Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Translation needed

Need to know what product the photos below are... I know what I need but not sure if this is it lol. Don't want to give any hints tho as I don't want anyone guessing... a wrong guess would ruin a perfectly good pie ;)

Frosty

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1332229173894.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1332229204386.jpg

Jane says that it is cream. I'm thinking condensed milk.

• Downvote 1

It's marketed as Carnation Evaporated Milk. You can find an explanation of what it is by searching for that phrase.

For example, http://www.nestleprofessional.com/united-states/en/BrandsAndProducts/Brands/NESTLE_CARNATION/Pages/default.aspx

I'm not a baker, but I think it's a thick cream like solution. My gf says it's used for making things like fruit shakes (she's not a baker either).

From the Nestle site:

What is evaporated milk? Evaporated milk is fresh unsweetened, homogenized milk that is heated to remove 60 percent of its water. Vitamin D is added for extra nutritional value. CARNATION Evaporated Milk offers more than twice the protein and calcium of whole milk.

Perfect. Thats what I was shooting for.

The problem was there were 2 almost identical cans... one was evaporated (what I needed, and what I bought), and the other Condensed. I needed evaporated...The other can seemed much heavier and thicker contents, so I assumed that was condensed.

Was fairly certain because the only english wording on the whole thing is "Carnation Evap Extra"... but wanted to be sure.

Making my grandmothers recipe Pumpkin Pie... and really dont want to fuck it up lol

Thanks MM

Oh, and ya... before someone says it... no I could not just open it and check, because I doubt I will ever be able to tell the difference between the several different types of baking milk. Maybe after I use each once... but I never have, so ... :D

Oh, and ya... before someone says it... no I could not just open it and check, because I doubt I will ever be able to tell the difference between the several different types of baking milk. Maybe after I use each once... but I never have, so ... :D

Yeah I think Carnation do 2 different types. One is evaporated milk, the other 'condensed' is thick and highly sweetened if I recall.

The Carnation Evap was standard fare at the jacko household after the Sunday roast, served over jelly and tinned pears, and quite delicious.

I remember my mother saying that either cream or evaporated milk could be used in pumpkin pie, but that evaporated milk gives a better consistency as it isn't as sensitive to heat as cream, so the pie filling isn't as prone to develop cracks due to a slight unevenness in the oven's temperature.

Sweetened condensed milk is a much different product. Very thick and highly sweetened, much like a pudding even straight out of the can. Sweetened condensed milk is a main ingredient in key lime pie.

Evil

:devil

Perfect. Thats what I was shooting for.

The problem was there were 2 almost identical cans... one was evaporated (what I needed, and what I bought), and the other Condensed. I needed evaporated...The other can seemed much heavier and thicker contents, so I assumed that was condensed.

Was fairly certain because the only english wording on the whole thing is "Carnation Evap Extra"... but wanted to be sure.

Making my grandmothers recipe Pumpkin Pie... and really dont want to fuck it up lol

Thanks MM

Mmmm pumpkin pie...haven't had it in so long. If you are having any extras I would be sure to come get some. :lsmile

Thanks Evil... I didn't know that.

My grandmother is dead now, a long time past... but I had my sis copy her recipe down for me... Was a pain finding a couple of the spices, but I managed to find it all... and the recipe explicitly calls for Evaporated milk... so I didnt want to substitute anything else. She made one hell of a pie back in the day :D

You can tell the difference as its quite apparent

• Upvote 1