Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Eva Air reducing flights ex LHR

Airlines have responded to a decreasing number of passengers by reducing the number of flights rather than ticket prices. They are trying to balance supply with demand while maintaining profit margins at a reasonable level. High fuel and airport costs are a big factor in cutting back on flights.

Evil

:devil

It must be a seasonal thing, whenever I fly with Eva the aircraft is normally 90%+ full, but I do fly November to February. I suppose it is a quiet time from now until the main summer holidays.

• 3 weeks later...

what days of the week are they ceasing?

Looks like Monday and Wednesday, went to Eva and put some dates in, no flights on Monday or Wednesday from LHR to BKK and same on return.

I don't think that is correct. I was due to fly LHR to BKK on Tuesday 29 May but the flight has been cancelled. I am now on the flight the following day - Wednesday.

I don't think that is correct. I was due to fly LHR to BKK on Tuesday 29 May but the flight has been cancelled. I am now on the flight the following day - Wednesday.

I'm sure they'll chop and change to demand, happened to be those days for the dates I entered in April, had a quick look at a week around 16th May and got this

edit: just had a thought could they be cancelling and moving passengers onto other flight? Thai perhaps? Not sure if they have agreement..

Screen Shot 2012-04-28 at 15.35.38.png

Edited by FoxtrotOscar

I'm sure they'll chop and change to demand, happened to be those days for the dates I entered in April, had a quick look at a week around 16th May and got this

edit: just had a thought could they be cancelling and moving passengers onto other flight? Thai perhaps? Not sure if they have agreement..

The EVA website has information up to 24 June. The days on which there are no flights are:

Mon 30 Apr

Wed 2 May

Wed 9 May

Mon 14 May

Wed 16 May

Mon 21 May

Thurs 24 May

Mon 28 May

Tues 29 May

Thurs 31 May

Tues 5 Jun

Thurs 7 Jun

Tues 12 Jun

Thurs 14 Jun

Tues 19 Jun

I'm now dreading flying on 30 May with no flights on the 28th, 29th and 31st.

e-bookers have just e-mailed me to say my flight back to LHR on the 5/9/12 has been cancelled as they have been informed by the airline that there has been a change to my flight(s) due to an operational schedule change the airline has made to their planned flight timings and I have been given 3 options re my booking.

Come back on the 6th . cancel booking with full refund or change the date of travel up to 2 weeks from my original date of departure.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news for any of you guys that fly business class with Eva.

http://www.flightglo...s-seats-371697/

Regards

So when your flight gets cancelled, at least you can sleep it off. :D

If they offered non-stop from Manchester, I would!

• 1 month later...