Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Disable Avatars, signatures; more postings/page.

IIRC I used to be able to disable avatars and signatures. I also used to be able to increase the # postings/page.

I either can't do these things now, or can't find where to set these parameters.

Any relevant :-) suggestions?

People quoting 100% of a post to talk about 1/50th of it is a far bigger space waster than avatars, sigs, etc.

True, but I suspect at least part of it is people responding on mobile devices where deleting part of the quotation is, at the very least, difficult.

People quoting 100% of a post to talk about 1/50th of it is a far bigger space waster than avatars, sigs, etc.

Another of my pet peeves, but not something I can change. I used to be able enable the stated optimizations to more efficiently browse the forums. It seems like I can't given the forum upgrade, but if I've missed somewhere where I can, I'd like to know.

True, but I suspect at least part of it is people responding on mobile devices where deleting part of the quotation is, at the very least, difficult.

It ain't that hard.

People quote a post that is already 3/4 of a page and say: Thanks great report.

Why quote at all in that case? We know the subject of the post, thanks great post is not hard to understand in the context.

• 2 months later...

Bump ...

What has happened to the options for displaying/not displaying avatars and signatures in your board settings - and the number of posts per page? :clueless

I probably can't see it for looking at it ....

Bump ...

What has happened to the options for displaying/not displaying avatars and signatures in your board settings - and the number of posts per page? :clueless

I probably can't see it for looking at it ....

You have to go to the ignore preferences in your settings menu and at the top of that is a box you can tick to ignore signatures. Cannot find anything about ignoring avatars.

Edited by Baht
  • Upvote 1

You have to go to the ignore preferences in your settings menu and at the top of that is a box you can tick to ignore signatures. Cannot find anything about ignoring avatars.

Yes, I've seen that but it only refers to individual named members - you can chose to ignore their posts, signatures and/or messages. There used to be a carte blanche option e.g. at some time in the past I chose to not display signatures - that means I don't see any signatures at all. There was also an option not to display avatars.

Yes, I've seen that but it only refers to individual named members - you can chose to ignore their posts, signatures and/or messages. There used to be a carte blanche option e.g. at some time in the past I chose to not display signatures - that means I don't see any signatures at all. There was also an option not to display avatars.

No,if you tick the box it ignores all signatures. Below that box are members you are ignoring and below that is another bigger box to enter names of members you want to ignore with another 3 smaller tick boxes by the side where you can ignore their posts,signatures or messages. If you tick the box at the top of the page then you will ignore all signatures.It works,I have already done it.

Edited by Baht
  • Upvote 2

No,if you tick the box it ignores all signatures. Below that box are members you are ignoring and below that is another bigger box to enter names of members you want to ignore with another 3 smaller tick boxes by the side where you can ignore their posts,signatures or messages. If you tick the box at the top of the page then you will ignore all signatures.It works,I have already done it.

Well done! You're not as daft as you think! :thumbup

What about the number of posts per page? Any ideas? :clueless

Well done! You're not as daft as you think! :thumbup

What about the number of posts per page? Any ideas? :clueless

According to IP boards forum that option is gone and will not be coming back.

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/362706-number-of-posts-to-show-per-page-user-setting/?do=findComment&comment=2271715

Edited by Baht
  • Upvote 1