Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya music festival aka bazaar on the Beach road

Again an event to make the city a copy of the Thepprasit night bazaar and impossible to get anywhere to the south using the songthaews.... so, following my spa day in Naklua I walked from the Dolphin roundabut to the school on Pattaya Tai to get home to Jomtien... I made a lunch + movie break in the Central festival, so my pix were made between the two mentioned destination....

DSCF6231.jpg

DSCF5996.jpg

DSCF5998.jpg

DSCF6000.jpg

DSCF6001.jpg

DSCF6002.jpg

DSCF6003.jpg

DSCF6005.jpg

DSCF6008.jpg

DSCF6009.jpg

DSCF6014.jpg

DSCF6016.jpg

DSCF6020.jpg

DSCF6024.jpg

DSCF6026.jpg

DSCF6029.jpg

DSCF6042.jpg

DSCF6045.jpg

DSCF6046.jpg

DSCF6049.jpg

DSCF6052.jpg

DSCF6053.jpg

DSCF6054.jpg

DSCF6061.jpg

DSCF6066.jpg

DSCF6067.jpg

DSCF6070.jpg

DSCF6071.jpg

DSCF6072.jpg

DSCF6073.jpg

DSCF6074.jpg

DSCF6075.jpg

DSCF6079.jpg

DSCF6089.jpg

DSCF6092.jpg

DSCF6093.jpg

DSCF6094.jpg

DSCF6108.jpg

DSCF6114.jpg

DSCF6120.jpg

DSCF6125.jpg

DSCF6126.jpg

DSCF6127.jpg

DSCF6129.jpg

DSCF6130.jpg

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 4

Yes, this is just the way they do it in Miami and Nice...close the major access to the central night life area and block with it a multitude of vendors selling the same items repeated every 100m.

There must be a lot of money being handed over to someone for those vendor spots...they aren't free, and somebody is making a quick baht or two.

• Upvote 1

Yes, this is just the way they do it in Miami and Nice...close the major access to the central night life area and block with it a multitude of vendors selling the same items repeated every 100m.

There must be a lot of money being handed over to someone for those vendor spots...they aren't free, and somebody is making a quick baht or two.

Quite right, I suppose we have to go with our hosts and grin/bear it, but this retail and Beach Road closure is a royal pain in the arse for anybody wanting to get anywhere reasonably fast. In view of the one-way system on the major north-south road (2nd Road) nearest to the action, closing Beach Road is a major nuisance to all. Certainly someone is making big Baht from this endless row of vendors selling more-or-less the same crap, so that in itself justifies the whole thing I suppose. No real complaints though, we chose to be here and can only look on with bemusement.

Bad time to be a chicken I thought looking at the pics.

Then I thought worse time to be a male pig with all the BBQ pork balls on sale.

Bad time to be a chicken I thought looking at the pics.

Then I thought worse time to be a male pig with all the BBQ pork balls on sale.

Got me thinking......... Where exactly on the chicken do they get the nuggets from??

.........And where can you get the baseball caps with the peaks at the back??.........And I can never spot the camoflage shorts when I want to buy a pair..........and.......oh my nurse is calling.........again.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

Great pictures Gabor!

I like the close up shots, you can almost smell the food!

I also took a few pictures last night from Royal Garden Plaza down to Walking Street.

Hope you don't mind I put them up here in your thread!

Plahgat

PMF 2012 11.jpg

PMF 2012 21.jpg

PMF 2012 31.jpg

PMF 2012 41.jpg

PMF 2012 51.jpg

PMF 2012 61.jpg

PMF 2012 71.jpg

PMF 2012 81.jpg

PMF 2012 91.jpg

PMF 2012 111.jpg

PMF 2012 121.jpg

PMF 2012 131.jpg

PMF 2012 141.jpg

PMF 2012 151.jpg

PMF 2012 161.jpg

PMF 2012 171.jpg

PMF 2012 181.jpg

PMF 2012 201.jpg

PMF 2012 211.jpg

PMF 2012 221.jpg

PMF 2012 191.jpg

PMF 2012 101.jpg

The sadest part is that the working girls cant find a place to sit !!

I also took a few pictures last night from Royal Garden Plaza down to Walking Street.

Hope you don't mind I put them up here in your thread!

Plahgat

Thanx for the add, great pix.... BTW it seems our eyes hooked many times on the same theme.... :thumbup

Here are a few pics I took too, really like the ones above here. I posted a review of the music festival, there's also a link to Da Endorphine singing Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep', which was pretty damn good.

Thanks for the enthusiastic description of the festival (on your linked page), but I can't find the link to any video...would you post the video link here?

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the enthusiastic description of the festival (on your linked page), but I can't find the link to any video...would you post the video link here?

Yes, would love to see the video too. My Thai friends told me Da is the best female singer of Thailand at the moment.