Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I pulled the following off the internet:

"A multinational chain of hotels has come to Pattaya with their concept of 5 star quality at 1 star prices. This is the second Tune Hotel in Thailand and with branches all over the world including the UK, Indonesia, The Phillipines and Malaysia, Tune Hotel, which is located on Pattaya Second Road close to the Pattaya International Hospital, it is a welcomed addition to the range of Hotels Pattaya has to offer. Tune Hotels operate a policy of the more energy and facilities you require, the more you should pay, which benefits those on a budget who do not require many facilities that other similar hotels offer and feel they should not have to pay for what they don’t want. Room rates start as low as 199 Baht per night and for more information check out their website www.tunehotels.com"

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like a modern day version of that other shithole called SkyTops.

I pulled the following off the internet:   "A multinational chain of hotels has come to Pattaya with their concept of 5 star quality at 1 star prices. This is the second Tune Hotel in Thailand and w

Quite so, I hate that sitting on the wing with air Asia.

Posted Images

i stayed in the one at the airport in kuala lumpur the room was like a shoebox .i only got it because i had around 7 hours wait for a connection and i thought id get a kip and a shower. theres no way you could stay any length of time in one if the rooms are the same size as the one i stayed in. you need to buy prepaid credits for air con and they sell them in 12 hour blocks. A overnight for a connection is the longest i would stay in one of them.

Funnily enough just read this on WSG from poster “tophudge” seems to back up cappi.

"OK, back up this stream was a question about the Tune hotel in Pattaya. The gods had me go to International Hospital today (all negative, thank you) and that put me almost across Soi 4 from the hotel. Went in to get the real facts as promised. And off we go. Room rates, would not quote me a rate except for as I was standing in front of the desk. Would not give me a rate card. Said they change rates constantly as demand rises or falls. Rate if I wanted to check in today at about 1530 was 706B.

Now for the rest of the story. For the 706 baht, you get a room. One towel and toiletries "Kit" (bar of soap, perhaps some toothpaste or such) was 120 baht. Need another towel, will be happy to rent you as many as you want. Wi-fi is 50/180 baht for 12/24 hours. Air conditioning (you are going to need it until probably December or so) is 12/24 hours for 140/230 baht. TV? 120 baht. They have a special time window for checking in/out. If you are early and want a room, or want a late check out, another 120 baht.

Location is Second Road and Soi 4. Easy baht bus get to and get away. Email for this particular hotel is

enquiry.thai@tunehotels.com

Have to admit that I did not ask about guests, but with one towel to begin with (and it is not a large one) my guess is that she will also have some sort of Tune fee attached. Those interested further can certainly use the email above.

Obviously someone likes this type of operation or the chain would not be in business and expanding. For me, I will mark them off my referral list for anyone coming here. I hate being nickle and dimed at every turn. (American expression)

Think that about covers the Tune. Will try to answer questions from anyone interested. "

I don't think their target market is mongers on a 2 or 3 week vacation. We had one open in Hat Yai at the arse-end of last year and it has established a good reputation very quickly and does good business. It's not a new build like the other Tune properties so the rooms are a lot larger than what people expect. 750 Baht a night typically gets you a double room with 12 hours aircon and 6 hours wi-fi.

There is one opening across from the new Terminal 21/Asoke skytrain on Sukhumvit (Soi 14) - could be worth it for a couple of days in BKK.

The 'Air Asia' or 'Ryan Air' of hotels.

Good feedback Montydog.

Some guys don't want to pay for amenities they don't use. Tune seems to be a cheap Charlie special. If it's clean, well run hotel there are a number of BM this hotel will appeal too.

Some guys don't want to pay for amenities they don't use. Tune seems to be a cheap Charlie special. If it's clean, well run hotel there are a number of BM this hotel will appeal too.

Is there room service as well ??? no no only joking really !!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a modern day version of that other shithole called SkyTops.

I'm curious what do you base this on?

I'm curious what do you base this on?

Actually yeah I guess I was being unfair to the Skytops, atleast there you don't have to rent a towel or pay as you go for the other facilities. well not that Ive ever seen mentioned anyways.

I really cant see too many people staying there......

Went on and tried a dummy booking and the options whilst I suppose useful for some, just turned me off considering it in the future. With the add ons its more expensive than other hotels in the area.

You could stay at the Carlton around the corner (if you can call the Carlton a hotel these days !!) for 300 baht less a night.

Did a dummy booking today, and with 12 hrs A/C and 12 Hrs TV, 12 hrs wi fi, towels and room clean for 14 nights worked out at 1300 Bhat a Night Room ONLY for an 11 Sq M room, dont thionk i will be booking any time soon

Did a dummy booking today, and with 12 hrs A/C and 12 Hrs TV, 12 hrs wi fi, towels and room clean for 14 nights worked out at 1300 Bhat a Night Room ONLY for an 11 Sq M room, dont thionk i will be booking any time soon

LOL. That's funny! Only a fool would recommend such a place run by shysters nickle and diming you for for the standard offerings elsewhere. :llaugh

LOL. That's funny! Only a fool would recommend such a place run by shysters nickle and diming you for for the standard offerings elsewhere. :llaugh

As I said there are guys who don't want to pay for amenities they don't use. One of the many things I like about Pattaya is the wide variety of accommodations at various price points.

• Downvote 1

As I said there are guys who don't want to pay for amenities they don't use. One of the many things I like about Pattaya is the wide variety of accommodations at various price points.

Did you read Montydog's post #3?

I reckon even Skytop might be a better deal, and that includes room service!

Darn, I wonder what you get for the basic 199 baht.

Did you read Montydog's post #3?

I reckon even Skytop might be a better deal, and that includes room service!

I not only read post #3 but Cheshire Tom's post #4. CT stated they opened a place down south and it quickly established a good rep and does good business.

I not only read post #3 but Cheshire Tom's post #4. CT stated they opened a place down south and it quickly established a good rep and does good business.

Enjoy your stay in Hat Yai then.

Your OP discussed the Pattaya location, in case you forgot. The point of Montydog's and sparkydave's posts were that your quoted starting price of 199b is nowhere to be found.

11 sqm for 1300 baht is pretty substandard.

Have you tried to book the cheapest room you could, since you don't need the "amenities"? How basic are you willing to go? No aircon? Share one towel for you and your chosen companion?

I just did a basic room, no "amenties" (no A/C, 1 towel, no WiFi, no TV)...705 baht. Skytop still sounds better.

Your OP discussed the Pattaya location, in case you forgot. The point of Montydog's and sparkydave's posts were that your quoted starting price of 199b is nowhere to be found.

Have you tried to book the cheapest room you could, since you don't need the "amenities"? How basic are you willing to go? No aircon? Share one towel for you and your chosen companion?

I just did a basic room, no "amenties" (no A/C, 1 towel, no WiFi, no TV)...705 baht. Skytop still sounds better.

And the Carlton is 700 baht right now for email advanced reservations !!

I just did a basic room, no "amenities" (no A/C, 1 towel, no WiFi, no TV)...705 baht. Skytop still sounds better.

No, I haven't tried to book a room. The hotel doesn't meet my needs. Sky-Top is a better fit for me. I like a large room and Sky-Top has what I like. I like AC, TV, fridge and wired internet. The amenities I don't want to pay for is a pool, gym and overpriced hotel restaurant. When I travel with my family. I get to pay for all the amenities I don't use. Why? Because they use them.

If I was headed to Pattaya for a couple of days, I'd look at maybe using it. I know that the three most important items for me (beds, showers and safety) are reputed to be excellent and I wouldn't be going to Pattaya to sit in a hotel room anyway (irrespective of the cost). For a couple of nights with enough aircon and internet time included (12+6 per day) came out at 720 Baht a night when I done a search. I think two nights, maybe three maximum, would be my limit though. No worries about towels as the curtains look pretty decent to me. :thumbup :glare: It would certainly be higher up my pecking order than either the Carlton or the other place further down Sai 2.

Edited by CheshireTom