Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Been staying at Maxx over 5 mnths now,have already rebooked for a further 6 mnths

starting in October.

The place is good value for a longterm stay,im paying 10900 a mnth for basic rent.My electric bill

is usually around 750B,though i use the AC very rarely.Cleaning is 1200B for cleaning and

bedding etc twice weekly.Hardwired internet access is avaulable free of charge.

A mate of mine has just done a months stay,his only complaint was that the matress was too hard

and just couldnt get used to it.Oh and he was quite shocked when his electric came out at 3500B,so

be careful about AC usage.

All in all a good place to stay,tho as with most places there can be small niggles,nowhere is perfect.

Any specific Qs ask away ill try to answer them.

Steve.

Steve.

Thanks Steve that sound good.

Now just to clarify, are you talking about the (slightly) older Maxx Place or the new Maxx Central?

I do have a question. Are there mosquito screens on any/all of the windows. I don't need much aircon instead a light breeze is much better but I hate mozzies.

Also, how big is the pool approx? Enough to do some laps or just to get wet and cool off?

Thanks for your help.

C.

Thanks Steve that sound good.

Now just to clarify, are you talking about the (slightly) older Maxx Place or the new Maxx Central?

I do have a question. Are there mosquito screens on any/all of the windows. I don't need much aircon instead a light breeze is much better but I hate mozzies.

Also, how big is the pool approx? Enough to do some laps or just to get wet and cool off?

Thanks for your help.

C.

Hi,

Im talking about the newer MaxxCentral.

There are no mozzie screens in the apartment i rent,and like you i hate them,infortunately

they love me.So its windows closed for me,i just manage with the overhead fan and very little AC.

The pool isnt very big,maybe 8 to 10 mtrs long but quite narrow,perhps 3 mtrs.However there are

seldom more than 2 or 3 round the pool so you can get a decent swim,unless you are Thorpe

standard lol.

Thanks Steve.

I'll have a look at the place in when I get to Patts in May. I might email them in the mean time and ask if installing mozzie screens is an option. I've done this in the past and split the cost with the owners. Usually the window frames allow easy installation but owners don't always like installing them in rental properties as they are fragile. And they make less money on the electricity bill.

Have a good weekend.

C.

Been staying at Maxx over 5 mnths now,have already rebooked for a further 6 mnths

starting in October.

The place is good value for a longterm stay,im paying 10900 a mnth for basic rent.My electric bill

is usually around 750B,though i use the AC very rarely.Cleaning is 1200B for cleaning and

bedding etc twice weekly.Hardwired internet access is avaulable free of charge.

A mate of mine has just done a months stay,his only complaint was that the matress was too hard

and just couldnt get used to it.Oh and he was quite shocked when his electric came out at 3500B,so

be careful about AC usage.

All in all a good place to stay,tho as with most places there can be small niggles,nowhere is perfect.

Steve.

Did you use their taxi service.?

• 2 weeks later...

cicero1520, on 08 July 2011 - 06:21 PM, said:

Just spent two months there and found it excellent, best value I have seen.

Ralph is the man there.

5 min walk to Soi boakoa.

Oh and what are the breakfasts like?

I guess I"m the only confused one here, which is easy BTW. I also think that kaiser71 has a clue.

You have stayed there in the past for 2 months, but you are asking question that you should have the answers to.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you should be giving us a review of the place.

LeoTex

• Upvote 1

cicero1520, on 08 July 2011 - 06:21 PM, said:

Just spent two months there and found it excellent, best value I have seen.

Ralph is the man there.

5 min walk to Soi boakoa.

I guess I"m the only confused one here, which is easy BTW. I also think that kaiser71 has a clue.

You have stayed there in the past for 2 months, but you are asking question that you should have the answers to.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you should be giving us a review of the place.

LeoTex

Confused indeed, I am going in May so where you got the idea I have been there for the last 2 months is a puzzle.

I would still like to know what the breakfasts are like at the Maxx.?

Hi,

Im talking about the newer MaxxCentral.

There are no mozzie screens in the apartment i rent,and like you i hate them,infortunately

they love me.So its windows closed for me,i just manage with the overhead fan and very little AC.

The pool isnt very big,maybe 8 to 10 mtrs long but quite narrow,perhps 3 mtrs.However there are

seldom more than 2 or 3 round the pool so you can get a decent swim,unless you are Thorpe

standard lol.

Been told if you take vitamin B tablets for two months before you travel and there on after, mosquitos won't bother you as much????? anything's worth a try, going to get some myself as they love me too much!

Been told if you take vitamin B tablets for two months before you travel and there on after, mosquitos won't bother you as much????? anything's worth a try, going to get some myself as they love me too much!

OK here are my tips for avoiding mozzie bites.

1..Always wear repelent when out at night.I use OFF which i get from Foodland.Bright orange red can.

2..Get a mozzie zapper for in your room,about 90B in BigC.

3..Put a cup or small glass over the shower drain and spray with repelent,Sometimes when i check the next day

have caught 12 or more stuck where i sprayed.Also make sure any plug is stoppered.

There have been stories regarding vitamin B,and if you search online the results vary massively.

That remedy is reported to not work.... use a repellent (deet) which does, avoid perfumes.