Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Here are some photos of the Residence Garden rooms and grounds.

Also, from now until Oct 31, 2012, book a room at the RG for 7 days or more, and get a complementary transfer to Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) when you leave. Airport transfer must be requested at the time of the booking. This is a savings of at least 900 baht, based on typical low fare transport rates by auto.

01.jpg

1_bedroom_RG.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

That's a good deal with the free taxi transfer thrown in as well.

I'm looking for a place at the beginning of May, how much is the average room rate??

Have stayed at the RG on all my trips and have never had a problem. It is a great hotel with friendly helpful staff. The rooms are large and I like the 2 seperate ac units, the in room safe is large enough to hold my laptop, camera, ipod and papers.

I shall be round there tonight as a friend will arriving in town and staying there.

The earlier pics look like the older part, formerly The Residence Suites before it all came under the single name of Residence Garden (or is it the other way round?). Anyhow the block nearer to Jomtiem with bigger places. They appear to have been renovated since I last used one and look very good.

It will be a little nostalgic for me to visit there as it was always my place of choice for my 1 month R&Rs from working in shit-holes, and I was always quite happy there.

Most of those room pictures look like 2 bedroom rooms, or at least I've never stayed in those before. The last two pictures look more familiar being the 1 bedroom. RG is always a good deal for very reliable room and service. Unfortunately they're just a little away from the hustle and bustle and foot traffic. I'm going to be staying at RG for one night tomorrow night and then try and move on to either Sea me Spring, Page 10, or maybe Amari Nova.

Unfortunately they're just a little away from the hustle and bustle and foot traffic. I'm going to be staying at RG for one night tomorrow night and then try and move on to either Sea me Spring, Page 10, or maybe Amari Nova.

"a little away" is just what I look for. It is VERY easy getting to walking street / second road with a baht bus ride. Getting back takes some time since you usualy have to get off the bus at south pattaya and second road and queue by south Pattaya road for a bus heading up the hill. Walking is not bad and the exercise is good for you.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A comment I got from my friends staying there was they keep the place spotless.

"a little away" is just what I look for. It is VERY easy getting to walking street / second road with a baht bus ride.

'Sure would like to know the secret for catching the baht bus from RG... If you can get across the road without being run down, they do pass all the time, but are most often full and usually don't even stop. You're right about it not really being that much of a walk.

Looks like theyv'e modernized the TVs and put some cushions on the couch with enough padding. Does anyone know if they did anything about the bed mattresses?

Never had a problem getting down the hill. Didn't know about the baht bus cueing at the bottom. Took a wrong turn one night walking back and ended at the big budda.

Looks like theyv'e modernized the TVs and put some cushions on the couch with enough padding. Does anyone know if they did anything about the bed mattresses?

I stayed there at Xmas/new year and the bed was hard as were the pillows, i asked them to change the pillows for softer and they did it immediately, i also asked for an extra

blanket and put that under the sheets as a sort of cushion which made it much better.

PS, i have just booked the RG for this Xmas/New Year, i sent them a request through flb's email link on the 10th March, no reply as of yesterday so i sent them an email yesterday

and got an immediate reply from Da, and this was included

In order to confirm your reservation, I need a deposit of 2,000 Baht.

By visa or master card. ( We do not accept AMEX)

You can send it through this email. If security is your main concern, you

can send number, expiry date and the 3 digit security code on the back of credit card

by separate emails.

No deposit required last time so people must be letting them down

I sent my credit card details by fax as they sent me a Word document to type the details into and

sent part of the info by email, to which i got this reply from Da

Dear sir,

I have received your fax form to keep for deposit and

will charge in December 2012 again

With Kind Regards

Da

I assume they will charge the card if i don't turn up or don't cancel

Fabulous room for 1450 baht........

Top Dollar indeed.

Do many board members stay there at any one time ??

The Flipper Lodge is getting aged by comparison and not far off the same cost so a change of accomodation may be in order.

Edited by chatkeow

PS, i have just booked the RG for this Xmas/New Year, i sent them a request through flb's email link on the 10th March, no reply as of yesterday so i sent them an email yesterday

I am booked for May and no deposit was asked for so i would guess this is a xmas/new year thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I stayed there at Xmas/new year and the bed was hard as were the pillows, i asked them to change the pillows for softer and they did it immediately, i also asked for an extra

blanket and put that under the sheets as a sort of cushion which made it much better.

I sent my credit card details by fax as they sent me a Word document to type the details into and

sent part of the info by email, to which i got this reply from Da

I assume they will charge the card if i don't turn up or don't cancel

They've never charged me deposit. Perhaps you are booking for too many days or too soon? Then again, they know me by first name by now, I've stayed there on 4 trips now.

• 2 months later...

I've stayed very recently and lots of the rooms still have the old style TVs in the bedrooms. It's an ok place but the rooms are looking a bit dated now. My aircon wasn't working for 2 days and despite assurances it was fixed it was not. I confronted the guy on the desk and he apologised and said he forgot to tell maintenance to fix it! So a second night with no aircon in the bedroom.

Can be very noisy round the pool with the traffic passing up and down the road.

i stayed there once, i liked the place, but getting back there became a bit of a pain TBH, late at night the baht bus drivers wanted 100 baht. and I won`t walk when its dark.

I've stay there several times since 2006 and always book room by 2nd pool in the back, it's just one big room no kitchen, only 1100 baht!! I like this place !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've stay there several times since 2006 and always book room by 2nd pool in the back, it's just one big room no kitchen, only 1100 baht!! I like this place !!!!

That's the one with a urinal at opposite end of showerhead aint it ? Laughed my ass off first time i stepped in.