Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

How many more times are we going to see this?

This just infuriates me and it is so obvious the police are in on the racket as they are always theprice negotiators. It should be the same as renting a car, you inspect any damage before you hire, sign and if returned in the same condition then no charge. The jet ski operators should be forced to follow this simple procedure, if they don't then no claims for damages. Of course it wouldn't stop them from turning up at your hotel to beat you up. These people are the scum of the earth.

Renting a jet ski isn't exactly high on my list of priorities, but it appears to be one of the experiences that are better indulged in the U.S. than Pattaya. So Pattaya for girls, Florida or California for jet skis.

But for those who enjoy jet ski-ing in Pattaya, is there such a thing as a reputable, no-hassle renter of jet skis? Or is the entire branch an inherent rip-off?

Evil

:devil

Renting a jet ski isn't exactly high on my list of priorities, but it appears to be one of the experiences that are better indulged in the U.S. than Pattaya. So Pattaya for girls, Florida or California for jet skis.

But for those who enjoy jet ski-ing in Pattaya, is there such a thing as a reputable, no-hassle renter of jet skis? Or is the entire branch an inherent rip-off?

Evil

Few years ago my daughter and I rented jet skies in Jomtiem. No problems when we returned them. We stayed at the Pattaya Park Hotel and rented from the guy in back of the hotel on the beach.

One time, in Phuket, they came up with the idea of requiring all jet ski operators to have insurance policies for the jet skis. Any damage and they were supposed to turn in a claim to the insurance, not threaten the poor guy who rented the jet ski. Of course, that would mean no illegal profits for false damage claims, so I don't think that idea worked.

It's best just to stay away from jet skis.

When renting anything, take pictures with your phone of any damage. show them to operator so there is no dispute.

Well most of the jet-ski is under water, and of course that is the trick.

I say just don't rent from them. If the legit operators cry foul, well they should get together and drive the crooks out of the business.

• Upvote 1

When renting anything, take pictures with your phone of any damage. show them to operator so there is no dispute.

That is exactly what I do, rented a scooter on Soi 3, paperwork all sorted, she hands me the keys and I tell her to wait while I photograph every little scratch on the bike. You cannot argue with photographic evidence

Evil

Have rented a number of times the last time was a few years back ,

Myself a forum member Sparky Dave , rented one each at Jomtiem ,

had no problems , can't even remember the guy checking .

which surprise me as Dave shown total disregard for the machine and the lovely lass with him . :shame:

Joe

Edited by gs joe

I must say its nice to go on a jet ski i did rent one in 2003 but not since and ive witnessed the scams about this repeat performances of these evil

jet ski operators

even saw police involved and that didnt help they still had to pay a lot of money discusting although not all jet ski operators are the same !

if your not sure dont rent one because you may as well of bought one the time youve finished your hire if you rent the wrong one ,if you know what i mean

please be carefull

What a joke this is

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/53681/pattaya-jet-ski-operators-arrested-assault-macau-students/

These 2 little cunts look like they only weigh 40 kg

Anyone who thinks that anything will ever be done about this are as stupid as the people who rent these things in the first place.

Edited by simon_cook

What a joke this is

http://www.pattayaon...macau-students/

These 2 little cunts look like they only weigh 40 kg

Anyone who thinks that anything will ever be done about this are as stupid as the people who rent these things in the first place.

They brought the guys in and were interviewing them according to Pattaya One News last night.

Apparently they were 'disrespected'.....

LOL

Like that will matter to these people.

It's simple, don't rent them. Go elsewhere for your watersports (not the Montydog kind) fun.

Renting a Jetski in Thailand is asking for your hansum man fund to be ripped off.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Negotiating at the police station? What the fuck is there to negotiate about? Makes me sick that the entire police station is in on the scam. Feel sorry for the poor lads, they likely never were given a warning not to rent the jet skis because of the scams.

Negotiating at the police station? What the fuck is there to negotiate about? Makes me sick that the entire police station is in on the scam. Feel sorry for the poor lads, they likely never were given a warning not to rent the jet skis because of the scams.

Why are you surprised ?

Thai loves Thai, remember that and you'll have a fighting chance.