Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 251 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Cheapest Breakfast in Pattaya?

What on Earth is that white slop?

Some foods don't look good in photos. Biscuits and gravy is one of them. Better pics snatched from the Internet:

Biscuits-and-gravy.jpg

biscuits-and-gravy-e1327273.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Odense He works to a budget on a daily basis, worked out to within 50 baht. What he saves one day he puts in a jar and has a blowout at the end of the month. By blowout I mean he has 3k baht in hi

Good for him. Nothing wrong with being economical and haggling is expected generally in Thailand (not so much from drunken sex tourists though). But you are right - on that tight a budget I would rat

If that is 2 eggs what the fuck happened to them ?

Posted Images

Some foods don't look good in photos. Biscuits and gravy is one of them. Better pics snatched from the Internet:

Biscuits-and-gravy.jpg

Yummy!

We are still talking breakfast right?

You guys over the pond sure eat some crap for breakfast..... in the UK it is the only meal we excel at.

Gotta go, my grits is ready.

grits.jpg

Edited by jacko
Guest Fatboyfat

We are still talking breakfast right?

You guys over the pond sure eat some crap for breakfast..... in the UK it is the only meal we excel at.

Gotta go, my grits is ready.

post-1021-0-38047900-1334446688.jpg

Gotta agree with that, those specimens above are pretty repulsive....although they did invent "Eggs Benedict" which imho is the best brekky of all. Still, I imagine black pudding or groat / hogs pudding from the West country are probably equally unappealing to most Americans.

Gotta agree with that, those specimens above are pretty repulsive....although they did invent "Eggs Benedict" which imho is the best brekky of all. Still, I imagine black pudding or groat / hogs pudding from the West country are probably equally unappealing to most Americans.

I know they are repelled by the concept of black pudding, so we each have our differences.

Let's keep it basic eh, fried eggs, bacon, mushrooms and toast.

Porridge on Fridays..... salt or sugar sir?

I prefer a bowl of oatmeal.

Hello guys,

Here are detailed reports of (cheap) ABF in Pattaya. The original is Japanese though.

The author seems recommending Sailor bar.

I would try LK Metro in next visit.

Food Land & Cool House

--------------------------

http://translate.google.co.jp/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=ja&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fstaythai.livedoor.biz%2Farchives%2F3988066.html

BOAT & Sailor bar

--------------------------

http://translate.google.co.jp/translate?hl=ja&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fstaythai.livedoor.biz%2Farchives%2F4000569.html

> Cheapest Breakfast in Pattaya?

Khao Mok Gai : 35 baht on Eating Street (South Rd)

Close at about 6:30am though...

b219722417.jpg

I doubt if I'll make it by 6:30 am, unless I'm out all night & happen by, but I would go for that.

I'm surprised no one has found a good Khao Tom shop in Pattaya, there are bound to be a bunch.

• Upvote 1

Tried the restaraunt next to shagwell mansion a couple of days ago,with gf and stepson.We all had 3 brekkies,the small boy,at 99 baht each,with tea or coffee,a nice glass of orange, 1 toast with marmalade.Poached,fried or scrambled egg was available too.Must say the food was lovely,well cooked and tasty,with the sausage and bacon very nice.

A great bargain except for the service was a bit slow,but it was packed.The big boy brekkie at 120 baht is an amazing deal but i couldnt eat all that for breakfast.Try it out as they have specials every day too,noticed the beef stew at 59 BAHT FFS.

Biscuits-and-gravy.jpg

Sorry Evil still looks like my Jack Russell Terrier threw up his rice pudding Sunday treat. :llaugh

Guest Fatboyfat

Well after all that I reckon the Irish Rover's effort at 99 Baht wins hands down ! It has to be a fairly low profit, or even a "loss-leading" venture tho' !

• 1 month later...

Boat Restaurant Second Road Pattaya

I had breakfast at the Boat restaurant on Pattaya Second road a few weeks back and had a breakfast for only 55 Baht which I thought was a decent deal. I got two eggs some bacon and coffee which at that time in the morning was all I needed. Since then the price has changed to only 60 Baht.

Here are some photos:

20120117_091951.jpg

That breakfast has gone up by 11 baht in 3 1/2 years and is still cheap.

DSCF0650.JPG

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well after all that I reckon the Irish Rover's effort at 99 Baht wins hands down ! It has to be a fairly low profit, or even a "loss-leading" venture tho' !

Have to agree with u there.Went with my partner yestefrday and had the 99 baht one,the best value for money i have ever seen in 9 years here.They have a 79 baht brekkie too,probably better for me as the 99 baht was huge for an early brekkie.Not been in the place for a good while since Dom left but looks like a decent sports bar,and was impressed with the big stoke city flag too lol

• 2 weeks later...

try our Blackpudding on our 140 bart Breakfast .. the Devonshire formally le katai on soi lenkey across from opay de place ... our black pudding is the best ive every had any where it was so good i changed supplier :)

Makes a change from bath I suppose.....

Always fun to see a spelling error pointed out with another one, e.g he said "Bart" (not meaning the Simpson character I suspect) which you point out as wrong by using "bath" , which is quite a heavy and unwieldy currency indeed. Luckily Baht come in notes and coins.

But I was highlighting a less common error with the more popular error.....

I used to think "bath" was when the spellchecker/autocorrect kicked in,but maybe not....

Boat Restaurant Second Road Pattaya

I had breakfast at the Boat restaurant on Pattaya Second road a few weeks back and had a breakfast for only 55 Baht which I thought was a decent deal. I got two eggs some bacon and coffee which at that time in the morning was all I needed. Since then the price has changed to only 60 Baht.

Oh, Boat Bakery has sent me to the doctor on several occasions. I would never eat there again. 80 baht for a meal, and 500 baht for medication. Not a good deal to me. I look more for the best breakfast in Pattaya over the cheapest.

bath bart Baht B ....come and try our Breakfast we do a small breaky at 100 bath and a large breaky at 140 B we even do a steak breakfast at 179 bart :)

The Devonshire formally le Kathai

In many cases you get what you pay for.

The Sportsman, Pig and Whistle both do outstanding breakfasts.

And yes I have tryed Crzy Daves...twice once when I was pissed (it tasted fine) once when I was sober.... :scared:

• Upvote 1
  • 5 years later...

bath bart Baht B ....come and try our Breakfast we do a small breaky at 100 bath and a large breaky at 140 B we even do a steak breakfast at 179 bart :)

The Devonshire formally le Kathai

Do you still run The Devonshire Tim? How can I get in touch about reservations?