Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Interesting and also probably true.But its difficult to get an erection over a hotel room.Or a GFE!!!

Also ALL hotel rooms are LT. :bhappy

:thumbup

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sorry to quote your post, my reply is not for you.... but overall... the tough guys according to the hotel prices seems to be soft pussies when the question arises about the fraudulent barfines an

I stayed at SS for 3 weeks in February in their Seaview Room on 7th floor. The day I arrived they gave me a room that smelled like cigarette smoke so I requested a different room. The reply was they w

right on the money with yer assessment Desmond.   I've been staying at the Sandy for many years and always enjoyed the place.   Since the Sandy would never discount their fees for long term stays

I wonder if we crossed paths before dude. I've been a semi-loyal customer for over ten years now, and have seen the price nearly double since my first stay.That said, I understand enough about the economics. I've ceaselessly promoted the hotel to newbies on the board, and aside from one disaster stay with construction and a nasty respiratory infection from air con water I've had fabulous experiences.

Last year I got the member card, for the discount, literally buying into the scheme. I stay in top floor sea view deluxe, and love the view and sunsets from the balcony. Have not found a comparable hotel which "ticks all the boxes".

Making the reservation for my upcoming trip, I'm offered 1600 per night for the deluxe sea view with the VIP membership.

So, please, in all earnestness, all of you who say there are better places for less, please let me know. These are my minimal requirements.

1) Pool

2) Balcony with seaview

3) One block from beach rd

4) Cable

5) Room service

6) Guest friendly

7) Lobby or room safe.

8) Wi Fi

I keep hearing BM's say there are better deals for the money, so please respond and tell us where, and how much, and what amenities.

OBLA DEE BROS

right on the money with yer assessment Desmond.

I've been staying at the Sandy for many years and always enjoyed the place.

Since the Sandy would never discount their fees for long term stays I tried other places that did. I enjoyed some places like the Metro Apts (top notch place esp Room #1) and Pattaya Bay Resort that did offer long term deals and I didn't enjoy some other guest houses and hotels, which will remain nameless...but, I always came back to the Sandy.

booked a standard for me upcoming holiday at 1390 member rate...I think that rate might be up 200b max from 8-10 years ago...clean as a whistle the Sandy is and about as safe as safe can be...they have always employed a fabulous staff that is eager to help you any time they can. I love the place.

Edited by spike
  • Upvote 2

Stayed here a few nights in JAN and my only complaint about the place was on check-in. They kept telling me room wasn't ready. (Since I'd never stayed at the place before, I did ask to just see the room when I first arrived even though not ready.) They gave me a "ready time", and I went off & came back 3 hrs later - room still not ready. Waited in the lobby for ANOTHER hour (with another guy, also waiting for HIS room) - room STILL not ready. They then said "10 minutes please sir". I said, "OK - TEN minutes" - and let him see me check my watch. At the 10 minute mark I finally I told the guy at the desk that either they show me to my room or I was leaving to stay somewhere else - miraculously, at just that VERY moment, my room was ready... It was like, "oh, you're ready to go up to your room now?". All because of the cleaning staff - they weren't waiting for someone to checkout - only for the cleaning girl to get around to it.

Edited by tomcat76

I've visited the Sandy Spring before to check out their rooms and I was very unimpressed. The rooms look very tired and dirty. I just stayed at the Sea Me Spring on Soi 10 and it was pretty good. Only complaint is the room could use some brighter lights. Check it out, has much better prices that Sandy Spring. I could have had a Sea View room for 2200 with the member discount, but chose the deluxe room instead for 1790, I still had a bit of a sea view just on a lower floor. You do have to buy the member card for 300 baht however but it not only lowers the price by 300 baht per night but also there won't be a weekend surcharge. Completely worth it

I'll check out the Sea Me Spring on my next visit, still more expensive than the 1600 baht Balcony Sea View room at Sandy though. Sandy's 7th floor rooms have a nice view for the price.

At Sandy the Internet is free, just ask the front desk daily for a 3 hour free login, if you need more time just ask the front desk ladies and they will always give you an additional login. They are cumulative so if you don't use the 3 hours on one day the login works the next day as well.

For Breakfast try the Haven next to Sandy or as others have mentioned the Sportsman offers breakfast and it's has A/C.

I checked out the new wing at the LK - The Empress. It's on Beach Road and Soi 10 I believe (5 minute walk from Sandy). The newest rooms in the new wing are very nice studios with King beds, safe, etc. No view at all for their discounted price of 2100 baht with Taxes and service the fee goes up to 2500 baht a night. It's not worth the extra baht to me but others might like the place as it is closer to a 4 1/2 star hotel to Sandy's 2 1/2 star in my book.

I sent the e-mail this morning to confirm. Seaview Deluxe, 8th floor, with VIP membership confirmed 1600 per night. I am still waiting for anyone to rise to the challenge of beating this rate with said amenities. JMHO though.

if you book through Agoda you can get some good rates at Sea Me Spring 1 and 2 on soi 10. (I think they may be owned by same group as Sandy Spring) Also look on Agoda as they have many rooms that you can cancel and will not be charged. Be careful with some reservations though because once you pay you cannot cancel and get your money back.

I don't think you can book Sandy Springs through Agoda.

Since the Sandy would never discount their fees for long term stays I tried other places that did. I enjoyed some places like the Metro Apts (top notch place esp Room #1) and Pattaya Bay Resort that did offer long term deals and I didn't enjoy some other guest houses and hotels, which will remain nameless...but, I always came back to the Sandy.

booked a standard for me upcoming holiday at 1390 member rate...I think that rate might be up 200b max from 8-10 years ago...clean as a whistle the Sandy is and about as safe as safe can be...they have always employed a fabulous staff that is eager to help you any time they can. I love the place.

I agree with your final assessment, having stayed there on all my trips. The place is super safe and very well run. Never had anything missing, and their in wall private safes behind the check in desk is the reason I have come always back.

• Upvote 1

I stayed at the sandy many times from 2004-2010, the last few years of which I would stay a month at time for 4 months of the year. Everytime i went it was always a walk in and never booked. The manager there knew me by name and whenever I walked in she would say with a mock roll of the eyes "Mr X i have a room for you....high floor sea view just as you like it". Sometimes I had to move rooms a couple of time but more often they would move others to accomodate me.

Many, many times they went the extra yards for me and whilst I havent stayed there for the past 18 months (as I am in a condo) they still wave and say hello when i wander down the soi and ask me how everything is going.

One thing to note is when you book through the scandi bar you lose the oportunity to claim the discount with the members card as that goes to scandi for their commission.

• Upvote 2

I sent the e-mail this morning to confirm. Seaview Deluxe, 8th floor, with VIP membership confirmed 1600 per night. I am still waiting for anyone to rise to the challenge of beating this rate with said amenities. JMHO though.

How do you get the VIP membership and how much discount does it get you?

I'm staying there right now and I was quoted 1200 baht for my standard no balcony no frills room. That's the membership price. I paid for the membership last year and I think it's good for two years. I don't think you can beat the location depending on your interests and I definitely like the price. I think they may be attempting to go to this membership arrangement and they elevated the non membership price to motivate people to buy the membership. As I recall it was cheap and paid for itself during that stay.

I'm actually trying to make a reservation there presently, and they're asking for my credit card info? Is that normal for them to be charging ahead? (I went through Scandibar last time.)

Boys, boys, boys,what gives :clueless of course vote with your feet!!!!

I have zero tolerance for hotels hiking prices over whats advertised or promised.

I rarely book my entire stay over the net and will NEVER pay for it in full.

What if you get there and they are ripping out the rooms on the floor above you/ building next door/ put you in a room next to noisy mothefukkers?

NFW.

Also I find that apart from high season- which I never go anyway, all hotel rooms are negotiable in price when approached properly.

You dont just waltz in and ask " how much for a room"

You go in during the day and ask to see a room please because you are thinking of changing hotels- ' how long you stay sir " 3/4 days.

They show you a room.You ask- do you have a better room please? They show you another. Grimace a little and say- mmm its a ok room but not really that good. " ok ok I show you best room" if that room is good then ask the price right there in the room, not back at the desk. They say 2000, you say if you can give it to me for 1600 I will stay a week, I have 2 weeks left on my holiday. They think you may stay for 2 weeks any way. Most of the time they will say ok.

So you get a nicer room for a lower price.

Fk taking the max price over the net. :hijack

"

I agree, for several reasons. I book a room for 3 days max. After I arrive, I have the choice of extending my stay, or finding another place I like better. Switching around is not a bad idea. You can find a place that you like better, that is more convenient, or just a better price. You have no idea if since the last time you were in your favorite place if they started noisy construction next door, or management has changed. Keep options open.Just like you can't make plans in Pattaya, don't lock yourself into a room. If it's not the high point of high season, there are always lots of rooms available. Many of those are not available on the internet. Someone in a bar or restaurant may tell you about them, or you may just see a sign as you are walking around town. Try someplace new, you may be glad that you did.,

I also stayed at the SS many times, and I really liked it. However after the price for seaview room exceeded 1500b

( with membership card ) I said NFW :P

My new option is Royal Twins Palace ( 2nd Road, opposite Royal Garden Plaza ) big rooms extremly similiar to the SS, last year with membership card ( and without breakfast - its only till 10:30AM so useless for me ) 1300b for superior room/high season or 1200b/low season, big nice pool, havent idea about wifi, some russians but harmless.

http://www.royaltwinspattaya.com/

Edited by Roko

Danboy- I asked about the membership and was told about the scheme. I costs around 300baht, and offers about a 300 baht discount per day off the published room rate. Brings the price down considerably, though in low season, I have no idea what the purpose is. Hence the "scheme". Any other Americans get the negative connotations I do from that word. I know it's popular, though I still get the willies when I read it somewhere.

Tomcat- I was asked in the e-mail to give credit card to "hold" the room. Not a problem with that, as card is not charged until I check out.

Lovedog- Agree dude, I tend to book a week at a time, as in the past I become bored or miserable or both, I can catch a flight to Phuket or whatever without getting "locked" into a deal.

I also stayed at the SS many times, and I really liked it. However after the price for seaview room exceeded 1500b

( with membership card ) I said NFW :P

My new option is Royal Twins Palace ( 2nd Road, opposite Royal Garden Plaza ) big rooms extremly similiar to the SS, last year with membership card ( and without breakfast - its only till 10:30AM so useless for me ) 1300b for superior room/high season or 1200b/low season, big nice pool, havent idea about wifi, some russians but harmless.

http://www.royaltwinspattaya.com/

Twelve hundred is nice. Easy walk to Beach rd through the mall. Ok.

Does a superior offer a seaview?

Girl friendly right?

Is there a side entrance to avoid the "perp" walk?

Balcony?

Girl friendly right?

Balcony?

In my humble opinion the rooms at Royaltwins looked old and wornout 10 years ago...

The new rooms at Chaba could be got for 800-1000 up until a year ago, lovely pool and on the bus route.

Why stay with any place that jacks up prices.

I usually stayed at a different hotel on every visit and it always felt like I was on holiday in a new place.

Best deals are always walk ins because they know once you walkout that they have lost the business ... never accept their opening offer and always negotiate.

How do you get the VIP membership and how much discount does it get you?

You can get the VIP card at the check in desk at the hotel for about 300 baht. I have had one for several years. The old discount use to be 100 baht a night. I stayed there for 7 to 10 nights each of my 4 trips per year, so the savings would add up. Now since they raised the prices, you get the rooms at the rate before the increase.

I booked the room for my next stay while there except for Christmas/New Years, I book that stay two stays previous because they are just about booked up for the holidays when I'm there in September. The ony time I need a credit card to hold my reservtion is for the Christmas/New Years stay and then I just use a visa cash card that has a $25 US dollar balance on it to hold the room.

They are doing some work to upgrade some of the rooms, but still IMHO, the seaview rooms are nice and also one of the best locations in Pattaya if not the best. Yes the rooms are getting a little old looking, but the only time I spend in the room is with my new best friend for the night and then to sleep.

I agree with Desmond James, the work 'sc

LeoTex

• Upvote 1

Girl friendly right?

Balcony?

Its guest friendly if you have membership card ( IIRC 300c valid 2 years ), reception staff is checking girls id

Maybe there is side entrance but i havent found any.

Balcony is a must for me :) superior rooms are facing north or south ( poolside - my choice ) and offer partial sea view.

201104290085.jpg

In my humble opinion the rooms at Royaltwins looked old and wornout 10 years ago...

They made some renovation last year :)

Edited by Roko

Its guest friendly if you have membership card ( IIRC 300c valid 2 years ), reception staff is checking girls id

Maybe there is side entrance but i havent found any.

Balcony is a must for me :) superior rooms are facing north or south ( poolside - my choice ) and offer partial sea view.

201104290085.jpg

They made some renovation last year :)

So ok, I'll have to have a look. Not to be a pest, but can you inform?

1) Cable?

2) Room Service?

3) In room Safe or front desk?

4) What is IIRC300C- I assume you mean 300 baht for member card?

Any other BM's have experience with this place? Please post if so, I am curious now.

Edited by Desmond Jones

You are welcome :)

1) Cable? -- you mean extra TV channels ? sure, Sophon and many more

2) Room Service? -- every day

3) In room Safe or front desk? -- at front desk

4) What is IIRC300C- I assume you mean 300 baht for member card? -- you are right ( IIRC = If I Remember Correctly )

The prices I mentioned are from April 2011.

Danboy- I asked about the membership and was told about the scheme. I costs around 300baht, and offers about a 300 baht discount per day off the published room rate. Brings the price down considerably, though in low season, I have no idea what the purpose is. Hence the "scheme". Any other Americans get the negative connotations I do from that word. I know it's popular, though I still get the willies when I read it somewhere.

Sorry! I already have the membership. When you said "VIP" membership I thought there was a two tier scheme, worried I was missing out!

...2) Room Service?...

Unless they have recently added a kitchen the food comes from either The Haven or The Sportsman and room service ends

about the time those restaurants close for the day (if not before).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Danboy- Naw, I just like VIP, cause it makes me sound important.

Samsonite- Sandy Spring has a menu, then one from Sportsman, then one from the resturant on the other side of the hotel, and yet another from across the street. Yep, that makes four.

Guest Fatboyfat

Danboy- Naw, I just like VIP, cause it makes me sound important.

Samsonite- Sandy Spring has a menu, then one from Sportsman, then one from the resturant on the other side of the hotel, and yet another from across the street. Yep, that makes four.

Haven has been dropped now. The waiting staff from the Haven refused to bring the food around to the hotel foyer! Hardly surprising to anyone who dines in the Haven, where a couple of the miserable cows seem loath to even bring the food to their own tables!