Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel/Day Room

Any recomendations for a short stay of aprroximately 4-5 hours between international & domestic flight. Looking to pay no more than 1000bht including tranfers.

Best to buy some lounge access, by the sound of it.

My credit card company (Amex), have just signed me up for free to the priority pass company, where I get 4 free visits a year,(any lounge, any airport,any country, but not in airline lounges),then i have to pay £15 per visit for any other visits thereafter.

Thanks for the advice. I looked at paying to book into an airport lounge. However, i have read it as if you are flying a domestic flight after the international flight you can not book it. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thai air. Ah i think i know where you are going. if i book a business class flight will i get use of a lounge?

Yes, or if you have enough points on your star alliance card

• Upvote 1

Thai air. Ah i think i know where you are going. if i book a business class flight will i get use of a lounge?

Yep, that's one avenue I was looking at. You can get cheap(ish) domestic business class flights sometimes on Thai, so that way you can use their business class domestic lounge. I've used it before, and it's not that bad actually.

Also, if your domestic flight had been on Bangkok airways, they have lounges for ALL their passengers, economy included.

Any recomendations for a short stay of aprroximately 4-5 hours between international & domestic flight. Looking to pay no more than 1000bht including tranfers.

All the lounges and day rooms at Swampy are located airside, or within the secure area of the terminal. I don't know if policies have changed, but a few years ago it was possible to use a day room in the itransit area after de-planing from an international flight. However, you have to use it BEFORE going through immigration control because once you exit the customs area, you're landside and can't get back into the international airside area without a boarding pass for an international flight. You can get some info here: Louis' Tavern Dayroom & CIP Lounges.

Landside, the Novotel Hotel at the airport has a "Freshen Up" offer that gives you access to a regular hotel room, fitness center and pool for 2 to 5 hours.. But the minimum charge is 2,000 baht, more than you want to pay. You could also book a room at a hotel near the airport. Most are are within 15 minutes' ride and several of those hotels come in under 1,000 baht and have free shuttle service.

If you're flying into Swampy on a Star Alliance carrier and are a gold-level Star Alliance frequent flyer, you can use the Thai business lounge for free as long as the domestic connecting flight is on the same itinerary as the international flight. You might also want to ask Thai is it is possible to buy a one-time pass to their domestic biz lounge. It may also be possible to do a last-minute upgrade to biz class on your domestic flight for 1,000 baht or so, which would give you complimentary access to the biz lounge.

Evil

:devil

• 4 weeks later...

Best to buy some lounge access, by the sound of it.

My credit card company (Amex), have just signed me up for free to the priority pass company, where I get 4 free visits a year,(any lounge, any airport,any country, but not in airline lounges),then i have to pay £15 per visit for any other visits thereafter.

if you do a fair amount of traveling priority pass a great deal. the one I stayed at in hong kong had rooms w/showers, food, drinks, internet etc.

made my 15 hour layover much much nicer

if you do a fair amount of traveling priority pass a great deal. the one I stayed at in hong kong had rooms w/showers, food, drinks, internet etc.

made my 15 hour layover much much nicer

I'm hoping to use my card in the next couple of weeks. The good thing for me is that I don't have to pay anything for lounge access, as it's part of the freebie visits that I'm allocated every year from the company.

I'm hoping to use my card in the next couple of weeks. The good thing for me is that I don't have to pay anything for lounge access, as it's part of the freebie visits that I'm allocated every year from the company.

nice! enjoy!

There are many, many hotels on Lat Krabang (very, very close to Suvarnabhumi; 5 or 10 minute (free shuttle) ride). Just look here; www.booking.com and search for suvarnabhumi. Basic but nice hotels for 750, 850 baht with free transfer to and from airport.

Just a few hotels I've stayed at in the past: Grand Pinnacle Hotel and Convenient Hotel are recommended (to get a nap). Not recommended because they charge you 150 THB for the ride back to airport is Queens Garden Resort.

• 1 month later...

I used the Ivory Suvarnabhumi Hotel for an overnight layover from Phuket. The price for the night was $33 USD, so it's possible you could get it cheaper for a few hours. There's complimentary shuttles service to and from the airport included.

I had a cancelled flight a month or so ago and decided to check out the Airport Hotel. I was quoted 7,000 baht for one night. I ended up getting the train into town and staying on soi4 sukhumvit for 750 baht.

• 2 months later...