Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 264 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Dancewatchers VT6 studio #566 - 4-month review

I recently did a long-term stay, 4 months, in Dancewatcher’s condo #16-566 in View Talay 6:

http://dancewatchers...views.html.html

I had used that condo on previous trips, but no more than a month at a time. If I had a live-in the studio would have probably felt cramped towards the end, but as a single monger it ended up being ideal. Plus the option of paying with credit card meant that I’d have that many more frequent flyer miles towards my next trip ;)

Serious mongers have different priorities than regular tourists for their accommodations, so I go into a lot of detail in this review on all the key points that matter to me. Some of these may seem obscure or minor to others, but they all add up on my scorecard.

Location: View Talay 6 is one of the best locations in Pattaya, right next to Central Festival mall between Second Rd and Beach Rd (both major baht bus routes). It’s only a short baht bus ride to Walking Street, as well as a very short walk to Soi 8 & Soi 7. You do have to deal with one floor of stairs (or a ramp) to get to the service elevator on the second floor, or walk up another set of stairs the third floor which has the main lobby and bank of elevators. Security is decent with guards on duty at all entrances 24 hrs and CCTV on all floors. The third floor has several laundries, convenience stores and restaurants along with a hair salon.

Noise: During the 4 months I only heard construction noise in the building a few times, and no more than an hour or so. You do hear some noise from the PA system and traffic cop whistles from the mall next door, but those were pretty minor and never loud enough, for example, to interfere with any video recording one might do.

Internet: The WiFi connection was password protected/encrypted and good enough for doing Vonage business calls. The WiFi router is in the room so you also have the option to connect directly with a cable for more security. During the 4 months I never had a problem with the connection. It was fine for doing business over the internet, such as conference calls with Vonage.

TV: The room has a great 42” TV with VGA & audio connections for hooking up your notebook. There was a wide selection of channels and the high-quality audio system that really made for a great theater room, regardless if the girls want to watch zombie movies or cartoons.

Housekeeping & Extra Towels: When you have as many as 4 girls sharing your room, extra towels quickly become a priority. I’m happy to report that there was no problem getting extra towels when I asked, and the towels were actually quite soft unlike towels at many other high-end hotels that are so stiff they’ll leave your nipple bleeding if you aren’t careful! The housekeeping staff was very flexible, pretty much able to service the room any time before 5pm including delivering your laundry. One also has the flexibility of only getting housekeeping a couple days a week, which I found to be a good balance.

Cleanliness: I’m a self-confessed clean freak; the first thing I do with any hotel room or condo is give everything a thorough wipe-down with antibacterial wipes, and yes, that includes the remote controls. I’m happy to report that the room was *very* clean and I never saw any bugs, ants, etc. despite many girls often leaving food sitting out overnight. All the furniture seemed pretty new and high quality with the couch and chairs being vinyl and so much easier to wipe down than cloth seating. The AC was also clean and strong.

Electrical & Photography: The room did NOT have one of those bogus card-activated master power switches that would cut off all power when you left the room. This means you could leave the AC on and come back to a cool, crisp room (though the AC was powerful and pretty quick to cool off the room from scratch). This also means that you can charge your computer and camera batteries while you are out. And the room has lots of AC outlets throughout for doing so, as well as plugging in extra lights for photos, etc. The room has excellent lighting throughout that are all controlled via dimmer switches next to the bed. In general, the room is very “photo-friendly” in that there are lots of places one can place cameras & tripods.

Kitchen: The kitchen area is modern with stove and full-sized refrigerator along with microwave. There is also a full complement of silverware, plates and cooking utensils provided.

Balcony: You have a lighted balcony that is convenient especially for the girls who may want to smoke or bring back really stinky food to the room. The view directly in front is mostly blocked by the mall, but you do have some view of the ocean and city along either side. One tip: the balcony doors lock, one should pay attention when one is on the balcony and the girl is in your room. It would be easy for her to lock you out and then take whatever she wanted.

Bed: The bed is a real highlight of the room with a high quality, king-sized mattress. All the linen and pillows seemed to be high quality. The headboard is the ideal height for additional camera mounts as well, and the dimmer switch for the overhead lights is also a nice touch. Plus the bed is raised to about mid-thigh level which opens up a wide variety of additional standing positions for one’s amorous adventures. And the closets next to the bed have huge floor to ceiling mirrors – also a very nice touch (many would say a requirement) for a monger’s room.

Shower: The shower is relatively large, well lit and with a glass door connecting to the bathroom. The hand wand ensures thorough cleanliness of all one’s nooks ‘n crannies. The water pressure was very strong.

Bottom line: Dancewatchers condos in VT6 continue to be my first choice for future trips. For a serious monger, they tick all the important boxes.

So, what do you guys consider to be high-priority features for a serious monger’s room – especially those that a civilian tourist may not really notice?

Edited by SmellyFarang
  • Upvote 3

I like the location and the price is good for what you get.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do you have any pictures - of the condo lol

Pics on the Dancewatchers.com website. All my pics are cluttered with TGs, and this trip *all* of them were only willing to do pics/vids if I promised not to post them :(

In this winter two of my mates rented out from Dancewatcher's luxury condos in the VT2A... it was pricey, but worth it... they only gushed about the quality and the service....

Plus the option of paying with credit card meant that I’d have that many more frequent flyer miles towards my next trip ;)

That catches my attention because I have a reservation at VT2 with Dancewatcher at the end of the year and the confirmation said I will need to pay the balance in cash baht when I arrive. Obviously, need to/will ask them whether there is a credit card option.

That catches my attention because I have a reservation at VT2 with Dancewatcher at the end of the year and the confirmation said I will need to pay the balance in cash baht when I arrive. Obviously, need to/will ask them whether there is a credit card option.

I used PayPal to pay by credit card; just email Tik for payment options.

Edited by SmellyFarang

I'm in the middle of a 22 night stay in Dancewatchers condos -started in VT6,then VT2 in Jomtien for 3 nights, and tomorrow back to VT6 for rest of hol-above my usual price range but good value.

I will post a little vid of all the rooms when I get back,as this is better than pics.

Edited by pauly77
  • 1 month later...

I'm in the middle of a 22 night stay in Dancewatchers condos -started in VT6,then VT2 in Jomtien for 3 nights, and tomorrow back to VT6 for rest of hol-above my usual price range but good value.

I will post a little vid of all the rooms when I get back,as this is better than pics.

Hey Mr. pauly77 we are waiting for those videos you promised us.