Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pattaya late arrival suggestions under 1000 baht?

Looking into flights to BKK next month and the flight with the best deal arrives at swampy at 00:05 (12:05 AM). I would guess the earliest I would get to Pattaya is 02:30. I usually stay at guest houses in the Soi Bukuoa/Soi Leng Kee area for under a 1,000 baht but most of these places do not staff for check in 24 hours a day.

Any suggestions for cheap accommodations for the first couple of nights that has staff available to check in late night? I was thinking of China Garden but I think I read somewhere their front desk is not staffed all night.

Looking into flights to BKK next month and the flight with the best deal arrives at swampy at 00:05 (12:05 AM). I would guess the earliest I would get to Pattaya is 02:30. I usually stay at guest houses in the Soi Bukuoa/Soi Leng Kee area for under a 1,000 baht but most of these places do not staff for check in 24 hours a day.

Any suggestions for cheap accommodations for the first couple of nights that has staff available to check in late night? I was thinking of China Garden but I think I read somewhere their front desk is not staffed all night.

Pattaya Bay Resort is 1,070 per night for low season (includes b-fast). The used to have stay 6 nights get 1 night free, but not sure if the new management will do that.

Edited by davebuczek
  • Upvote 1

It's been a few years since I stayed at either, but Nikom Court and Opey de Place on Soi Lengke both had 24-hour receptions. Also, you might want to check with the Drunken Duck about checking in late.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1

I sometimes stay at Secrets on Soi 14/Walking Street, reasonable room, Ithink it is 899 Baht per night, open 24 hours.

They also have a taxi service that will bring you right to the door.

• Upvote 1

I sometimes stay at Secrets on Soi 14/Walking Street, reasonable room, Ithink it is 899 Baht per night, open 24 hours.

For a little over half the price of secrets you could stay at D apartments on Soi buakow at the top of new plaza....on the bus route and very close to soi7/soi8

The older(very clean tile floor) rooms cost about 500 baht ...for that you get a huge room,fast free WiFi...,a swimming pool on the roof, a big comfortable bed ,an electronic safe,two free bottles of water ....and you dont get intimidated to drink in a bar with overpriced coyotes.

The older rooms dont have a balconey but do have a large window

Target bar on soi buakhow has nice clean big rooms for 450 baht ....prices correct as of march 2011

• Upvote 1

For a little over half the price of secrets you could stay at D apartments on Soi buakow at the top of new plaza....on the bus route and very close to soi7/soi8

The older(very clean tile floor) rooms cost about 500 baht ...for that you get a huge room,fast free WiFi...,a swimming pool on the roof, a big comfortable bed ,an electronic safe,two free bottles of water ....and you dont get intimidated to drink in a bar with overpriced coyotes.

Target bar on soi buakhow has nice clean big rooms for 450 baht ....prices correct as of march 2011

That's all very nice on the OP's price issue (

Do they have 24 hour checkin, or at least someone there at about 2:30am when the OP thinks he will arrive?

That's all very nice on the OP's price issue (

Do they have 24 hour checkin, or at least someone there at about 2:30am when the OP thinks he will arrive?

Reception is manned/womanned 24 hours at D apartments ... got my ket at 4-5am many times ...you can bring 3+ women there at anytime .....it is not shiny new but it does represent good value ...miles ahead of may of the spammed guesthouses that cost twice as much.

Hi you can try a place i stay in soi lengkee next to opey de place its pallin house guest house opposite china garden and they have 24 hour reception and at very reasonable cost 500 bt per night including a/c tv shower and very girlfriend friendly. Good luck

• Upvote 1

Forget about staying in a guesthouse,book into J&P Court for your whole stay.I think its still

750 B a day.Opey de place too for similar money.Both have 24 hour reception staff.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions :chogdee I'll look into the options provided. I'm hoping to be in town for more than 30 days so my current plan is to book a room for the first few nights and try and find a good monthly deal while I'm on the ground.

Thanks again for all the suggestions :bow

The Dream Hotel tel # (038) 420771 address 115/11 M10 Pratumnak road it's a short walk to walking street, or Secrets.

Not as nice, but cheap, and has 24 hour checkin.

Sawasdee Sea View

302/1 Moo 10, Soi 10 Pattaya 2 Road,

Pattaya City, Chonburi 20150

Reception is manned/womanned 24 hours at D apartments ... got my ket at 4-5am many times ...you can bring 3+ women there at anytime .....it is not shiny new but it does represent good value ...miles ahead of may of the spammed guesthouses that cost twice as much.

Which would you rate better, there or Skytops?
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi Dontcha is this the D apartments you were referring too?

http://www.dapartment.com/rate.php

Looks like the rate has gone up to 600 baht a night. Pics of the new building look nice. Wish the website had pics of the old building... Thanks for the tip!

The Dream Hotel tel # (038) 420771 address 115/11 M10 Pratumnak road it's a short walk to walking street, or Secrets.

Not as nice, but cheap, and has 24 hour checkin.

Sawasdee Sea View

302/1 Moo 10, Soi 10 Pattaya 2 Road,

Pattaya City, Chonburi 20150

Hi Lovedog, Found a website for Dream hotel, here's the link for anyone else that's interested. Thanks for the tip!

http://www.thepattay...el/contact.html

Edit in: Looks like the rooms do not have an in room safe so will probably cross this one off the list. It was not in my original criteria but it is a preference for me and some of the other suggestions have in room safe. Thanks again for the suggestion lovedog.

Edited by bastax33

Hi Dontcha is this the D apartments you were referring too?

http://www.dapartment.com/rate.php

Looks like the rate has gone up to 600 baht a night. Pics of the new building look nice. Wish the website had pics of the old building... Thanks for the tip!

advertised rates are for Lame DupeOverPayers ... show up and ask them for their 500 baht rooms ... make sure you get a nice one .

600 baht is for people staying one night ,,, if you are staying a week or more they will gladly accept 500 baht.

Which would you rate better, there or Skytops?

I was going to tell you to stick your ill-informed condescending opinion up your crusty old arse but I thought that my might be impolite ... you are one of those people that believe you must pay over the odds to get good value whether it be in room service or girl service ... I guess you are ignorant to what is available.

The 500 baht rooms are not top notch but they are twice as good as the much spammed rooms at the secret guesthouse ... and it does have a pool + jacuzzi.

If the OP wants top notch rooms for about 1000 baht then I recommend Soi 2 inn .... again pay no attention to advertised rates.

I am still considering giving Pattaya a try for a couple of weeks this summer just to see if I can get top notch rooms and top notch girls for 1000 .... I notice that some of the idiots that are talking about inflated prices now were suggesting that inflated prices were the norm when I used to visit Pattaya

• Downvote 3

I was going to tell you to stick your ill-informed condescending opinion up your crusty old arse but I thought that my might be impolite ... you are one of those people that believe you must pay over the odds to get good value whether it be in room service or girl service ... I guess you are ignorant to what is available.

The 500 baht rooms are not top notch but they are twice as good as the much spammed rooms at the secret guesthouse ... and it does have a pool + jacuzzi.

If the OP wants top notch rooms for about 1000 baht then I recommend Soi 2 inn .... again pay no attention to advertised rates.

I am still considering giving Pattaya a try for a couple of weeks this summer just to see if I can get top notch rooms and top notch girls for 1000 .... I notice that some of the idiots that are talking about inflated prices now were suggesting that inflated prices were the norm when I used to visit Pattaya

So no opinion on that then!
  • Upvote 2

When are you hitting town bastax, i'll be there from the 5th May until the 14th, would be good to see you again.

Going to miss you this trip Dream :( I won't arrive until after the 18th. Don't tell the wife though, I plan on surprising her :grin

Are you staying at China Garden this trip? If so do you know if they have someone at reception 24 hrs? I sent them an email a few days ago but never got a response.

Edit in: Stay until the 20th and I'll buy your beers all night at the FLB :chogdee

Edited by bastax33

advertised rates are for Lame DupeOverPayers ... show up and ask them for their 500 baht rooms ... make sure you get a nice one .

600 baht is for people staying one night ,,, if you are staying a week or more they will gladly accept 500 baht.

I hear what you are saying but for the first couple of nights I want to have something booked. Arriving at 02:30 after 20+ hours of traveling and don't want to be hunting for a room in the middle of the night. D apartments is at the top of the list right now. Thanks again for the input.