Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pats vet interested in staying @ LK Mansion, near Soi Buakow & Pattaya Klang, next trip. Their Website is more Flash than Fact. (B800/night is well within my means). Have tried the Forum's "Search" function with little avail. So, I would like to put a few questions:

Hotel itself: Staff agreeable? Facilities good? Photos indicate a lift. Is this in fact so?

Is there a Joiner Fee? How about for multiple guests?

Map on Website indicates it is between 2nd RD & Buakhao. Another map by Thai something-or-other places it east of Buakhow, IAW between Buakhow & 3rd. Which is it?

Never stayed near that area, but am not particularly interested in returning to any of the areas where I have stayed previously. How is the immediate area for eating, drinking, & mongering? (I know that Soi6 is reasonably close & that LK Metro shouldn't be too distant).

If it is between 2nd & Buakhow, baht buses north & southbound should be easy to get. Agreed?

Any & all help given greatly appreciated. MANY THANX in advance!

CHEERS!

p_up.gifp_report.gif

It is in LK Metro on the corner IIRC. Soi Diana Inn right at the entrance to LK Metro before you get to Buakhao but far closer than 2nd road as with all of LK Metro. You can see it on Pattaya Photoguide.

So LK Metro is reasonably distant at zero metres/feet/yards

Edited by ricktoronto

mess 2 - you are getting confused - there are many "LK" hotels....

Mess 1 - LK MANSION is on the corner of Pattaya Klang and Soi Bukkow (its behind the Leng Key restaurant)...

its a big place and the rooms are nice, if a little on the small side - no joiner fee, does have lift and staff friendly - they do a deal on the price if you go for 1 month or more (15k as i recall)....

Pretty central location - on baht bus route - the LK Metro bars/go go's are about 10 min walk, but only a few mins on the baht bus, soi 7/8 very near and soi 6 about 5 min walk...

hope this helps.

Pats vet interested in staying @ LK Mansion, near Soi Buakow & Pattaya Klang, next trip. Their Website is more Flash than Fact. (B800/night is well within my means). Have tried the Forum's "Search" function with little avail. So, I would like to put a few questions:

Hotel itself: Staff agreeable? Facilities good? Photos indicate a lift. Is this in fact so?

Is there a Joiner Fee? How about for multiple guests?

Map on Website indicates it is between 2nd RD & Buakhao. Another map by Thai something-or-other places it east of Buakhow, IAW between Buakhow & 3rd. Which is it?

Never stayed near that area, but am not particularly interested in returning to any of the areas where I have stayed previously. How is the immediate area for eating, drinking, & mongering? (I know that Soi6 is reasonably close & that LK Metro shouldn't be too distant).

If it is between 2nd & Buakhow, baht buses north & southbound should be easy to get. Agreed?

Any & all help given greatly appreciated. MANY THANX in advance!

CHEERS!

p_up.gifp_report.gif

The hotel is OK, not all that nice. Below average as I think you could find better for the same price or a bit more. The pictures you see online are very deceiving. I had no great complaints, but, would not return.

It's a hoof to LK Metro and longer to 6, plenty of baht bus traffic though. I think you could find a decent place on LK Metro for the same price, probably a nicer room.

One thing I disliked, besides the drab room, was that the aircon unit made the balcony unbearable if it was running.

bigtommy is right about the location.

Pricing as I remember is as follows:

Hotel rooms including daily cleaning and utilities.

800/ night

4600/ week and that rate continuous for every night there after.

Rooms on the inside of the building are somewhat dark but very quiet, good for night owls.

The rooms on the outside of the building have more light and noise varies depending where the rooms is.

Monthly rates, cleaning twice per week and utilities extra. (don't know the rates)

From memory it is 15'000 or 16'000 per month.

For this you get a bigger room with a kitchenette in the adjacent building.

WiFi is extra to be purchased at reception. If this is important then check the reception quality when you are shown the room as some rooms at the end of the hall don't have enough signal strength. Staff then just give you a cable to plug into the wall.

Swimming pool is big enough for a good splash around but not for real exercise.

I have stayed there many times back in 2008 and was always looked after very well.

Haven't been there since so I don't know how worn the rooms are these days.

Some people don't like the little safe boxes at reception with a small padlock but I never had a problem. If needed there is a limited amount of proper metal safe boxes for rent.

I always enjoyed my stays there and the staff are very good overall.

Location is as central as it gets.

C.