Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Which are currently the best Thai restaurants in Pattaya?

All suggestions will be gratefully received.

(…and before anyone says that ALL of the restaurants in Pattaya are Thai restaurants, I mean the best restaurants serving Thai food.)

Guest Fatboyfat

For seafood orientated restaurant a recent visit to Shell Tankay down at the pier off of Soi 12 Nakluah, I would say has gone right back up in quality after a little bit of drop a couple of years ago. Lung Sawai at the far end of Jomtien is still good, but gets extremely busy in the early evening, especially on weekends, with Bangkok visitors (Thai).

Maybe not the BEST but we like Reun Thai on Second road, huge menu, big seating area and traditional thai dancing/music.

Been a few years since the last visit but Im sure its still open as it has been there for years and is always busy.

Recommend the Irish coffee(not thai i know) for afters, its a head blower and quite a spectacle to watch it being made.

For seafood orientated restaurant a recent visit to Shell Tankay down at the pier off of Soi 12 Nakluah, I would say has gone right back up in quality after a little bit of drop a couple of years ago. Lung Sawai at the far end of Jomtien is still good, but gets extremely busy in the early evening, especially on weekends, with Bangkok visitors (Thai).

I like Lung Sawai. Well worth the trip.

There's a couple of decent places at that end of Jomtien. Suttangrak is another and its set menus are a big help for those who may not be too familiar with some Thai food.

Many thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll try to sample as many as possible in the very near future.

As I’m a good ‘knife and fork man’ (or a good ‘spoon and fork’ man in Thailand) are there any other good Thai restaurants to add to the list, preferably in the area between Drinking Street and Walking Street?

The best Thai food i have found is in the little hole in the wall place in soi buakhao next to the gold shop. Its halfway beween where soi LK and Soi Diana hit Buakhao on the opposite side of the road. Most dishes are 50bht and rice 10bht. Most thai chicks I have been there with agree that is yummy. I dont think the place even has a name.

The best Thai food i have found is in the little hole in the wall place in soi buakhao next to the gold shop. Its halfway beween where soi LK and Soi Diana hit Buakhao on the opposite side of the road. Most dishes are 50bht and rice 10bht. Most thai chicks I have been there with agree that is yummy. I dont think the place even has a name.

Virtually opposite 'Sugar Sugar'

I had the cashew chicken there once and it was terrble. Too sweet and taste like ketchup sauce to me. But their chicken rice is very good. Not tried the others yet :) Will do so just before songkran and then after!

I had the cashew chicken there once and it was terrble. Too sweet and taste like ketchup sauce to me. But their chicken rice is very good. Not tried the others yet :) Will do so just before songkran and then after!

I think the place is average at best. It got a huge boost from a couple of well read trip reports, but doesn't have much to recommend it other than that...well, it's cheap.

There is no way whatsoever that it would qualify as a restaurant with the "best Thai food" (topic title).

I think the place is average at best. It got a huge boost from a couple of well read trip reports, but doesn't have much to recommend it other than that...well, it's cheap.

There is no way whatsoever that it would qualify as a restaurant with the "best Thai food" (topic title).

MM,

As a long time resident of Pattaya. What restaurants would you recommend? A short list of Thai and farang would be appreciated.

MM,

As a long time resident of Pattaya. What restaurants would you recommend? A short list of Thai and farang would be appreciated.

Every restaurant mentioned in this thread, with the exception of the "hole in the wall", would qualify as a superior Thai restaurant.

I also like a restaurant not mentioned above that is between Second Road Sois 10 and 11. It's on the right as you go thru the cutover from Second Road to Beach Road. I don't know they name, but they suit my pocketbook and palate. It is in the center of the map below:

View Larger Map

Very true its a great little place for quick meal, but it cant be called the "best" its great value but its a Thai cafe really, very popular and very good mind but a cafe nevertheless..

Bang on! Love the food there.... inexpensive too... The Ko-man-kai is simply out of the world!

Every restaurant mentioned in this thread, with the exception of the "hole in the wall", would qualify as a superior Thai restaurant.

I also like a restaurant not mentioned above that is between Second Road Sois 10 and 11. It's on the right as you go thru the cutover from Second Road to Beach Road. I don't know they name, but they suit my pocketbook and palate. It is in the center of the map below:

View Larger Map

Can't figure out those directions. You mentioned 2nd rd sois 10 and 11, but the map is on beach rd sois 10 and 11, and what is a cutover?

Can't figure out those directions. You mentioned 2nd rd sois 10 and 11, but the map is on beach rd sois 10 and 11, and what is a cutover?

Did you look at the map?

It's Sois 10 and 11 at both Beach and 2nd Roads. Maybe they are sois off Beach Road.

Anyway, between the two sois, there are no buildings...only a drive thru (paved) area that goes from 2nd Road to Beach Road...there are shops on both sides, but no buildings in the middle. I call it a cutover because you can drive between the sois to and from Beach Road.

I know you've seen it a million times. Work with me on this.

Did you look at the map?

It's Sois 10 and 11 at both Beach and 2nd Roads. Maybe they are sois off Beach Road.

Anyway, between the two sois, there are no buildings...only a drive thru (paved) area that goes from 2nd Road to Beach Road...there are shops on both sides, but no buildings in the middle. I call it a cutover because you can drive between the sois to and from Beach Road.

I know you've seen it a million times. Work with me on this.

Of course I looked at the map, it was stuck in the middle of the post!

The text told me it was 2nd rd, sois 10 and 11 but the picture was elsewhere...I didn't know which was correct.

Behind DHL helps me, I am afraid 'crossover' confused me..... you know, tomata tomato!

(Million times or not I haven't driven through there ever!)

Edited by jacko

these the ones?

Never eaten there..the place I am referring to is about half way down the plaza area to Beach Road, on the right. I am not saying it's one of the best, but it's one I've enjoyed along with the others mentioned above.

Never eaten there..the place I am referring to is about half way down the plaza area to Beach Road, on the right. I am not saying it's one of the best, but it's one I've enjoyed along with the others mentioned above.

Do they do a curried duck? (Phet Nam Daeng?). I haven't had it for a little while.