Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Bangkok on Vietnam Airlines £425......

Never flown them but noticed recently they were starting up out of London Gatwick.

Playing around with dates as they don't fly everyday comes up with £425 or slightly less with a host of websites via Travel Supermarket.

Superb timings out of Gatwick mark this one out as an Airline to try.

Using 777's for the long haul and A321 for the short hop.

Anyone with Long Haul Experience on them ??

Edited by chatkeow

Pretty good price. What dates are you using? I can't see prices under £1,000 :(

I think I put in Brian 5th May to June 9th.

You gotta play around because although I haven't checked I think departures are only 3 days a week. I stand to be corrected on that.

If you use Westeast Southall Travel and Travel Supermarket they give option to click 3 days "departure gate" and no doubt others do as well.

I was putting random dates and had 5 or 6 different combinations all between £423 and £440. The fact that it leaves Gatwick at 13.30 is ideal especially for me coming up from Plymouth....

Ahhhh, taxes not included. :(

What you on about !! Stacks there yesterday !

£425 including taxes. Southall travel Westeast travel and Supermarket Travel all quoting the same gave or take £5. If seats are not available than play around with dates. Could have been last day of promotion if prices are vastly increased today.

I doubt there is anyone on this forum who has taken more economy returns to Thailand so if the price I quoted, available yesterday was £425, than that was bottom line price.

All 3 of the above named providers show full inclusive price in headline figures on quotation and always have done.

Edited in.......

Vietnam Airlines Departures April 1st till December 8th 2012........Fare £60 plus taxes via Westeast Travel.

Edited by chatkeow

These flights are via Hanoi? That must put an extra couple of hours on the journey. I'd rather pay the extra money and fly via the Middle East.

Edited by Siam Sam

Slightly OT, but do hotels in Viet Nam really still collect your passport when you check-in (and keep it 'til you check out)? Or is all that just in the hinterlands? Can it be avoided by carrying photocopies? I HATE to have my passport out of my possession for ANY reason, and I've even heard that they DO occasionally get misplaced by careless hotel employees in VN as a result of this.

Slightly OT, but do hotels in Viet Nam really still collect your passport when you check-in (and keep it 'til you check out)? Or is all that just in the hinterlands?

I was in HCMC recently and the hotel there did not want to keep my passport (unless I wasn't prepared to give them an imprint of my credit card for potentially charging mini-bar purchases).

• 4 weeks later...