Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I suppose he would have struggled to blame second hand smoke prior to his diagnosis.

I am perplexed why smokers don't chose to use these electronic cigarettes when in a bar, which are cheaper and do not impact those around them.

Your association of the smoking ban being the demise of pubs in the UK is creative. By that logic nobody would use planes and airports.

Jacko, I smoke, and I have used these electronic Cigarettes, but only whilst on a flight.

Now if they were any good, or as good as a proper cigarette I would use them all the time, but sadly they are vile and give me a sore throat. Banning smoking in the pubs in England have contributed to the demise of the Great British Pub, without a doubt, thats the reason I hardly ever bother now, but the plus side to that coin is, I save more money by not going out as regular as I used too and I buy a flight to LOS where I can smoke away to my hearts content. We all have our flaws mate, I like a cigarette, but I dont flaunt it in somebodys face, I never light up in restaurants, and usually smoke outside, (not as cold as England), having said that, go-go Bars are different, and if they allow me to light up, I will.

A guy at work once got smoking banned in the porto-cabin, so as per usual every Sat night he would come in with his curry, but not the Saturday AFTER he got smoking banned, he tried too,

Me ''what do you think you are doing with that''

Him ''I'm gonna eat my curry J''

Me ''Not in here your not''

Him ''Oh come on J, its raining outside''

Me ''So it is, eat it in your car then''

Him ''Can't, the mrs needs it, she's taking the kids to the pictures''

Me ''Looks like your gonna get fuckin wet then doesn't it''

Him ''This isn't fair''

Me ''Life usually isn't, now outside with that stinking tripe''

Now I love curry as much as my mate, but I made him eat it outside to prove a point on how it is to be told on what to do, in the end we all came to a compromise and never lit up at break times, we enjoyed our cigarette in peace, and my friend got to eat his curry on a Saturday night in peace, :thumbup

This is a topic that will undoubtly go on & on & on, ex smokers are the worst kind, they will bitch about the badness of it, (something they never considered whilst they smoked) and the smokers will go on about it being their choice, there are no winners, both are right in their own ways and both are also wrong.

Edited by jamie392305
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BS. You are free to not go places you know allow smoking. Smokers are free to not go places that don't allow smoking. If you want a naked Thai spinner bouncing on your lap, well, most of those plac

Smoking is an unhealthy addiction of mostly ignorant people who have no consideration for others and take every opportunity to call those "fascists" who refuse to support their disgusting habit. :)

Jacko, I smoke, and I have used these electronic Cigarettes, but only whilst on a flight.   Now if they were any good, or as good as a proper cigarette I would use them all the time, but sadly they

A bit of compromise goes a long way, if I have smoke coming to my face, then the smoker is failing to do that, and being inconsiderate.

Sadly that happens all too often.

Asking smokers to hold their stick away from me often brings aggressive response, I find that very selfish.

Perhaps banning smoking has put smokers off from attending pubs in the UK, although when I am there, plenty seem to congregate at the door to satiate their addiction. But you look inside to a cleaner environment where people can dine and bring their children. I certainly do not believe children should be subjected to smoke, and have nothing but disdain for parents who subject them to their habit, sadly too many do. Isn't that the height of selfishness when you affect your own offspring's health? As an asthmatic friend told me once.

I also believe smoking contributed to putting my father and grandfather into their graves prematurely..... and I know many others to whom that could be attributed. They hadn't had the warnings you see in modern times, those that still do not heed the advise to quit are singularly short sighted.

If you can handle the sore throat for a bit, try those electronic cigarettes for all your indoor fixes, a regular cigarette between bars could be had, and of course in outdoor BBs. I am sure a little sore throat hurts less than throat cancer.

A bit of compromise goes a long way, if I have smoke coming to my face, then the smoker is failing to do that, and being inconsiderate.

Sadly that happens all too often.

Asking smokers to hold their stick away from me often brings aggressive response, I find that very selfish.

Perhaps banning smoking has put smokers off from attending pubs in the UK, although when I am there, plenty seem to congregate at the door to satiate their addiction. But you look inside to a cleaner environment where people can dine and bring their children. I certainly do not believe children should be subjected to smoke, and have nothing but disdain for parents who subject them to their habit, sadly too many do. Isn't that the height of selfishness when you affect your own offspring's health? As an asthmatic friend told me once.

I also believe smoking contributed to putting my father and grandfather into their graves prematurely..... and I know many others to whom that could be attributed. They hadn't had the warnings you see in modern times, those that still do not heed the advise to quit are singularly short sighted.

If you can handle the sore throat for a bit, try those electronic cigarettes for all your indoor fixes, a regular cigarette between bars could be had, and of course in outdoor BBs. I am sure a little sore throat hurts less than throat cancer.

Never bothered me about getting an aggresive response from people.I still wont put up with it.

Never bothered me about getting an aggresive response from people.I still wont put up with it.

Well I am not a particular tough guy type and there seems to be some tightly wound people in the Pattaya bars. Edited by jacko

Well I am not a particular tough guy type and there seems to be some tightly wound people in the Pattaya bars.

Im not a tough guy either Jacko,but if i go out for an enjoyable evening i dont want someone spoil it just because they dont want to move their fag to the other side of them.
Guest Fatboyfat

On a slightly more light-hearted tack. I too witnessed an Asian customer in SuperBaby (I think), being asked by a fairly abrupt Dutchman to extinguish his ciggie. The Asian immediatly did so, with a smile and apology....and then almost instantly lit up another one. Dutchman starts to go nuts, and Asian says words similar to "What!; This one no good too?", smile never leaving. Dutchman moves to another seat shaking head, exasperated, and peace breaks out! I have to wonder whether the Asian guy (Korean I think) was being serious or not.

• Upvote 2

On a slightly more light-hearted tack. I too witnessed an Asian customer in SuperBaby (I think), being asked by a fairly abrupt Dutchman to extinguish his ciggie. The Asian immediatly did so, with a smile and apology....and then almost instantly lit up another one. Dutchman starts to go nuts, and Asian says words similar to "What!; This one no good too?", smile never leaving. Dutchman moves to another seat shaking head, exasperated, and peace breaks out! I have to wonder whether the Asian guy (Korean I think) was being serious or not.

Sounds like a pretty slick 'fuck you'.... :D

Someone left a smouldering cigarette in an ashtray under my nose once when I was having my male PMS and I added beer.....

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

from my experience, i didn't see any of them!

No, even the very few we did have have given up on the restriction.

Not in Thai nature to impose the rules, other than paying the bill.

We now have to rely on the consideration of smokers not to do so in an enclosed environment..........