Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

30 day visa Question

entering thailand gives me a 30 day visa

if I leave thailand via air within that 30 days for 4 or 5 days

do they give you another 30 days if I re enter within the same month ??

entering thailand gives me a 30 day visa

if I leave thailand via air within that 30 days for 4 or 5 days

do they give you another 30 days if I re enter within the same month ??

Yes....

You actually get a 30 day permission to stay (not a visa).

Leaving and returning by air will just get you another one, 30 days.

Along the same lines but to be a bit more specific, is there a certain amount of time you must be out of the country before you can return and receive another 30 day permission. For example could I find a relatively short flight out of the country and just turn around and return to Bangkok the same day I left and still get another 30 day permission without a problem. Or do I have to stay away at least one day or more before returning?

Along the same lines but to be a bit more specific, is there a certain amount of time you must be out of the country before you can return and receive another 30 day permission. For example could I find a relatively short flight out of the country and just turn around and return to Bangkok the same day I left and still get another 30 day permission without a problem. Or do I have to stay away at least one day or more before returning?

At the moment no, as long as you travel by air. There were restrictions some time past, but now it applies to re-entering at the border. Of course an immigration officer always has the right to refuse or restrict stay!

As the famous Joekicker always used to say, why not get a visa. A multiple entry tourist visa is easily obtained from your home country......

Edited by jacko

Hi Jacko,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was planning to get the multiple entry tourist visa as I am planning to spend about 75 days in Thailand this June, July and August. What I have picked up from some research is I can get a 60-day tourist visa and then appy for a 30 day extension. But I have recently been reading that when applying for the 60-day tourist visa they may now require evidence of an air ticket (not a problem) and hotel reservation covering everyday one plans to stay in Thailand. Maybe there is some way to cover the second requirement about hotel stays, but I have no idea what hotel I will be staying for each and every day. This is a new requirement according to my understanding, or at least an old requirement that was not previously enforced, but is now being enforced.

I am not sure of all this as I am doing more reading and research on the topic. But if true, I just might use the 30 day permission and take a short flight out of country and then return quickly; either the same day or after one night out of country.

Hi Jacko,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was planning to get the multiple entry tourist visa as I am planning to spend about 75 days in Thailand this June, July and August. What I have picked up from some research is I can get a 60-day tourist visa and then appy for a 30 day extension. But I have recently been reading that when applying for the 60-day tourist visa they may now require evidence of an air ticket (not a problem) and hotel reservation covering everyday one plans to stay in Thailand. Maybe there is some way to cover the second requirement about hotel stays, but I have no idea what hotel I will be staying for each and every day. This is a new requirement according to my understanding, or at least an old requirement that was not previously enforced, but is now being enforced.

I am not sure of all this as I am doing more reading and research on the topic. But if true, I just might use the 30 day permission and take a short flight out of country and then return quickly; either the same day or after one night out of country.

Well I haven't applied for a tourist visa for a while but I previously liked the fact I could get 90 days /entry. I haven't heard that the application requires all this information... in fact I just looked at the form (UK Hull Thai consulate) and certainly those details were not required..... but coming on a 30 day entry, and a day or 2 side trip can also be fun. The landing card asks you where you will stay, but I haven't heard of people having to show a confirmed reservation at the airport.

Yes, and the Tourist Visa application form asks for a "contact" in Thailand as well. I've asked around and never received a useful answer as to whose name to use if you don't happen to know a Thai national who knows you well enough to act as a reference or vouch for you. It's a TOURIST visa for Pete's sake! Why do I have to have a reference?!

I did 60 day tourist visas, last few years via Thai BNE consulate. In prior email inquiry they asked for flight details to be supplied, however I didn't have to supply accom, or contact details. The visa for was generic for a couple of types of visa, so that may be a source of confusion.

As for hotel address on arrival form, I just wrote a hotel I'd stayed at before if I didn't have anything booked.

It's a contact number for you that they want, not a contact reference of someone in Thailand.

If you have a Thai number, put that in. If not then enter your USA number with International code

I did 60 day tourist visas, last few years via Thai BNE consulate. In prior email inquiry they asked for flight details to be supplied, however I didn't have to supply accom, or contact details. The visa for was generic for a couple of types of visa, so that may be a source of confusion.

As for hotel address on arrival form, I just wrote a hotel I'd stayed at before if I didn't have anything booked.

Yes similar to the UK... for some strange reason the USA application requires these references of someone in Thailand.

( Try Daeng c/o Corner Bar, Soi 6)

It's a contact number for you that they want, not a contact reference of someone in Thailand.

If you have a Thai number, put that in. If not then enter your USA number with International code

Not sure why you can say that, here is the actual form.thaivisaUSA.pdf

Not sure why you can say that, here is the actual form.thaivisaUSA.pdf

Right there in black & white Jacko. Actual Section 5 from your actual form: "Reference person and address in Thailand".

While we're at it, can multiple entries be requested on a Tourist Visa (up in Section 1)? Or is that only for Non-Imm visas?

Right there in black & white Jacko. Actual Section 5 from your actual form: "Reference person and address in Thailand".

While we're at it, can multiple entries be requested on a Tourist Visa (up in Section 1)? Or is that only for Non-Imm visas?

My post was directed at the person I quoted, in support of your comments. :banghead

My post was directed at the person I quoted, in support of your comments. :banghead

Oops. My apologies.

There's an outfit trying to persuade me that a 1-yr Non-Imm O visa is the way to go for me, but given what the consulate website says, I don't see how since there's no "family visiting" nor NGO volunteer work involved in my travel at all.

Oops. My apologies.

There's an outfit trying to persuade me that a 1-yr Non-Imm O visa is the way to go for me, but given what the consulate website says, I don't see how since there's no "family visiting" nor NGO volunteer work involved in my travel at all.

These were very popular for UK guys years ago as they were easily obtained at a particular consulate. I had a few myself and was very happy.....

If you are over 50, you can get a conversion from another type of visa, ie a tourist to a Non_Imm O in Thailand, in preparation for the retirement extension.

I agree looking at the requirements in the USA for a Non-Imm O Multi it doesnt appear they want to give them out easily. There has been some tightening up on issuance of these visas.

Edited by jacko

Easiest for me is the 60-day double entry visa. It can be turned into a 6-month stay with no drama. Day 59 go to Imm and extend 30 more days for 1900 baht which is cheaper than an air ticket. Then exit Thailand when the extension expires. Because its a proper visa it does not matter if you re-enter by air or land, you get your second 60 days which you can extend a further 30 for 1900 baht. Don't know why more guys don't do this instead of pissing about trying to extend 30 day entry permits.

Edited by JohnnyK
  • 5 months later...

So on one can answer this "references" question? The form IS multi-purpose, i.e., used for the other kinds of visas as well as Tourist visa; can this just be left blank for a Tourist visa application maybe? (LA form actually uses the word "guarantor"; forms from the other consulates say "reference")?

I live in the Philippines now and am a American and was wondering If I went to the Thailand Embassy in Manila can I get a visa there?

Yes. Any Thai Consulate (not embassy but many of them have a consular department inside) in the world. Except in Thailand where there are none.

Easiest for me is the 60-day double entry visa. It can be turned into a 6-month stay with no drama. Day 59 go to Imm and extend 30 more days for 1900 baht which is cheaper than an air ticket. Then exit Thailand when the extension expires. Because its a proper visa it does not matter if you re-enter by air or land, you get your second 60 days which you can extend a further 30 for 1900 baht. Don't know why more guys don't do this instead of pissing about trying to extend 30 day entry permits.

Good point. The Thai consulate in Toronto does these the same day so other than the money which might be part of it, 60 day double entry or some non hassle O type visa makes more sense than 7 or 15 day extensions, since you can only get one then it is back and forth to the border which cannot in the long run (or the short run) be cheaper than a visa.

Many smaller cities in the US,like MIAMI,have honorary consulates,usually at a law office.The Miami location,actually in Coral Gables,was only open 1 day a week for 4 hours or so.They have recently relocated to another law office nearby and they are open 4 days a week for 4 hours each day.

Retirement O visas are ONLY available in Washington DC,NYC,Los Angeles & Chicago.

thaiconsulatemiami.com

Edited by bigdelta

So on one can answer this "references" question? The form IS multi-purpose, i.e., used for the other kinds of visas as well as Tourist visa; can this just be left blank for a Tourist visa application maybe? (LA form actually uses the word "guarantor"; forms from the other consulates say "reference")?

I have gotten six multi-entry 60 tourist visas (most recent was at the beginning of August) at the Thai consulate in New York City and have never filled in the section on a reference in Thailand. The consulate officials have never said a word about it.

The visa form you print out is used for several types of visas and a reference or guarantor may be needed in some cases, but I have never been asked to provide any such info. Nor have I been asked to prove I had a return flight or a place to stay.

However, there was a hippie-looking guy - not a U.S. citizen - who the consular officials were giving a hard time when I was there in August. They demanded all sorts of documentation from him just for a tourist visa - flight, proof he had at least 20,000 baht, hotel info, etc. He got pissed when I walked up to the window next to his, handed over my passport, application and $80 and was told my visa would be ready the next afternoon.

He started yelling about why they hadn't asked me for the same documentation as him. Not a good move on his part.

Evil

:devil