Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 251 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Your best option for a 29 night visit...

I'm currently looking around for a new option for a month long visit.

In the past I've used Pattaya Bay Resort a few times and although the price was OK...approx 20k +utilities, I found the standard room to be tiny and the hotel to be a bit off the beaten track...especially when the heavy rain started, you were basically stuck there until it stopped.

I've also used Metro Apts a few times but with Submarine right next door now and music blaring at max volume until late-late...I don't think Metro Apts or LK in general is the right option for me.

I've also bitten the bullet a few times on a 29 night trip and paid a standard rate with discount of 1290 at the Sandy on soi 13...but that's just being stupid as the bill before mini-bar comes out around $1300 USD.

Was looking at the Golden Crab...but, I don't know, that still comes out at 25-30K baht.

Anyone ever stay at those serviced apartments at the corner of Beach Road and soi 10?

What are your fave hotels for long time stay?...thanks, in advance, for your response.

Edited by spike

I would give www.agoda.com a look. put in your dates and make sure you are getting the price in baht so you can compare to what you have paid in the past.

You get photos, map of hotel locations and even some reviews. Some of the smaller place you are looking at (Soi 10 and Beach) will be on the list.

I have used them many times in the past with great prices, but most of the hotels I know and don't worry paying up front for the stay.

Most reservations have cancellations, but not all.

Remember the prices quoted don't include the taxes.

Good luck on your search.

LeoTex

• Upvote 1

Hi spike if your not looking for expensive hotls and rooms and you like a bit of quiet but still in the centre of the action stay a few nights in some of the cheaper places in soi lengkee just near soi metro,and you can always check the size of room before you take. enjoy :D

• Upvote 1

One thing that I have learned is as follows.

Check out the best deals on say Agoda and Sawadee for hotels that interest you. Then Google the top hotels on your list to see if the place has web site. Contact them direct and bargain. I have done this and it rarely seems to fail. The other thing about this method is that you usually only pay when your there rather than in advance. The problem with ashing for advice is that unless your precise (Location and facilities required) you will get a lot of bum steers. I for instance will only stay at places with a pool now because thats part of my holiday.

• Upvote 1

Cheap is Opey De Place in Len Key.

No problem with that but if I recall correctly they have ni in room safes so anyone with a lot of cash or a lap top might not think it so good. Like I have already stated its what the traveller wants that is important, and we really are shooting in the dark a bit.

For a stay of a month, your best bet is probably a serviced apartment. I used to stay at the Mosaik Apartments behind Tukcom, You can get a one-bedroom apartment for about 16,000 baht a month and a studio apartment for less. Electricity/water will run you another 2,000 baht or so.

There are many serviced apartments in Pattaya and it's usually not a good idea to commit yourself to a month-long stay if you haven't seen the apartment. Use the Internet to make a short list of promising properties, but only book a hotel room for a couple of nights to give yourself the chance to check them out.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 1
:clueless For a month stay you should try a condo,same price maybe as a hotel but much better room and facilities-Dancewatchers VT6,where I am staying now,have plenty to choose from.
  • Upvote 1

We were walking along this morning and would have seen an endless supply of rooms for let, so at worse you could land here and walki into a room and look at you leisure.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

:clueless For a month stay you should try a condo,same price maybe as a hotel but much better room and facilities-Dancewatchers VT6,where I am staying now,have plenty to choose from.

I would always do a monthly deal at the Res Garden or Nova Park. It is nice to have the facilities of room service, clean sheeets and towels, room service etc.
  • Upvote 2

I would add one more point to this thread. When I am in Pattaya I usually go and look at two or three places that I have read about or that others have recommended. Its always interesting to note the difference between your ideas about whats good and other reviewers ideas. Also, photos on the web can look so good and I am sure that some places use a higher priced room photo to sell a lower priced one. Its all a case of touch and feel. One more small point but for my next trip I have actually specified the room number that I want. I know that the light is good, its quiet and other reasons. This again is all part of the learning experience.

• Upvote 1

I stayed at a service apartment. It was near an Irish Pub called Jameson's, which is near Soi 6, closer to 2nd Road than 3rd Road.

It was relatively new when I stayed in 2007. Back then I paid around $300/month. It has a swimming pool on the rooftop, which I believe is on the 4th floor. It's called the Siam View Residence.

Maid service every other day or 3 days a week. It had high speed wi-fi in rooms and 1st floor lobby. What you have to be careful about with service apartments is the electricity bill, which you have to pay. If you stay at an old place or with crappy air conditioners, you could be paying more than B10,000/month. I think I paid under B2,000.

This place is owned by an individual, Thai guy, who is honest and a good guy. The other place that I went to, which is owned by TW Wong, their management front office were not reasonable from my experience.

Edited by barry_bonds
  • Upvote 1

I would add one more point to this thread. When I am in Pattaya I usually go and look at two or three places that I have read about or that others have recommended. Its always interesting to note the difference between your ideas about whats good and other reviewers ideas. Also, photos on the web can look so good and I am sure that some places use a higher priced room photo to sell a lower priced one. Its all a case of touch and feel. One more small point but for my next trip I have actually specified the room number that I want. I know that the light is good, its quiet and other reasons. This again is all part of the learning experience.

Your chum Cummie seemed to like the Chinese Garden.!

• Downvote 1

Chummie that is.

Like me he keeps on looking for the best CURRENT deal within a certain geograhical area. Thats my way as well but I repeat, I will not now stay at a place until I have had a look first. Oh dear the difference between perception and reality!

My first option would always be VT6, the rooms, view, and location is just so awesome. But it will cost you.

For your kind stay of 29 days, I would check out KTK. There are 2 different KTK's. The one on 2nd road is the old crappy one. The one I'm talking about is on Soi Anunothai I think it was, but I could be wrong. From Pattaya Klang you turn in as if going towards Amari Nova, go past that all the way to the end is KTK. The rooms look very nice and prices are excellent.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheap is Opey De Place in Len Key.

At 700 baht per night with no mentionable monthly discount this is by no means cheap considering the joint badly needs renovating.