 mega concerns occupy the "Ground" floor !

Well I suppose the Colonel does have a nice smile, but Ronny McDonald looks a bit scary to me.

Come to think of it, I did sit outside of one of the coffee shops there last year and saw two women painting the front of the building. That’s something you don’t see in the UK every day – two women painting a shopping centre.

• 2 months later...

Tried this place again (a few times) during my trip last month. I can definitely recommend the Pad Thai Kung (prawns) at 140 baht from The Asia Noodles counter and the Chicken wrap at 160 baht from the Indian counter.

I can never work out why so many people eat at Burger King, McDonalds and KFC on the ground floor, when they could have something so much nicer or the top floor.

Last week I was hungry for a hamburger. I occasionally eat at Burger King back home. I headed over to the Royal Garden Shopping Center and ordered a hamburger. Tasty burger at a reasonable cost. I headed up to Food Wave and had a cup of coffee at Starbuck's. I've eaten at Food Wave in the past and they serve good food.

"hole in the wall" on soi Buakhao 40-60 baht including water.

Burger king whopper set 189.

Some of the best Thai food you'll ever eat.

Edited by steamer
  • 2 weeks later...

Just back from Bangkok and ate every day at the food court in the new shopping centre at Asoke Terminal 21,great value a plate of duck/chicken/pork rice etc 30/35 baht less than 1Euro a plate

Just back from Bangkok and ate every day at the food court in the new shopping centre at Asoke Terminal 21,great value a plate of duck/chicken/pork rice etc 30/35 baht less than 1Euro a plate

Not the same prices in pattaya..... pictures from 2010 december....

http://www.pattayama...t/food-wave-607

dining906-3.jpg

dining906-4.jpg

dining906-5.jpg

dining906-6.jpg

From a thai page.....

http://www.ibowlclub.com/index.php/ibowl-board/26-ibowl-/20665--food-waveroyal-garden-pattaya---

9.jpg

8.jpg

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I made the mistake of ordering the dim sum there ; what a mistake! But then again to be fair , there is no good dimsum in Thailand. Havent tried the others but they look good and so does the view.

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk