Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BS. You are free to not go places you know allow smoking. Smokers are free to not go places that don't allow smoking. If you want a naked Thai spinner bouncing on your lap, well, most of those plac

Smoking is an unhealthy addiction of mostly ignorant people who have no consideration for others and take every opportunity to call those "fascists" who refuse to support their disgusting habit. :)

Jacko, I smoke, and I have used these electronic Cigarettes, but only whilst on a flight.   Now if they were any good, or as good as a proper cigarette I would use them all the time, but sadly they

Champagne does not enforce it. Always people smoking in there, at least in the afternoon.

Yes,if there was a place it certainly was ignored, that would be it.

I don't know any GGB in Pattaya that prohibits smoking.

There are not many the main reason I dont go to GoGo Bars.

There is also Super Girl, and i think Super Babe on Walking Street!

Sugar Sugar and Club Blue on soi LK are also N/S.

Shame really especially when in the rest of Thailand, where there are no farang the law is enforced!

There are not many the main reason I dont go to GoGo Bars.

There is also Super Girl, and i think Super Babe on Walking Street!

Sugar Sugar and Club Blue on soi LK are also N/S.

Shame really especially when in the rest of Thailand, where there are no farang the law is enforced!

No, as I posted Super Baby had the ashtrays back, likely his other property Super Girl has followed suit.
  • 3 weeks later...

I would spend more time in a place that bans smoking and have certainly left a few places because they are too smokey.

Ditto. The sooner its outlawed the better. As for Champagne, not only is there smoking but they might also have the worst smoke extraction system in Pattaya.

• Upvote 1

Ditto. The sooner its outlawed the better. As for Champagne, not only is there smoking but they might also have the worst smoke extraction system in Pattaya.

Actually I believe it is 'outlawed' already.

Some major GO-GOs went for a while with a no-smoking policy, but it lost momentum.

I believe even in Bangkok an ashtray can be provided more recently.

It isn't in Thai nature to deprive someone the freedom to do something they want to do..... and we are free to not smoke too in there.

More and more girls are also turning to smoking too.......

Actually I believe it is 'outlawed' already.

Some major GO-GOs went for a while with a no-smoking policy, but it lost momentum.

I believe even in Bangkok an ashtray can be provided more recently.

It isn't in Thai nature to deprive someone the freedom to do something they want to do..... and we are free to not smoke too in there.

More and more girls are also turning to smoking too.......

Jacko, whilst I agree with the freedom thing remember that if I chose not to smoke it affects no one but on the other hand, smokers in an enclosed space affect everyone. I think that its also fair to say that people smoke more in Pattaya than at home due to the cheapness of smokes. I can live with it but if the guy next to you moves away or moves the ashtray from under his nose to under yours, dont get pissed. Its only a non smoker looking for some clean air. I have in fact been threatened for doing this which further bothers me and one guy thew a punch at the Office and the whole issue had to be sorted by security.

You are right in that I also believe that more girls are smoking than in the past but then its reasonably well known that as the West winds down its smokers the tobacco companies are targetting Asia and Africa. This is so sad as I would doubt that even the most hardened smoker would not agree that this is becoming more anti-social, more expensive and is certainly a heath hazzard. Remember that one of the steps that Martin has had to adopt in order to improve his future health is to quit smoking so this is not just a publicity campaign, but a real life and death decision.

The one thing that I think is also a fact of life is that its only a matter of time before clubs etc in Thailand will have to start complying with a law that has been on the books for some years.

Anyway, carry on smoking as curry eaters like me will carry on farting and making horrible smells. :bhappy :bhappy :bhappy

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Errr....I don't smoke!

• 2 weeks later...

I've never figured out why people travel around the world to visit a country that doesn't enforce their nanny state laws so we can experience a little freedom, like not enforcing the laws against prostitution, nudity in bars, etc, but then are offended when they also don't enforce the law against smoking in the bars.

• Upvote 2

I've never figured out why people travel around the world to visit a country that doesn't enforce their nanny state laws so we can experience a little freedom, like not enforcing the laws against prostitution, nudity in bars, etc, but then are offended when they also don't enforce the law against smoking in the bars.

Because i for one dont want to breathe in other peoples shite.
  • Upvote 1

Because i for one dont want to breathe in other peoples shite.

You breath it no matter what. You only see the smoke. but you still breath their breath.

They have banned nudity in bars in other countries...... USA/UK/Europe/ Australia?

Smoking in Gogos doesn't really bother me (much) but I worry about the staff that are exposed to it day in and day out.

Surely, that's the real intent behind the laws.

Good point and one that I wonder about as well. The poor staff must smell like ash trays by the end of the nights and the state of their lungs; well i hate to think.

They have banned nudity in bars in other countries...... USA/UK/Europe/ Australia?

I was pointing that its illegal in Thailand, but they turn a blind eye to that as well.

I had this discussion with my brother.....

If it is about freedom, where is my freedom as a non-smoker.

It isn't about freedom..... bury that chestnut.

It is about consideration for others, or selfish attitude.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I had this discussion with my brother.....

If it is about freedom, where is my freedom as a non-smoker.

It isn't about freedom..... bury that chestnut.

It is about consideration for others, or selfish attitude.

BS. You are free to not go places you know allow smoking. Smokers are free to not go places that don't allow smoking. If you want a naked Thai spinner bouncing on your lap, well, most of those places also allow smoking. You are free to make the tradeoff.

Keep your slippery slope to western nanny state fascism back in your home country.

Edited by tko
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6