Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Buffet restaurants

Again... no any facts, just innuendos... ask anyone who WAS there on the last year ... and they will agree with me... 105 baht... They may increased their menu, but it isn't change the fact, 1 year ago it was 105 baht....

I doubt they would serve the common folk all you can eat mini lobsters (middens) and giant prawns, scallops and all the other food for 105b...but, maybe they knew you as the celebrity you are and cut you a deal.

Thanks for letting me know what middens are!

If indeed you do get them, giant prawns and scallops (a favourite of mine), at 300 that is still pretty good..... do they ration these expensive items?

Perhaps when Gabor went it was one of these basic pork BBQs where you cook your own entrails and can dump lettuce and cabbage in the soup...... crap.

I do a seafood meal weekly and 2 persons with a big Leo for me normally just under 1000 or just over. That is outside town, I gave up on the over the sea tourist traps when they started taking the piss, and 10 baht for a cold wipe.

If indeed you do get them, giant prawns and scallops (a favourite of mine), at 300 that is still pretty good..... do they ration these expensive items?

Perhaps when Gabor went it was one of these basic pork BBQs where you cook your own entrails and can dump lettuce and cabbage in the soup...... crap.

I do a seafood meal weekly and 2 persons with a big Leo for me normally just under 1000 or just over. That is outside town, I gave up on the over the sea tourist traps when they started taking the piss, and 10 baht for a cold wipe.

You should give it a shot...we ate for a couple of hours...there was no end to the food...I think they had ice cream and some other type of desert, but I never got to it...we shared 6 big bottles of San Miguel with 2 or 3 buckets of ice as well...my portion of the bill including tip was approx 800b...it was a great feed...

I think I saw you in Eagle bar on the afternoon of the big water day on the 19th...but, I may have been mistaken...:)

Not... searched and found a few photos about the 105 baht menu... ( you can see, shrimps and st jacob shells, even rock lobster were on the menu )

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

An other buffet restaurant already only history.... ( nowadays one plate costs 150 - 400 baht in this place )

5.jpg

Edited by Gabor

Not... searched and found a few photos about the 105 baht menu... ( you can see, shrimps and st jacob shells, even rock lobster were on the menu )

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

An other buffet restaurant already only history.... ( nowadays one plate costs 150 - 400 baht in this place )

5.jpg

105 baht or 119 baht Gabor?

Good looking scallop shells, but rock lobster... well they look like cockroaches, and certainly not like lobster.

Not keen on the addition of the word 'rock' to something, a bit of a con, does it actually taste like a rock?

Neat you can pop out pics for everything in your past.

105 baht or 119 baht Gabor?

Good looking scallop shells, but rock lobster... well they look like cockroaches, and certainly not like lobster.

Not keen on the addition of the word 'rock' to something, a bit of a con, does it actually taste like a rock?

Neat you can pop out pics for everything in your past.

105... maybe 119.... to be honest i don't remember.. but something near 100 baht...

Rock lobster taste something similar to the king lobster...just smaller.... no cocroaches at all... I had the rock lobster thermidor in the Nang Nual and it was taste similar...

rocklobster.jpg

Yeah... i can reacall many things with photos..... I learnt my lesson... the secretolodist brigade, the fake logins powered by the cult believers, greedy barowners, married sugar daddies etc.. etc.. tried to discredit me too many times from the beginning... calling my 1000 baht girls the possible fuglies... 6-7 years ago...and when I posted my pix... but this is history... valid still now... to be honest I'm tired to fight with those hyena hordes ... adding nothing to the board, just flame me and the other sober posters...and spread their lies.... If you want them.... OK.. up to you... Good luck....Do your job to rip off the gullible newbies... here will be still many losers, despite of the new internet sources...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I thought a midden was a filthy old slapper.

The common name for them is "Slipper Lobster". Australians call them "Balmain Bugs" or Moreton Bay Bugs" - 2 different species. In Thailand the call them "Rock Lobsters" but on the other hand they call "octopus" & "squid" the same thing here. Thai nomenclature is hardly a shining example.

They taste nothng like American Lobsters or Australian "Rock Lobster" (crayfish),, unless you buy them from the Russian joints over the water at Looking St where the real thing tastes like shit because the original edible flesh has been replaced by something cheaper.

To clear things up regarding the Ninja price discussion:

Ninja like most big Moo Krata places has two options. The standard buffet or a more expensive "piset" selection that includes Tiger prawns and other bigger seafood that can be grilled by the staff on the big bbq in the back.

This is fact on non discussable

Who won the argument now I don't know :ninja:

To clear things up regarding the Ninja price discussion:

Ninja like most big Moo Krata places has two options. The standard buffet or a more expensive "piset" selection that includes Tiger prawns and other bigger seafood that can be grilled by the staff on the big bbq in the back.

This is fact on non discussable

Who won the argument now I don't know :ninja:

Yes I was slightly confused by the 300 baht price and a tab of 800, and presumed it was for 2, with a drink or 3.

I still think these 'rock lobsters' look like something out of an Indiana Jones film that crawls all over the bad guys, the Oz term bugs works.

I have never tried the horseshoe crabs for the same reason, seen plenty at the Chonburi seafood market, but they remind me of the creature in Alien that was suffocating John Hurt.

2 slices short's claim above that some of the over the water places on WS 'replace' lobster flesh with something else is very disconcerting, those lobster strips made from monk fish perhaps. :D

Edited by jacko
Guest Fatboyfat

Jacko... I do recommend you try those Rock Lobsters. I find them to be one of the tastiest shellfish of that type around. Better than the "traditional" lobster IMHO.

• Upvote 1

False.... Somtam 30 baht already 10 year..... I eat it often....

A year ago it was 105 baht.....

Yeah you can still find cheap food of Pattaya 2000's .............. on the boarder with Laos! Geezzzzzzz 105B becomes 119B and .... to be honest i don't remember either! Try saying that when paying the thai cashier!

Jacko... I do recommend you try those Rock Lobsters. I find them to be one of the tastiest shellfish of that type around. Better than the "traditional" lobster IMHO.

I did some years back....... and yes I think I recall that they tasted okay.... although not too much meat.

The places I regularly go for my seafood dinners don't seem to stock them, now and again (rarely) they have regular lobsters. I think the hotels and expensive restaurants get all the stuff that can be sold at a high premium (lobsters, those big crabs and maybe now 'rock' lobster.) They once had these strange looking guys that looked like a cross between a lobster and a tiger prawn and I tried them and was very disappointed, little meat and full of shell like bits.

Due to your recommendation I shall look out for them and take a stroll around the tanks ...... ... generally I just go for shrimp and a grouper fish. Now and again some scallops or baby clams, but the TGF won't touch those.

Edited by jacko