Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Electrical Storm May 15, 2012

Tongiht a big storm moved in quite suddenly, causing power outages all over the area. It was more an electrical storm than a rain storm, since so far, the rain has been middling, but the lightning has been fast and furious.

Power is out over most of Walking Street...probably lots of other places as well.

Here's some video of the storm..note the frequency of the lightning flashes.

[media=]

[/media]

Rain was heavy in north Pattaya, coming sideways for about an hour. Wind was so strong, a couple signs next to Living Bistro were knocked over. Power was in and out here until about 2 am.

We got a lot of noise and quite a good bit of rain out here in Nong Plalai...... I was glad when it arrived, but getting a bit worried later as the power went off and on a couple of times.

I unplugged a few things before going to bed as it was still at it !

Pleasant to be up early and feel cool air this morning.

Pissed down in NernPlub Waan.Power off for about an hr.Was so hot yesterday,and my bedroom was so hot last night, i thought i was gonna die of heat stroke when the fan and air wouldnt work.

Great i dont have to water the garden for a while. :clap2:

Edited by simon_cook

I was by Big C when the wind started. It was blowing so hard, you had to dodge the trash to survive. Beach road sand was so bad, it was hard to see. I did make it to Cherry bar before the rain hit at around 10:20(if the clock on my camera is correct). A few power hits which just stopped the music for a few seconds but power stayed on.

Rain 1.jpg

Rain 2.jpg

Even the streets were deserted

There was only one sensible thing to do

Hammer 1.jpg

After the storm, I headed down to Beach where there was considerable water on the road.

Rain 3.jpg

Some small power outs in soi LK last night but nothing major. Got stuck in Sugar Sugar being molested by hot women was a trial till the rain stopped. :bhappy

Looks like it will be the same soon as I can see lightening getting closer from the SE of soi Lengkee

Here's a time lapse of the clouds moving east-northeast tonight...relatively high winds and an authentic rain storm followed with little lightning...gonna get wet tonight, I think.

was at Pattaya beer garden once when a huge electrical storm broke out, the whole sky would light up and then the trepidation of the 2-3 seconds before the thunder would come and the bar felt like it was going to fall into the ocean, exhilarating stuff

It was horrendous, I was stuck for an hour with only a single candle for light in a bar in Soi 6, fortunately there were 3 girls who tried their best to keep me from being frightened by the storm. I barely survived. :bigsmile:

I got stuck around the Soi 7 area last night.

Crap night out.

When the rain came The Silver Star (2)... on soi 7 seemed to give up on the evening, realising no customers would be walking around outside, and those in there already were trapped, so fuck you and they put on Thai music and cranked the volume up. The girls loved it, and I wouldn't have minded a few songs to improve the atmosphere, but twenty minutes later my ears are beginning to bleed so I thought 'fuck them' and went out into the rain. Tried the 'Clinic' a few doors away.... poor. Even back around the corner, arriving dripping, The Worldwide' was slow, few girls and too many men. I never even bought a LD all night, very unusual, but no regulars seemed to be about, and the girls don't have the patience for my 10 minute rule.

I was also told SS 1, in Soi 8, was under renovation, again! Just been done hasn't it, I know I wasn't impressed, but more to do with the smell!

It was horrendous, I was stuck for an hour with only a single candle for light in a bar in Soi 6, fortunately there were 3 girls who tried their best to keep me from being frightened by the storm. I barely survived. :bigsmile:

I am reminded of the line(s) from Apocalypse Now (which of course is based on Conrad's Heart of Darkness).

Kurtz, mortally wounded lies on the ground bleeding, mumbles "The Horror, the Horror".

There are those who speculate he was really saying, "the Whore, the Whore".

Jeez, its almost 1 AM in the morning. I am drunk...............

Edited by BigusDicus