Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I tired to do a search on this forum for a good tailor shop, but nothing came up. I know there are plenty of tailor shops in Pattaya as you can not walk 5 seconds down beach road before they try and get you into there shop. Can anyone recommend a good tailor shop as i want to get a suit made on my next trip.

The one opposite Sandy Spring hotel on Soi 13 has supplied me good suits over the years,

I think I know the one, but do you remember the name by chance?

I and several of my friends have had suits etc made by the one in the Welcome Plaza Hotel on Second Rd near Pattayaland over the years with no complaints. But if you are on a holiday get the suit made at the beginning not just before you're going home in case you need extra alterations and fittings because you will want it to be just right.

Don't go to the one on the corner of Beach road and Pattaya Klang (central)

I'm curious why you don't recommend them. I just picked up today 3 pairs of good cotton shorts which I ordered there 3 days ago. They seem OK but then shorts are not a suit.

I would recommend Nini Tailors on Second Rd opposite the Royal Garden Mall. Been going there for over 10 years and always been happy with the quality and service. They were closed for a family event this past weekend or I would have gone there for the shorts mentioned above. I will be back to Nini for made to measure clothes on all my future visits to Pattaya.

But if you are on a holiday get the suit made at the beginning not just before you're going home in case you need extra alterations and fittings because you will want it to be just right.

This is the most important recommendation.....Have at least 2 fittings.

"Tailors" are really cloth sellers. They tend to use the same or similar Thai tailors that make the garment. I use Harry Potter on Soi 1 as it is next to Summer Spring....but again please remember to leave time for fittings and alterations...and make it clear to whomever you choose that you want 2 or 3 fittings to get the product you want..

I'm curious why you don't recommend them. I just picked up today 3 pairs of good cotton shorts which I ordered there 3 days ago. They seem OK but then shorts are not a suit.

They took far longer than quoted.

The trousers and shirts were just ok quality.

The shirts I wanted two of they made just one.

Of course the shirts I wanted only one of they made two.

No excuses as their English is excellent. Just lying lazy buggers AFAIC.

They took far longer than quoted.

The trousers and shirts were just ok quality.

The shirts I wanted two of they made just one.

Of course the shirts I wanted only one of they made two.

No excuses as their English is excellent. Just lying lazy buggers AFAIC.

Thanks for sharing that. They were late with my shorts. I went last night to pick them up and they weren't ready so they asked me to return this afternoon. Fortunately the timing wasn't critical and the shorts seem fine.

I will, however, continue to use Nini in the future.

Thanks for sharing that. They were late with my shorts. I went last night to pick them up and they weren't ready so they asked me to return this afternoon. Fortunately the timing wasn't critical and the shorts seem fine.

I will, however, continue to use Nini in the future.

Can anyone share with us what is the cost of a suit e.g. 1 x Jacket, 1 x trousers 3 x shirts 3 x ties or does it all depend on the material you choose

My Mate Capitan from my tr had a bunch of shirts shorts and one suit made at JUJU between soi 7 and soi8 on beach rd. He's very happy with them i too had some stuff made a couple years and they still look great. Main thing is be hard on them don't let them talk you into something and yes go as early as possible. His name is Harry nice guy. He's Thai not indian.

the guy at klang and beach rd is far to aggrssive with customers for my liking

My Mate Capitan from my tr had a bunch of shirts shorts and one suit made at JUJU between soi 7 and soi8 on beach rd. He's very happy with them i too had some stuff made a couple years and they still look great. Main thing is be hard on them don't let them talk you into something and yes go as early as possible. His name is Harry nice guy. He's Thai not indian.

the guy at klang and beach rd is far to aggrssive with customers for my liking

What did your mate pay for the shirts

If I remember correctly there's a tailor next to the FLB. A fellow BM bought a bunch of suits, shirts from the guy. He was very pleased with the quality. He remarked a couple of years later how well everything held up. I use the tailor next door to Sky-Top. He's reasonable with his prices and the quality is good. Sky-Top is located on 2nd Road near soi 6.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If I remember correctly there's a tailor next to the FLB. A fellow BM bought a bunch of suits, shirts from the guy. He was very pleased with the quality. He remarked a couple of years later how well everything held up. I use the tailor next door to Sky-Top. He's reasonable with his prices and the quality is good. Sky-Top is located on 2nd Road near soi 6.

But thats just it, you dont

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I remember buying a suit in Bangkok ten years ago,but never wearing it. It seemed like a good idea at the time,everyone going to Bangers seemed to do it,so I got one. As it never got worn....in fact,I must have thrown it out as its nowhere to be seen...I can't comment on the quality. A couple of friends got suited up too....and what ill-fitting shite they bought....they looked a complete pair of oafs wearing oversized threads that were too long,too wide and too big. They probably thought they looked cool,but in truth they looked like two knobheads that had been royally ripped off by the smarmy Indian tailors that pollute Sukhumvit. Not really a bargain if you end up looking like a circus clown.

Can anyone share with us what is the cost of a suit e.g. 1 x Jacket, 1 x trousers 3 x shirts 3 x ties or does it all depend on the material you choose

Price depends alot on the material you choose.

I have used Michaels (sp?) on beach road. They have been there at least 12 years since I recognize the same staff and owner so must be doing something right.

Only problem I had was the first ones I bought shrank.... but only in width over 10 years :clueless

As others have pointed out though, the are cloth stores and all the tailoring is done in back soi sweat shops.

Go for several fittings and ask for spare buttons to be sewn in the jacket and shirts so you will have a match if one breaks

I remember buying a suit in Bangkok ten years ago,but never wearing it. It seemed like a good idea at the time,everyone going to Bangers seemed to do it,so I got one. As it never got worn....in fact,I must have thrown it out as its nowhere to be seen...I can't comment on the quality. A couple of friends got suited up too....and what ill-fitting shite they bought....they looked a complete pair of oafs wearing oversized threads that were too long,too wide and too big. They probably thought they looked cool,but in truth they looked like two knobheads that had been royally ripped off by the smarmy Indian tailors that pollute Sukhumvit. Not really a bargain if you end up looking like a circus clown.

I got a laugh out of that, did they look like Chinese businessmen?
  • 1 month later...

ok, i am just going though the getting things made trail now, look around a lot of places, but did not get good vib from any until i went into shop just at entrance to walking street. i am not interested in how cheap i can get it done for, i want very good quality material and good job, ( this place had also been recommended to me but left it until last to compare).

Went in yesterday morning ( wed ) picked out the material i wanted, mohair / wool mix for pants and Egyptian cotton for shirts, had lots of material to pick from but wanted the best stuff ( will have to pay for it though). Price is 1100 per shirt and 1500 each pair of pants, not the cheapest but you try to buy Egyptian cotton shirts of the rack ad see how much thy are, and i do like the feel of it.

The wife is also having a suit made, this is costing 4500 again using the very good material.

we are going back Friday afternoon for the first of up to 4 fittings according to Jack, the guy in the shop, i will need 2 or 3 for shirts and min 3 for pants ( i am a big fat guy ) and wife will require 3 or 4 fittings for suit ( she is neither Big of fat ) will let you now the outcome of this.

ok, i am just going though the getting things made trail now, look around a lot of places, but did not get good vib from any until i went into shop just at entrance to walking street. i am not interested in how cheap i can get it done for, i want very good quality material and good job, ( this place had also been recommended to me but left it until last to compare).

Went in yesterday morning ( wed ) picked out the material i wanted, mohair / wool mix for pants and Egyptian cotton for shirts, had lots of material to pick from but wanted the best stuff ( will have to pay for it though). Price is 1100 per shirt and 1500 each pair of pants, not the cheapest but you try to buy Egyptian cotton shirts of the rack ad see how much thy are, and i do like the feel of it.

The wife is also having a suit made, this is costing 4500 again using the very good material.

we are going back Friday afternoon for the first of up to 4 fittings according to Jack, the guy in the shop, i will need 2 or 3 for shirts and min 3 for pants ( i am a big fat guy ) and wife will require 3 or 4 fittings for suit ( she is neither Big of fat ) will let you now the outcome of this.

Dave, would you mind posting a few pics of the final product, i too am looking to have some shirts made and i want the best material also

Dave, would you mind posting a few pics of the final product, i too am looking to have some shirts made and i want the best material also

Yes no problem, but please remember I am a big slob so nothing looks good on me

Yes no problem, but please remember I am a big slob so nothing looks good on me

Me too lol

Went in yesterday morning ( wed ) picked out the material i wanted, mohair / wool mix for pants.

One of the Three Stooges loved this fabric.