Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Etihad Airlines cut mileage accrual in half

For all but the most expensive economy tickets, mileage will be cut in half from June 2012. :angry2

I had the email this morning too.I have enough airmiles for one way flight back to uk but then thats it.About 6 months ago they doubled the amount of miles needed for their flights.Etihad used to be one of the cheapest airlines now they are one of the most expensive.

Once i have had my free flight that will be it with them.

I had the email this morning too.I have enough airmiles for one way flight back to uk but then thats it.About 6 months ago they doubled the amount of miles needed for their flights.Etihad used to be one of the cheapest airlines now they are one of the most expensive.

Once i have had my free flight that will be it with them.

I too got the email, but I don't agree that Etihad are the most expensive. I just bought my next ticket from them as they were the cheapest, well of the carriers I will consider. (Biz class to UK).

The new earning ratios are:

Cabin

Fare Class

Earning Ratio

Coral Economy Class

E, U, V, L, Q, M, K

50%

H, B, Y

100%

Pearl Business Class

W, D,

130%

C, J

175%

Diamond First Class

R

180%

A, F

250%

Edited by jacko

Dear

We would like to inform you of the following changes that we are making to the Etihad Guest programme as of 01st June 2012.

- Earning Etihad Guest Miles:

Since the launch of the programme, Etihad Guest members have earned the same number of miles, irrespective of the fare paid, within a given cabin.

Following a number of changes to our fare structure, the number of Etihad Guest Miles earned will now be dependant of the fare class.

Please click here for full details on the new earning rates.

- Charges for Redemption Bookings:

As an Etihad Guest member, you can make a redemption booking using your Etihad Guest Miles at any time in the comfort of your own home by simply logging into your account on www.etihadguest.com/rewardshop.

Our Etihad Guest Service Centre team is also trained to assist you with the process at any time. However, should you wish for the Service Centre team to complete the redemption transaction on your behalf, this will incur a service fee as of 01st June 2012, for our Etihad Guest Base and Silver members. Etihad Guest Gold and Etihad Guest Gold Elite members will be able to use this service free of charge.

This service charge will not apply for services that are not available online.

I too got the email, but I don't agree that Etihad are the most expensive. I just bought my next ticket from them as they were the cheapest, well of the carriers I will consider. (Biz class to UK).

The new earning ratios are:

Cabin

Fare Class

Earning Ratio

Coral Economy Class

E, U, V, L, Q, M, K

50%

H, B, Y

100%

Pearl Business Class

W, D,

130%

C, J

175%

Diamond First Class

R

180%

A, F

250%

I always look at about 10 month return lhr-bkk-lhr.Not the most expensive but not cheap anymore.

I always look at about 10 month return lhr-bkk-lhr.Not the most expensive but not cheap anymore.

Are you saying you still buy your tickets ex UK?

I stopped doing that some years back, about when the cheaper ex-LOS tickets stopped being cheaper. :banghead

The long validity tickets (ie 10 month) surely work out pricey.... short stay ones (up to 3m) bought in LOS, may well save you money.

No they are cheaper buying in the UK.When i buy here in Thailand i always end up on a shitty airline.I can get a 9 or 10 month return with fixed dates for around £600 usually with quite a decent airline.

No they are cheaper buying in the UK.When i buy here in Thailand i always end up on a shitty airline.I can get a 9 or 10 month return with fixed dates for around £600 usually with quite a decent airline.

Looks like you are right, I just looked at Etihad and 33,300 baht (£680) came up.
  • 3 weeks later...

Just booked an economy flight Manchester to BKK with Etihad leaving 22 June for £488 good transfer times. They have a sale till end April.

That is a good price, very good. How are the transfer waits?