Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Boat rental to outer islands from Pattaya

i know this has been asked before but how much to rent a speedy boat for the day to get out to these outer islands.

I wonder who is going to win the battle of Dong Tan......will the rooskies run all the poofs off their home turf? I can't see them working and playing together very well.

Edited by Norfloxacin400
i know this has been asked before but how much to rent a speedy boat for the day to get out to these outer islands.

This thread was about renting a boat to Koh Larn

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/topic/54491-speedboat-hire-to-koh-larn/

The other islands are serviced by a few operators out of Ocean Marina or Bali Hai. Some of the Beach Rd speedboats do these tours as well.

Depending on the size of the boat figures tend to be in the range of 9500 to 26000 for 6 to 15 people PLUS 1000 Baht per person.

This works out at between 2500+ and 2700+ per person (with food and limited drinks)

Other larger boats have considerably more range and facilities and can be had from 900 Baht per person (including food and free beer for 36 people) - I'll let you guess where this deal is available.(for 15 pax the comparison price is ~1700 pp)

Secrets also advertise a boat (Mabilia) which operates out of Ocean Marina (it is actually privately owned - not by Secrets). Their advertised prices are 36000 for the boat plus 1500 per person for food and drink ("women - 1000 B) for 15 people (with 7 women) that's 3600+ per person

Cheers :gulp: Admiral Ken

• Upvote 1

Ken, thank you very big for the info, as I was only thinking about a trip for 2 or 4 people it's probably a bit costly. I reckon I would be better off getting a flight to samui or phuket for the same price.

Lots of blokes getting man massages on dong tan beach and plenty of rooskies in VT5C and D clogging up Jomtien. That stretch of Jomtien beach is a no go zone after about 7.30pm.

I don't want to hurt your business, but it is simple not true..... Nowadays I enjoy a group of some germans and a few hungarians,( not the nightmare trip I told you ) we renting out a big boat ( of course more modest, than yours, without the extras you can offer ) We usually meet at 8am.... going to fishing, during the island hop, snorkeling etc. they cook the fishes we catch and we usually catched a LOT...( fish filet orly style, grilled fishes, tom yam pla, fried rice, steamed vegetables, salad, fruits etc... ) relax in the afternoon.. and we return at 5-6pm to the harbor...When we are usually 12-15 persons on the board ( not crowded at all ) we pay on the end of the day 300-350 baht / person for all in all... The only challenge is, to collect 12-15 persons for the tour..

Gabor, please read the comments that I have made and what they are in relation to.

Three examples were given, speedboat rental to the OUTER islands including food and drinks, a large boat rental under the same conditions, and the "yacht" that Secrets falsely claim as theirs.

All 3 examples can be verified by simply using Google to check the prices.

Are you comparing the same things or apples and oranges?

I must say that whilst I have no doubt that your prices of "300-350 per person per day" for 12 people is what you pay, you would be hard presssed to get a lot of operators going to the outer islands for 3600-4200 Baht including food and drinks. For me the fuel costs alone exceed that and other operators have that fixed cost which they cant avoid. Even the el cheapo operators at Bali Hai or Bang Saray charge a minimum of 5000 per day per boat for the near islands. Anyone out of Ocean Marina could not survive on that as it wouldn't even cover the mooring fees.

You wont be hurting my business by using or suggesting those operators. I suggest you use whoever it is as much as you can, with the cost of fuel at the current level and increasing they wont be around for very long to compete.

Gabor,

I've just had anothe renquiry from a group that I'd rather not take on my boat.

Could you call me with the details of your operator please?

This way I can :

• Offload a group that I don't want :D
  • Gain a commission on the deal for both of us :thumbup
  • and speed up the demise of the competition :ninja:

Sounds like a win-win situation to me

• Upvote 1

Are they Hungarian?

Think curry and cricket .... and I dont mean UK :bhappy

We have regular groups of Hungarians, last week was the last time and they have 2 more bookings later this month. Great bunch and not "Cheap Charlie" types at all.

Gabor, please read the comments that I have made and what they are in relation to.

Three examples were given, speedboat rental to the OUTER islands including food and drinks, a large boat rental under the same conditions, and the "yacht" that Secrets falsely claim as theirs.

All 3 examples can be verified by simply using Google to check the prices.

Are you comparing the same things or apples and oranges?

I must say that whilst I have no doubt that your prices of "300-350 per person per day" for 12 people is what you pay, you would be hard presssed to get a lot of operators going to the outer islands for 3600-4200 Baht including food and drinks. For me the fuel costs alone exceed that and other operators have that fixed cost which they cant avoid. Even the el cheapo operators at Bali Hai or Bang Saray charge a minimum of 5000 per day per boat for the near islands. Anyone out of Ocean Marina could not survive on that as it wouldn't even cover the mooring fees.

You wont be hurting my business by using or suggesting those operators. I suggest you use whoever it is as much as you can, with the cost of fuel at the current level and increasing they wont be around for very long to compete.

Ken, I had two problems with your report....

1. The 1000 baht only for the food

2. The big boats.... your boat is the nicest boat I not only enjoyed, but looked in Pattaya with many extra services... and even your boat ( what you told me ) is much cheaper what you mentioned... As I told you before we tried an el cheapo boat and it was a disaster.... The boat the germans invited me floating in front of the Royal Garden, a small boat take us to the board... they are - as I mentinoed before - more modest, than your boat, but an OK service with food and fun...

• 1 year later...

There are a few more options these days, for clarity these are how I see the current options:

For a large Thai style fishing boat with all ammenities Kens site pattayapartyboat.com

There's a small but modern speedboat running out of Jomtien near the kite-boarding place (although personally I wouldn't want a single engined option going to the far islands)

Pattaya Boat Charter http://www.pattayaboatcharter.com that offer large speedboats with full ammenities and diving options etc - they also have a large Sunseeker as well, but then your into really big money!

I think Kens pricing is pretty accurate above, although I doubt the lower end prices are right as there is no way a large speedboat can even get to the far islands and back on 10,000THB of fuel alone.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I don't want to hurt your business, but it is simple not true..... Nowadays I enjoy a group of some germans and a few hungarians,( not the nightmare trip I told you ) we renting out a big boat ( of course more modest, than yours, without the extras you can offer ) We usually meet at 8am.... going to fishing, during the island hop, snorkeling etc. they cook the fishes we catch and we usually catched a LOT...( fish filet orly style, grilled fishes, tom yam pla, fried rice, steamed vegetables, salad, fruits etc... ) relax in the afternoon.. and we return at 5-6pm to the harbor...When we are usually 12-15 persons on the board ( not crowded at all ) we pay on the end of the day 300-350 baht / person for all in all... The only challenge is, to collect 12-15 persons for the tour..

Still doing it?

Still doing it?

Hi.... sadly most of those guys, we organized the trips not coming anymore to Pattaya... But I still have the phone of the boat ... if enough people...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1