Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

THAI’s first A380 makes maiden flight from Toulouse

Next phase will be cabin installation and aircraft painting

6 MARCH 2012 PRESS RELEASE

The first A380 for Thai Airways International (THAI) took off for its maiden flight on 5th March following completion of the airframe assembly and system tests in Toulouse, France.

After a successful flight of more than four hours, the aircraft landed in Hamburg, Germany, where it is entering the next phase of production, covering cabin installation and painting.

THAI will become the ninth operator of the A380 when it takes delivery of its first aircraft in the third quarter of 2012. The airline has firm orders for six A380s and will operate the aircraft on its premier routes from Bangkok to Europe.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given all the bad publicity and major money RR spent having the engines inspected. I feel it's an acceptable risk.

Wow, you're willing to risk flying on a plane equipped with RR Trent engines?   Got to admit the Thai A380 is the best looking livery so far.

To take with your wife.

Except Thai Air really doesn't want them. They were part of a previous deal and Thai Air has tried to get out of the contract, but Airbus won't budge.

Yes, i had heard that, but,

Thai have a choice, get newer,better planes or upgrade the seats/audio - visual kit on their current planes in business/first class.

Yesterday i booked my flight to Thailand for this coming Xmas/new year, Westeasttravel who i booked with last Xmas want £2632 for a business return ticket

and £4700 (ish) for a first class return, now this is still 9 months before the flight so god knows what it will go up to by the time we get nearer the flight date.

Ok, they have taken the 747-400's off the route and replaced them with A340's from London to Bkk but it looks to me the same seats and seat pitch as before,

angled lie flat seats which are bloody rock hard and hellish to try to sleep on, food is not good and drinks are not much better,

This year's booking i again looked at Emirates/Etihad and also Qatar who i hear good things about, finally my decision was to go with Emirates again and the reason

was that i get great flight times and also that i get 3 legs of the journey on the A380 with flat bed seats and the superb entertainment system and the only downside

was that i have to go via Dubai with the 2 1/2 hour plane change.

From earlier reports, the first Thai A380 was going onto the London route by the end of this year and i would have paid Thai's price for that with the direct plane but

it seems they changed their mind and put the first A380 on the Frankfurt route, so they lost my business for this year.

Thai's price for that with the direct plane but

it seems they changed their mind and put the first A380 on the Frankfurt route, so they lost my business for this year.

I doubt Thai worry about your business specifically, and Emirates are way better anyhow.

Except Thai Air really doesn't want them. They were part of a previous deal and Thai Air has tried to get out of the contract, but Airbus won't budge.

If they really wanted to get out of the contract they would have done. :whistling:

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Thai LHR to BKK flight runs pretty empty these days compared to the glory days when Thai actually had a good product, add to that their insane prices and even the likes of BA are giving them a run for their money on this route especially in business class.

The Thai LHR to BKK flight runs pretty empty these days compared to the glory days when Thai actually had a good product, add to that their insane prices and even the likes of BA are giving them a run for their money on this route especially in business class.

Agree, would choose EVA over Thai if looking for a direct to BKK. Haven't gone biz with Thai due to the price when EVA is offering a cheaper option, a more modern comfortable plane with a biz class that may not have the quality of food as Thai but the seat apparently is every bit as good as Thai's. But then EVA are in the process of joining Star Alliance, so maybe Thai will offload passengers to EVA and vice versa so no need for the bigger capacity.

From Thai UK Facebook today, looks like London will get it but late 2013

Sawasdee krub! Some of you asked us which routes the first A380s will be used on. Here's the answer!

In the first phase our A380s will operate on Bangkok – Hong Kong (HKG) and Bangkok - Singapore (SIN) for 6 weeks, starting from 28 October 2012 to 12 December 2012

After that, Thai Airways will turn our A380s to operate on Bangkok (BKK) – Frankfurt (FRA), Bangkok (BKK) – Tokyo Narita (NRT) and Bangkok (BKK) – Paris (CDG) routes.

London will hopefully follow late 2013!

I recently flew with Thai on their A340. Both trips were practically fully booked. There is not as much room as on the Jumbo especially in the aisle seats as you have a bloody great box which is something to do with the entertainment system preventing you from stretching your legs out. The little TV screens were blurred and there was not enough contrast control. The fast forward/rewind/pause controls are pretty much hit and miss so the individual TVs are not much of a success.

The grub was pretty good but they are stingy with the drinks. Had it not been for the Xanax sleeping pill I took the flight would have been an extremely unpleasant and uncomfortable experience. The older you get the more you dread these flights. I paid nearly £900 for a three month ticket in cattle class. I'll soon have a free flight apart from the tax and then I'll swap to another airline unless they get the Jumbos back or this new A380 on the LHR to BKK route.

I fly Thai this October. I might get lucky and fly the 380.

I fly Thai this October. I might get lucky and fly the 380.

Wow, you're willing to risk flying on a plane equipped with RR Trent engines?

Got to admit the Thai A380 is the best looking livery so far.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow, you're willing to risk flying on a plane equipped with RR Trent engines?

Got to admit the Thai A380 is the best looking livery so far.

Given all the bad publicity and major money RR spent having the engines inspected. I feel it's an acceptable risk.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

To take with your wife.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To take with your wife.

My wife unfortunately is unable to accompany me on this trip. I'd have no problem flying the 380 with my family.

My wife unfortunately is unable to accompany me on this trip. I'd have no problem flying the 380 with my family.

Well the comment was aimed specifically at the RR engines which you claimed exploded and were dangerous.

I thought your wife was coming this trip, hence the alternative airline and better accommodation.

Well the comment was aimed specifically at the RR engines which you claimed exploded and were dangerous.

I thought your wife was coming this trip, hence the alternative airline and better accommodation.

Quantas claimed one of the RR engines on their A380 exploded. Unfortunately my wife can't make this trip. Maybe next trip.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1