Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Can anyone recommend a cheapish convenient way to make a return journey. At the moment if I take a taxi it will cost more than the return flight to Udon, public transport seems to involve about 3-4 changes between Bus- Underground-Sky train etc. Bell Bus doesn’t seem to go near or is there a hotel it goes to with easy access to the “old” airport.

Cheers

Can anyone recommend a cheapish convenient way to make a return journey. At the moment if I take a taxi it will cost more than the return flight to Udon, public transport seems to involve about 3-4 changes between Bus- Underground-Sky train etc. Bell Bus doesn’t seem to go near or is there a hotel it goes to with easy access to the “old” airport.

Cheers

I think you can get a bus from nth pattaya bus station to Morchit bus station for less than 200 baht then probably a taxi from there to don muang which i believe isnt very far.

Edited by ozboy

If you have plenty of time you could go on the train! :D

Best idea is likely go to Swampy and taxi from there.

I think you can get a bus from nth pattaya bus station to Morchit bus station for less than 200 baht then probably a taxi from there to don muang which i believe isnt very far.

This would seem to be the best option, unless you live near the Airport Bus terminal in Jomtien. If so, bus to airport, airport link train to Phaya Thai, then taxi to DM might be better.

1. Bell bus to swampy.

2. Shuttle bus to the airport transport centre

3. Bus no. 554 to Don Muang.

Cheap and easy, 3 hours all in.

But in this heat? Fuck that. Taxi door to door and screw the cost.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the response guy’s. looks like there is no “Cheap & Convenient” way . Want to avoid all the transport changes so looks like I’ll have to bite the bullet and cab it door to door. Is a shared ride so shouldn’t be too bad. :thumbup

Thanks for the response guy’s. looks like there is no “Cheap & Convenient” way . Want to avoid all the transport changes so looks like I’ll have to bite the bullet and cab it door to door. Is a shared ride so shouldn’t be too bad. :thumbup

Like I originally stated Bells plus cab would be about 500 and I guess that this is possibly less than half the cab fare and is almost door to door as its a quick change over from bus to cab at Swampy.

Like I originally stated Bells plus cab would be about 500 and I guess that this is possibly less than half the cab fare and is almost door to door as its a quick change over from bus to cab at Swampy.

Seems the best of the limited options available.

Seems the best of the limited options available.

I think Teelack might have underestimated the Bell bus / taxi option. Its about four years since I got a taxi from central bangkok to suvarnabhumi but always paid between 400-500 baht (could never get the buggers to turn the meter on) so given that DM is further and price increases can't imagine you would get much cheaper than 600-700 baht from Suvarnabhumi to DM. Add on 200 baht for Bell bus and it might be worth checking what someone like Mr T would charge direct from Pattaya to DM (Pattaya -Suvarnabhumi is 900 baht).

Good luck

TG

Edited by tallguy
  • Upvote 1

I think Teelack might have underestimated the Bell bus / taxi option. Its about four years since I got a taxi from central bangkok to suvarnabhumi but always paid between 400-500 baht (could never get the buggers to turn the meter on) so given that DM is further and price increases can't imagine you would get much cheaper than 600-700 baht from Suvarnabhumi to DM. Add on 200 baht for Bell bus and it might be worth checking what someone like Mr T would charge direct from Pattaya to DM (Pattaya -Suvarnabhumi is 900 baht).

Good luck

TG

I've been thinking 300b for a taxi from Swampy BKK, much less Don Muang, was a rather low price. I'd guess 500-700 to DM from Swampy, but of course, it depends on one's negotiating skills :whistling:

From what I gather, Mr. T has an all-inclusive price of 1200b to go from Pattaya to Don Muang. One pickup, one dropoff, no transfers :thumbup

I've been thinking 300b for a taxi from Swampy BKK, much less Don Muang, was a rather low price. I'd guess 500-700 to DM from Swampy, but of course, it depends on one's negotiating skills :whistling:

From what I gather, Mr. T has an all-inclusive price of 1200b to go from Pattaya to Don Muang. One pickup, one dropoff, no transfers :thumbup

MM, no need to negotiate, they have meters, get one from the official stand, :thumbup

Just spoke to a mate who has done the Swamp-DM transfer (from an arriving international flight) via cab(on meter) + tolls + tip, run’s to about 500thb.

Add the bell bus + transfer from mini bus to coach to taxi the hassle and time is not worth it.

Just seems strange that my return flight to Udon comes out at less than 2400thb the price of a taxi to and from the airport.

T.I.T

MM, no need to negotiate, they have meters, get one from the official stand, :thumbup

Just spoke to a mate who has done the Swamp-DM transfer (from an arriving international flight) via cab(on meter) + tolls + tip, run’s to about 500thb.

That sounds about right. The journey is less than 40 clicks so it should be less than 500 Baht, either on the meter or by distance on the rate table.

Surely the very cheapest way is to get a bus from Pattaya to Morchit bus station DM is only a couple of miles from there.Mr T quoted 1400B from Patts to Morchit.

Edited by pattysteve

Good luck

TG

Cheers mate but Mr T is not my favourite operator in Pattaya ever since I turned up at The Westin Grand Sukhumvit squashed into the back of a 3 door Honda Jizz :angry:

Surely the very cheapest way is to get a bus from Pattaya to Morchit bus station DM is only a couple of miles from there.Mr T quoted 1400B from Patts to Morchit.

I’m looking for a “cheapish” not the “cheapest” convenient way. If Mr T is quoting that I’d rather go with The Limo Pattaya for the same price and decent cars and clean sober drivers. :thumbup

**cough**

• Downvote 1