Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Anyone know why the price is double ?

I'm looking to buy my tg a flight , Bangkok to manchester the 14th may (visa pending) for 6 months returning in november , she wants to travel on the same plane as

me (Etihad) on the 14th the best price i can get on Etihads site is 53,700 baht . For my return flight i paid 510 00 pounds in the uk.Manchester to Bangkok Why is it

over double to travel the other way. ? btw, price includes return flights ?

I'm looking to buy my tg a flight , Bangkok to manchester the 14th may (visa pending) for 6 months returning in november , she wants to travel on the same plane as

me (Etihad) on the 14th the best price i can get on Etihads site is 53,700 baht . For my return flight i paid 510 00 pounds in the uk.Manchester to Bangkok Why is it

I believe that all flights from thailand to the uk cost more than from uk to thailand for some reason but no doubt part of the extra is due to the fact that you are trying to book a flight more or less at the last minute.

Sorry about the increased cost Steve but be glad you are able to do it. I would like to have mine visit the states , but even with her having a regular job, owning a car etc, i understand its not possible unless im willing to do a "Fiance Visa", not going there

Edited by sailingbill

Think positive. It's not double from Thailand, it's half-price from UK. :thumbup On a serious note, you can generally find Etihad at 30-odd k Baht - short notice and long stay (over 3 months) will bump the price up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Look at switching return dates. Sometimes moving a day or two one way or another can drop the price substantially.

• Downvote 2

Look at switching return dates. Sometimes moving a day or two one way or another can drop the price substantially.

Etihad's booking system already caters for that.

Yeah, last minuet booking is a real killer. Good luck on the visa.

Last waltz are really high and last sonata, well, forget it.

I'm looking to buy my tg a flight , Bangkok to manchester the 14th may (visa pending) for 6 months returning in november , she wants to travel on the same plane asme (Etihad) on the 14th the best price i can get on Etihads site is 53,700 baht . For my return flight i paid 510 00 pounds in the uk.Manchester to Bangkok Why is it over double to travel the other way. ? btw, price includes return flights ?

It is entirely due to booking 7 days before flying.

While you wait for the visa you may find it cheaper to change your return date to a later date, and her ticket may then wind up being lower by more than the change fee.

Etihad just sent me a promotion based on Flights ex-Bangkok.

Enjoy fantastic discounts in both Coral Economy Class and Pearl Business Class with the Etihad May Super Sale. Book before 12 May and travel anytime before 14 June 2012.

ORIGIN-DESTINATION

CORAL ECONOMY

FARES (From THB)* Bangkok - Abu Dhabi 25,005

But_Booknow_Gold_01.jpg

Bangkok - Dubai 25,005

But_Booknow_Gold_01.jpg

Bangkok - London 32,340

But_Booknow_Gold_01.jpg

Phuket - Düsseldorf 30,455

But_Booknow_Gold_01.jpg

Phuket - Munich 30,465

But_Booknow_Gold_01.jpg

Phuket - Frankfurt 31,115

But_Booknow_Gold_01.jpg

Enjoy fantastic discounts in both Coral Economy Class and Pearl Business Cla

Enjoy fantastic discounts in both Coral Economy Class and Pearl Business Class with the Etihad May Super Sale. Book before 12 May and travel anytime before 14 June 2012.

Edited by jacko

Maybe landing fees are far higher at UK airports. CDG in Paris is like that, I can fly cheaper to Frankfurt from Vancouver even though its greater distance. Its because CDG landing fees/taxes are very high.

Maybe landing fees are far higher at UK airports. CDG in Paris is like that, I can fly cheaper to Frankfurt from Vancouver even though its greater distance. Its because CDG landing fees/taxes are very high.

A round trip whether it starts in Manchester or ends there is going to have a landing there.

Maybe they can parachute out before touchdown.

Here are all the coach R/T fares on Etihad in coach one week prior to departure. Just because there is a "U" fare listed doesn't mean there is a "U" fare in inventory for sale, but it appears there is and a travel agent would be a good idea.

The 3M/6M/12M is the maximum stay allowed in months.

USP3MTH EY U Round-Trip 20800(THB) E -- / 3M

VEE3MTH EY V Round-Trip 29085(THB) E -- / 3M

LEE3MTH EY L Round-Trip 31185(THB) E -- / 3M

QEE3MTH EY Q Round-Trip 34335(THB) E -- / 3M

MEE6MTH EY M Round-Trip 39060(THB) E -- / 6M

KEE6MTH EY K Round-Trip 41160(THB) E -- / 6M

HRTTH EY H Round-Trip 45360(THB) E -- / 12M

BRTTH EY B Round-Trip 54810(THB) E -- / 12M

EY 407 0 BKK

05/16/12 2:55 AM AUH

05/16/12 6:20 AM 77W

Su,M,W,Th,Sa

74% / 15m J9 C9 D9 W9 X9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 Q9 L9 V9 U9 E9 T9

EY 21 0 AUH

05/16/12 10:10 AM MAN

05/16/12 3:05 PM 332

Su,W,F

77% / 18m J9 C9 D9 W9 X9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 Q9 L9 V9 U9 E9 T9

1 Connections

EY 401 0 BKK

05/16/12 8:35 PM AUH

05/17/12 12:05 AM 77W

Su,W,Sa

87% / 12m J2 C0 D0 W0 X0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 Q9 L9 V9 U9 E9 T9

EY 15 0 AUH

05/17/12 2:30 AM MAN

05/17/12 7:25 AM 332

T,W,Th,F,Sa

79% / 19m J2 C0 D0 W0 X0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 Q9 L9 V9 U9 E9 T9

1 Connections

EY 401 0 BKK

05/16/12 8:35 PM AUH

05/17/12 12:05 AM 77W

Su,W,Sa

87% / 12m J4 C4 D4 W3 X0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 Q9 L9 V9 U9 E9 T9

EY 21 0 AUH

05/17/12 10:10 AM MAN

05/17/12 3:05 PM 332

M,T,Th,Sa

77% / 18m J4 C4 D4 W3 X0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 Q9 L9 V9 U9 E9 T9

Edited by ricktoronto

So to answer the original question - DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY THE PRICE IS DOUBLE?

I appreciate the comments about late bookings, but I fly BKK / UK every three months or so and the flights the other way around are always 200/300 quid cheaper. I keep saying I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a 1 way ticket to the UK and book returns from there - but I never do

Maybe is due to Thailand not want all the ladies to leave.

Joking apart i have always had to pay at least £100/£200 more flying bbk to UK and back again.

Why not sure ,but somebody must know .

Thats one reason why Me and my Thai lady do not go to UK every year but plan every 3 years now.

The savings not going back to UK pays for a couple of good holidays here in LOS every year.

Steve hope all went well with visa

So to answer the original question - DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY THE PRICE IS DOUBLE?

I appreciate the comments about late bookings, but I fly BKK / UK every three months or so and the flights the other way around are always 200/300 quid cheaper. I keep saying I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a 1 way ticket to the UK and book returns from there - but I never do

Yeah well I did that, but the other way around. Got a one-way to Thailand and now buy my tickets Ex BKK.

Then the £ plummeted, Thailand boomed and suddenly, as you say, tickets are cheaper ex-UK.

Still it is obviously more flexible that way as I am in Thailand nearly all of the time.

Your case is due to late booking and the class of the ticket, the difference is not normally double.

Just a update , now i'm back in the uk , my thai girl has now got her 6 months visa to visit me . She is not confident in changing planes so direct flight

Bangkok to london and return 44,800 baht , coming sometime next week . Eva air i think.

Edited by surry

Just a update , now i'm back in the uk , my thai girl has now got her 6 months visa to visit me . She is not confident in changing planes so direct flight

Bangkok to london and return 44,800 baht , coming sometime next week . Eva air i think.

Thats nearly £1000 quid!

Thats nearly £1000 quid!

yes i've seen cheaper on the internet, but she has no credit card to pay over the internet, so she is booking though a travel agent

Using my air miles the flight from LHR-BKK was airmiles + £180 one way,but one way going back was 4000bt for the same date. :clueless

I guess the fees for taking off from LHR are higher than BKK, and landing charges will vary too.

I just did a quick check on BA using one way......

LHR-BKK £881 (43169 THB) of which £235 (11515 THB) are charges.

BKK-LHR £477 (23400 THB) of which £139 (6820 THB) are charges.

I bet that clear it up for you.....:D