Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given all the bad publicity and major money RR spent having the engines inspected. I feel it's an acceptable risk.

Wow, you're willing to risk flying on a plane equipped with RR Trent engines?   Got to admit the Thai A380 is the best looking livery so far.

To take with your wife.

Flew in a Qantas A380 the other day. Window seats have a lot of room to lean into. Was a really quiet plane. I liked it. Glad I didn't read about engines exploding before I flew.

Flew in a Qantas A380 the other day. Window seats have a lot of room to lean into. Was a really quiet plane. I liked it. Glad I didn't read about engines exploding before I flew.

Only one has exploded. RR has spent a lot of money inspecting all the engines that were in service at the time.

Only one has exploded. RR has spent a lot of money inspecting all the engines that were in service at the time.

And you made a huge thing of it and slagged off RR left right and centre.!!!

And you made a huge thing of it and slagged off RR left right and centre.!!!

You did EXACTLY the same with the 787. What goes around comes around.

You did EXACTLY the same with the 787. What goes around comes around.

But the difference is I have no intention of flying the Nightmare liner, unless I have no alternative.

• 2 weeks later...

6 x A380 ordered by Thai Airways are planned as :-

Bangkok -Hong Kong TG600/601 28th Oct-14th Dec 2012

Bangkok- Singapore TG409/410 28th Oct -14th Dec 2012

Bangkok - Frankfurt TG920/921 from 15th Dec 2012

Bangkok - Tokyo Narita TG676/677 from 16th Jan 2013

Bangkok - Paris start 15th Feb 2013

you would have thought they would introduce them on the London route and cut it down to one flight a day .

They can't afford to lose the landing slot(s) at LHR and it's a case of use them, or loose them.

I believe that Rolls Royce shares fell 2% today because an engine on a Dreamliner was found to have some contamination. I am sure that you can find out more if you so wish.

I think Thai would do better on the LHR route if their aircraft had Premium Economy class seating, Eva do very well and their tickets are now about £900 depending when you want to travel.

I believe that Rolls Royce shares fell 2% today because an engine on a Dreamliner was found to have some contamination. I am sure that you can find out more if you so wish.

I think Thai would do better on the LHR route if their aircraft had Premium Economy class seating, Eva do very well and their tickets are now about £900 depending when you want to travel.

Here on Reuters.

I believe that Rolls Royce shares fell 2% today because an engine on a Dreamliner was found to have some contamination.

The problem was discovered to have been a faulty batch of parts supplied to RR by an American company.

The problem was discovered to have been a faulty batch of parts supplied to RR by an American company.

So much for RR QC eh?

It is Rolls Royce that found the problem during endurance testing of one of their engines......

Well all good if the problem didn't get in the air......

Well all good if the problem didn't get in the air......

Oh dear.......

http://news.yahoo.co...-161445326.html

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Federal officials are trying to determine why debris fell from the engine of a new Boeing 787 Dreamliner, starting a fire and forcing officials to shut down a South Carolina airport.

The Post and Courier of Charleston reports (http://bit.ly/NBRR0V) that debris from the aircraft fell onto the runway at Charleston International Airport and into the grass Saturday, sparking a blaze that closed the airport for more than an hour.

Boeing spokeswoman Candy Eslinger says the aircraft was undergoing preflight runway testing in North Charleston when the incident occurred. Eslinger says the 787 was the latest one built at the Boeing campus in North Charleston.

No one was injured in the incident, and Eslinger says production will not be affected.

The airport was closed for more than an hour. The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating.

This time the problem wasn't a RR engine, it was a GE one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...