Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

La Petite Planete- Updated Jan. 8, 2019

I eat there almost every time I go to tuk.com. Love their omelettes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have always been a little surprised by this...... and pondered why such good little places exist in an area that I make an effort to avoid. I would only ever go there to go to Tuk Com, and likely at 11.00 am. Horrible traffic, nowhere to park, scruffy, and an area that definitely leans to one side. Coming back to your motorcycle and finding puffs sitting on your seat preening themselves in your mirrors doesn't endear me any more.

Good report.

Four years too late, but I thought I'd answer this, as I'm barricaded behind my doors for Songkran and have nothing better to do.

The area behind Tuk.com is a gay area and has been for many years. As any resident of any big city knows, a gay part of town is a gourmet part of town.

• 2 years later...

We went back to LPP on Wednesday for a second try with the three-course set menu. My friend started with tomato soup, which he said was very good.

IMG_0079.jpg.149e2309eb60c198c93aac1958f

I had the house pate, which came with a small portion of salad and pickles. Very good country-style pate!

IMG_0082.jpg.58f21dc7cb98007ba2ae7e0b955

IMG_0083.jpg.3621448462d7a6dce0dbda2f5df

My friend had the salmon steak as his main course. He described it as delicious, among the best he'd had in Pattaya- and he eats salmon steak just about every time it's on the menu.

IMG_0085.jpg.571ccbbe1dd72a97ebe4af81ac5

IMG_0086.jpg.cc30abfcd0900967bf1a1d31f03

I had the entrecote, which added an extra 50 baht to the 320-baht three-course menu. I was good, although not as tender as I remember the entrecote at LPP in the past. I asked for it medium rare. but it came more on the medium side.

IMG_0094.jpg.87da1e5d349b69085f3b4023f02

For dessert, he had the chocolate mousse again ...

IMG_0096.jpg.475843cb75f243d41bf1757abb7

... and I had the lemon sorbet.

IMG_0097.jpg.7d5f823df914babd335e7550de6

The food we got on the two nights we visited LPP this week was up to the old standard with the exception of the entrecote and that wasn't a huge miss. At 320 baht, the three-course set menu is still excellent value for money.

Evil

• Upvote 2
  • 6 months later...

Time for an update.

IMG_0288.jpg

La Petite Planète has been offering French food for many years now.  I don't when it opened, but I've enjoyed meals there since 2008. It's located about half-way down a sub soi that runs along the west side of Tukcom.  It's small and there's nothing fancy about it, but the food is excellent. For a  unpretentious bistro meal, La Petite Planète is a good choice. I've never had a bad meal there and plenty of truly good ones. It also features a limit menu of Thai food and the girls I've taken there who've sampled the Thai dishes gave it the thumbs up.

Last summer I took an American friend to LPP and he's become a huge fan.  He visits Pattaya three or four times a year and now eats at LPP several times each trip. Sunday night we had another meal there.  As usual, we both went for the three-course "mix-and-match" menu.  At 320 baht, it's excellent value for money. 

IMG_0287.jpg

He started with the tomato soup ...

IMG_0271.jpg

while I had the couscous salad.

IMG_0272.jpg

The starters came with a basket of warm, fresh French bread and pats of butter.

IMG_0274.jpg

He chose salmon steak with potato croquettes as his main course ...

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

and I went with the chicken breast with mustard sauce.

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

For dessert, he decided on the French classic crème caramel ...

IMG_0283.jpg

and I had raspberry pudding in a cake "frame."

IMG_0285.jpg

No complaints from either of us on any of our choices.  All the dishes were prepared with quality ingredients, executed well and were full of flavor.  The mustard sauce was outstanding, the highlight of my meal.  La petite planète has conquered the bugbear of many small restaurants- inconsistency.   Every meal is good. I do wish they'd have a bit more variation with the vegetables- I get tired of the holy trinity of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots- but that's a very minor point.  To get three course of that quality for only 320 baht is an excellent deal.

Bottom line:  Both of us will be going back to LPP, probably this week.  One important point of information:  LPP is closed Tuesdays.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Thanks 3