Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

PS I was referring to the tigers being sedated, not the handlers... but if it's a stressful job dealing with tigers and stupid falang all day who knows for sure???

I have been to Nong Nooch and had photos with the apes. I loved the result and hated the experience, if that makes sense. Like many of the posters I hate the practice and as a newbie thought it was great but I am cured now and will not do it again. If indeed they are sedated (and I believe that to be the case) then there is a good reason to stay well clear of the practice and perhaps this thread is a good place to start.

I've had pictures with tigers, crocs, orangutang, elephant, bears, snakes and a monkey dancing on my head (I was scared there, scared he would shit in my hair). To me it is part of the charm of Thailand, enjoy it before its polluted by lawyers like in the Western world. Sure animals can attack, although very rarely. But then what are we doing in Thailand but courting danger? Many of us are at risk of catching a dangerous STD - and that's probably more likely than an animal attack.

I've taken motorbike rides around Pattaya where my TGF and myself were just trashed and not wearing helmets (the police aren't out this late I was told). That was much more in danger then with these animals. I've done alot stupider things and see others doing even more stupid things wandering around town drunk at 1 am.

Not to mention that in rare cases some girls in Pattaya aren't treated much better than the animals. I'd be more concerned about that than over some captive creature.

BTW the best place to see tigers in in Chaing Mai - Tiger Kingdom: www.tigerkingdom.com. For about $30 we were put in a large cage with about three or four young tigers (not cubs) and two handlers for about 15 minutes with a photographer taking a photo shoot, about seventy shots. If they were sedated it was only mildly, the were walking around the cage normally and didn't appear sleepy. It was simply amazing, something very few people here have a chance to experience.

Its like an abortion, if you don't like them than don't have one. But don't force your subjective moralty on me. If I let people do that I'd never have gone to Thailand in the first place.

Asshole
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4