Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Lived here in Pattaya 7 years but have not been to Pattaya beach for 4 years after experiencing the discusting condition then. My girlfriends daughter is down from the village so we gave it a go today. I was so shocked at the FILTHY dump. We got a chair, then we approched the waters edge !!! Oh my God what a shock...Bottles, bags, tins, condoms, ect, all covered in a film of oil. Unbelivable, we walked away in disgust and we asked the guy, who was running the deckchairs/bar near the waters edge, WHY was it left like this. ..He just laughed..so funny. Why cant they pay a guy to clean the beach or why dont they clean the area in front of thier buiness. I will never go again. Pattaya council are trying to sell the resort for families. They need to get off thier bums and take a look at the cesspit, then Sort it out.

The local concil do actually send clean up people to the beech each week to clean the rubbsh washed up, if the do that or not is another thing!! they wont pick up anything still in the water. When i want a beech locally, we go to Bang Saray, its about 20 minutes south of Pattaya and much cleaner, the water is warm and the few times i expose my fat ass to the sun and wander in the water, i can usually see my feet while the water is up to my chest. It is more for thais and has matts for you to sit on the sand and the food there is cheap and quite good.

I seriously doubt that many guys go to Pattaya for the beach. In all the years that I have been here, I have NEVER gone swimming in Pattaya Bay. Living in Jomtien, I only went knee deep there. It too is none too clean.

I seriously doubt that many guys go to Pattaya for the beach. In all the years that I have been here, I have NEVER gone swimming in Pattaya Bay. Living in Jomtien, I only went knee deep there. It too is none too clean.

What beach? :bhappy

• Upvote 1

Being here in Jomtien for 7+ months I visited the beach maybe 10 times with mates to see the environment, ( buying oysters, coconut donoughts, full peeled Britishelos for 40 baht and looking for the latest fake watches ) but not to swim...

• Downvote 1

Being here in Jomtien for 7+ months I visited the beach maybe 10 times with mates to see the environment, ( buying oysters, coconut donoughts, full peeled Britishelos for 40 baht and looking for the latest fake watches ) but not to swim...

did u buy a vertu/ seen them but not sure what the price is all about

Even the sand is dirty as hell. While sitting under the umbrellas I dug my feet into the sand and felt disgusted after I looked at the sand. I've never seen dirty oily sand before.

When I go out to sea a bit you see a lot of floating rubbish and get an idea of how bad the problem is.

No bloody fish out there either.

Visited Asia beach last trip went through Cabbages and Condoms to get to it but there is a public access near Asia Beach Hotel.

P1010125 (1024x768).jpg

P1010126 (1024x768).jpg

P1010130 (1024x768).jpg

P1010132 (1024x768).jpg

P1010143 (1024x768).jpg

This is where the public access is at the end of the road. We went swimming, it was clean that day they have a large net out where you swim.

Edited by aussiechic

Even the sand is dirty as hell. While sitting under the umbrellas I dug my feet into the sand and felt disgusted after I looked at the sand. I've never seen dirty oily sand before.

now that is nasty. i've never seen that either

I first visited in 2006. Took a walk along the boardwalk inspecting the beach (and other sights) and walked away declaring the beach off limits. Sounds like some things never change. My last visit I headed straight for Koh Larn for my beach fix.

Thanks for the pics of Asia beach. I knew of it, just never visited. Will check it out next time, as well as Bang Saray.

There are decent beaches around Pattaya. None of them are IN Pattaya

From best to worst:

Koh Larn (very nice, not as good as Phuket but still very nice), Back side beaches facing away from Pattaya are the best, take Twaen Beach Ferry (about 30baht and 45minutes )

Koh Larn, Front side facing Pattaya, take Naban Ferry (about 30baht and 35minutes), There is a 7/11 right at the dock and the main town with restaurants, guest houses etc. The nearest beach (I think) is also my favorite on the island. Naul (Monkey) beach. Feels secluded, lots of coconut trees, semi wild monkeys in trees, not bad snorkeling (you can rent it there). You may need to rent a scooter to get out there. No sure if there are guys who will take you there and pick you up or not.

http://kohlarn.com/schedule.htm

http://www.kohlarn.com/beach.htm

Sunset Beach (?), Take Sukhumvit for about 20 minutes to the next town past Jomtien which is called Na Chom. It's just past that, look for a sign. Nothing special other than nice fine white (ish) sand. Not much around there other than the beach.

Bang Sare, the next town after Na Chom and maybe another 20minutes. Quiet fishing town with a nice long crescent beach and views of Jomtien off in the distance. It's kind of a simple red clay sand type beach that is nothing special but combined with being in a small fishing town atmosphere with a few places to eat makes it a nice day trip.

The beach between Jomtien and Pattaya (Asia Beach?) near Cabbages and Condoms restaurant. Better than Jomtien because not as busy, no traffic etc. Go towards Jomtien and at the top of the hill head towards the water. Look for signs. Keep going till you find the parking lot.

North Jomtien Beach. Where the Road to Jomtien turns and goes along the beach take the pedestrian only path along the beach in the other direction walking back towards Pattaya.

South Jomtien Beach. The long one everyone is familiar with that the baht busses go up and down.

Naklua. Go towards North Pattaya and after the roundabout look for a sign that points towards the water. Not much of a beach but it has big rocks and stuff to crawl around on so kind of interesting.

Pattaya beach. The one everyone is familar with and leads them to think there are no nice beaches anywhere.

Edited by Mr_Hankey

There are decent beaches around Pattaya. None of them are IN Pattaya

From best to worst:

A good useful little summary.......

A little further out, on the Navy base, between Bang Saray and Sattahip, is a beach where foreigners are allowed to go, (well I think they are, I had to leave my Thai driving licence at the guard house), then parked the bike and took a Songtaew over the hill. A nice white sand beach with cold drinks and food sold.....but I have not been for a very long time. I pass it sometimes when out fishing and it looks to be busy with farangs these days, perhaps the Russians staying in outlying hotels like the Ambassador are all going there.

The problem these days is floating rubbish and polluted waters, that extends well beyond Jomtiem and Naklua.

Edited by jacko

I have never used the beach there as I think the sewage is pumped out into the water and I do not fancy catching anything nasty. Koh Larn is a nice place to go to if you want a better beach.

"I seriously doubt that many guys go to Pattaya for the beach. While I agree with you, the tourist authority is targetting a new market, families and couples. I imagine that a clean, safe beach is going to be a priority with these people