Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Skybar@Lebua State Tower, Bangkok. Great views up here....

Great pics. Thanks. Did you eat in the restaurant?

Hell no!!!!

Have you seen the prices.!!

Hell no!!!!

Have you seen the prices.!!

I blamed the chillies for making my eyes water! BTW, I really enjoy your BKK reports - it's good to see something other than Nana and Cowboy. :thumbup

I was there recently,and the security staff on the top terraces were intervening if anyone tried to take a photo unless they were near the bar/buying a drink. Must be a strategy to prevent tourists who aren't spending,which is fair enough.

I stayed here in 2005 on the fifty-something floor....the building was virtually unoccupied,except for a few levels which comprised suites.The top deck was going though,and often had an orchestra based up there. The hotel/suites were barely occupied,and then mostly by Japanese,and were very inexpensive. Times have certainly changed.

There's another twin to this amazing building too,next to SK skytrain station,but it ran out of funding during the property and financial meltdown and was abandoned with about 90% of the exterior completed. Internally,its empty,the floors are completed but not the staircases.Its been slowly decaying ever since.I got in there a few years ago to take photos,but was chased out by a pack of wild dogs who were in control. There are a few homeless people living on the ground floor.

Did you eat in the restaurant?

I actually had a wedding anniversary dinner there three years ago, but that was before the Hangover II movie. Back then the prices were definitely expensive, but afterwards we felt that the food in addition to the view and service justified the cost. If they have further cranked up the prices riding on their exposure in Hangover II, then they probably are now over the top.

Based on the photos it seems like a good idea to visit the Sky Bar as soon as it opens. We subsequently visited Sky Bar after the release of the Hangover II movie, and the crowd was awful at 9pm.

what are the prices? i wanted to go in 2011 but i thought they had a dress code and i didn't have a suit with me.

It's a pretty standard dress code - no sandals, shorts, t-shirts for guys. No need to wear a suit.

• Upvote 1

what are the prices? i wanted to go in 2011 but i thought they had a dress code and i didn't have a suit with me.

Well, if one drink is the equivilent of 17 USD that should give you an idea of what a meal would cost. Nice view though.

I had an opportunity to eat there for a business dinner on someone else's dime a couple of years ago. It has an absolutely gorgeous view. We were lucky in that just after we finished dinner the skies opened up and it poured rain. It was interesting to watch high society trying to move inside while their expensive dinners were being ruined by the downpour.

I blamed the chillies for making my eyes water! BTW, I really enjoy your BKK reports - it's good to see something other than Nana and Cowboy. :thumbup

Cheers Tom. Ive got plenty more BKK photos to post from this past trip, im sure you will enjoy them.

• Upvote 1

Staying here for 2 nights in June, very much looking forward to my stay, thanks for posting :thumbup

dont eat there, i took a girl there once, it cost me in the region of 7.000 baht for the two of us, and the portions are tiny, we had to go to McDonalds afterwards

A mate had his honeymoon in Thailand and as a present told him I would buy them dinner here, the bastard had everything they could have and it cost me around £300.

Should have bought him a toaster

Nice pics!

But as a resident of an earthquake-prone country and knowing Thai building standards, you pics are as close as I will ever go.

At that height the venue must get seriosuly strong winds, no?

Edited by Dungheap

WOW great pictures!!!!!!!!!!!! $17 bucks for a drink, no thanks !!!!!!

You have got to try it at least once in your life. It has amazing views up there, and i think for the price of 1 drink, its worth it.

But remember, you dont actually have to buy a drink there, you can just gom up there and take some photos and then head back down. No need to buy any drinks!

You have got to try it at least once in your life. It has amazing views up there, and i think for the price of 1 drink, its worth it.

But remember, you dont actually have to buy a drink there, you can just gom up there and take some photos and then head back down. No need to buy any drinks!

I'll be paying it a visit in just over 3 weeks, but won't be getting pissed up there, thats for sure, but 2 or 3 drinks won'r hurt

Nice pics!

But as a resident of an earthquake-prone country and knowing Thai building standards, you pics are as close as I will ever go.

At that height the venue must get seriosuly strong winds, no?

Come on, man up Dung! :dbh

I had one of my best Loy Kratongs in Bangers. Drinks at the JW Marriott, dinner at a Thai place on the river, and then to the lebua tower. They had a great live blues singer/band from the US.